Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm desperate: I'll PAY YOU to record the preseason games (DV tape preferred)

A couple of weeks ago I offered to make DVD copies of the preseason games if someone would record them for me on DV tape. (Aside from the Osaka game, I can't get the preseason in Atlanta.) This degenerated into a discussion of recording technologies and DirecTV local channels.

So let me be more direct, with cash up front: I'll PAY YOU to record the remaining preseason games. I'll also pay for the cost of the tapes and give you my FedEx number for free shipping.

I'd like to get the best recording quality possible, so I'll accept the top bid (per game) in the following (declining) order of preference:

$20 -- DV tape from digital satellite or digital cable source

$15 -- DV tape from analog cable source

$10 -- SVHS tape, any cable/satellite source

$5 -- VHS tape (on normal 2-hour speed), any cable/satellite source

$3 -- VHS tape, any speed, any source

$1 -- Doodles and cartoons you draw during the game

Let the bidding begin! (Post replies or send me a PM.) Thanks, guys -- don't leave me stranded!

ASF,

I don't mind recording the games (VHS) and sending you the tape. I typically record them anyways since I am often not home to watch them when they come on. However, I can't do it on the 2Hr mode because the games last too long for that. Just shoot me an email at gbear00116@msn.com by the day of any game you can't get taped another way (I noticed my taping method is rather low on your preference list).

All I ask is that when I send you a tape, either send me a blank one or a few bucks for another tape. I don't need anything more than that to help out a skins fan.

I could do that for you ASF on VHS for you. I can even further break down my going rate:

$2.00 extra to edit out the commercials

$5.00 extra to edit out every shot of Ramsey on the sidelines

$10.00 extra to edit out every catch by Rod Gardner

--------------------------------------------------------------

Absolutely useless movie trivia: In the movie Working Girl where Tess(Melanie Griffinth) is locked in the closet for a birthday suprise, one of the friends in there is extra and unknown at that time David Duchovny

Originally posted by KevinthePRF

:laugh:

Well, you're the leading bid so far, if you can do it on 2-hour VHS tapes (might take two tapes). And if you want to edit the commercials, that's certainly worth $2.00!

I'll keep the bidding open for a few more days.....

baralufficus,

If ASF doesn't need them, and from his post, it doesn't sound like he does, just drop me an email. Basically, I tape the game and watch it either latter that night or the next morning. If nobody wants it, I tape over it next week. All I care about is whether I have a balnk tape the following week. Since there are a few lying around my appartment, it's just a question of whether anybody replaces the blanks.

I have a post office down the street from my work, so that's not a problem. I just don't want to end up moving my two vcrs and making copies (yes, I'm lazy). So as far as I am concerned, whoever wants the tape can have it. Just email me with an address to send it.

Originally posted by KevinthePRF

I could do that for you ASF on VHS for you. I can even further break down my going rate:

$2.00 extra to edit out the commercials

OK, KevinthePRF, looks like you're the winner. Please do tape the game for me, and I'll take that $2 commercial editing option.

As for the RG option, there's not enough smack in my wallet to cover. ;)

I'll leave it open for any higher bids, and I'll pay the highest bid plus Kevin's bid if someone trumps him.

Back Sunday night to settle details. Have fun. :cheers:

Archived