Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

He's OK

Warhead36

I heard Gregg Williams on WTOP say (paraphrasing) that "LaVar had his best week of practice so far, and has not only taken big strides mentally but physically as well."

Translation -- LaVar's gonna play. I guess somebody should told Mikey before he opened his trap. You know 56 is just waiting to unleash an ungodly amount of frustration on that field Sunday.

RIP...Alex Smith ????-Oct 23, 2005.

Interesting. With news that Lavar may be playing on Sunday I would think Mr. Nolan would want to maybe keep things a bit subdued. Maybe trying to fire up his guys but I for one would have chosen somebody else to mention considering how hungry The Beast is going to be.

I can GW himself hand-delivering a big print-out of that to Lavar and saying "time for you to go to work, son" :redpunch:

I think it is hilarious for people on the internet to call any NFL HC an idiot. Of the millions of coach wannabes in this country there are a total of 32 at the top of the heap--making 2-5 mil per year. Yeah, a real idiot.

Well then. I with that logic there's only one President of the United states. I guess he's gotta be mensa level. ;)

Redskins quarterback Mark Brunell was limited by the coaching staff during practice on Friday as a precautionary measure because of his strained calf, reports the team's website. "We kept Mark out as a precautionary measure," head coach Joe Gibbs said. "He looked good this morning. We don't anticipate any problems." Brunell is questionable for Sunday because of the injury, which occurred during practice on Thursday.

Views: Brunell will be fine by game time on Sunday, so don't hesitate to use him against the 49ers

Maybae Nolan wants LaVar angry--if he gets on the field. Maybe he would love to see him free-lancing all over the place in an effort to show Nolan up--maybe picking up a few 15 yarders in the process.

I think it is hilarious for people on the internet to call any NFL HC an idiot. Of the millions of coach wannabes in this country there are a total of 32 at the top of the heap--making 2-5 mil per year. Yeah, a real idiot.

I don't think you guys understand. Mike Nolan is a FOOTBALL coach! He makes 2-5 million a year!

Maybae Nolan wants LaVar angry--if he gets on the field. Maybe he would love to see him free-lancing all over the place in an effort to show Nolan up--maybe picking up a few 15 yarders in the process.

Oh, boo hooo hoo. This is what being a fan of a sport is. It's the right of a fan to question calls and decisions of players and coaches that we pay to watch. It is our fun as fans to do this. If he is, as you say, making more than 2 million bucks a year, he's able to do it simply because WE the fans pay the ticket prices and buy the merchandise.

I wonder, if we didn't do that, what would Nolan be qualified to do?

It could be he's bright enough to be an astro-physicist. It could be he may need instructions on operating a mop.

Unless you can answer that, keep your condescending attitude to yourself.

In fact I would think that by your logic, you should never ever comment on anything unless you yourself can do it better. I should expect to never see you post here again on any matters related to the topic of professional football unless you played it or coached it, and if you did, I for one will need some proof.

Back to the original topic, Nolan IS an idiot. Note how hall of famer Joe Gibbs handled the media this week when they had the audacity to hint that his team is much better than the 49ers. He was livid. He won't give the other team any emotional edge if he can help it. He also won't give his own team any reason to become over confident.

Nolan apparently never read that chapter in the coaching manual. He not only has given his opposition bulletin-board material, but he's probably given a pro-bowl QB killer even MORE motivation to go out and make a statement. (as if he needed any more reason to prove himself.) And it's NOT isolated to this. Nolan has told practically anyone that will listen how bad of an organization he thinks the Redskins are. ("I learned a lot in Washington, and none of it was about football." is his quote)

He took our defense in the late 90s and promptly turned it into a bottom-feeding 'read and react' unit. And last year, he put Ray Lewis, arguably the best pure MLB that has ever played, into a 3-4.

Yeah, he's a bright one. I'm glad that genius is as far away from the Redskins roster as he can continentally get.

~Bang

Come on, people aren't implying that they could personally do a better job than Nolan, rather people calling him an idiot are pretty certain that there are coaches that are much more deserving of the opportunity to become a professional head coach.

Nolan must think GW is bluffing and this is his way of calling BS. If he really thought LA was playing, he wouldn't make these comments. No NFL coach could possibly be this stupid.

Man, I hope LA plays and makes Nolan pay. This is gonna be fun.

Archived