Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Listen up DirectTV NFL Ticket users with TIVO!!!!!!!!!

CHUBAKAH

I had to complain this year because when they sent me my first bill for ST.....it was at the new price.

I was like............what????

They said.....uh..........sorry.

THAT was what I got.

Blondie

I'm assuming you just called the regular DirecTV number rather than calling customer retention then. the regular CSR's have little pull and brains for that matter.

I had to complain this year because when they sent me my first bill for ST.....it was at the new price.

I was like............what????

They said.....uh..........sorry.

THAT was what I got.

Blondie

Blondie,

What "new" price are you referring to? I paid $199 (in four payments).

Trevor,

I actually knew about the $49 deal for complainers. I also was aware of calling Retention and getting better deals. I don't have an HD TV yet though, so Superfan was fairly useless for me except for the ShortCuts, which I don't feel is worth $49 extra.

What I WASN'T aware of is the change of not blacking out local/blackout games for next season. Where did you hear/read this? If true, that will take care of one of my pet peeves! On the occasion where I have to watch a game TiVo-delayed, there is NOTHING more frustrating than coming home to find out that the local affiliate decided to carry the Skins game, and I have a 4.5 hour "Game Not Available In Your Area" message because I recorded the NFL-ST channel! :evil:

My opinion is that if I'm paying ~200 freaking dollars for NFL-ST, I should be able to choose which channel I want to watch from! Besides, I hate my local affiliates! I miss the old days where I could get the national network feeds. What was nice was when the ABC affiliate from DC was the east coast ABC affiliate and I got a lot of Skins coverage. Then they forced me to watch my local affiliates!

Chewie a little late to the party aren't ya???? :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah I guess, and I am still mad as hell at all of you that held this information from us. I am not a TV person at all except for my Skins. Truth be told my lady found the Shortcut thing for me. I don't know how the TIVO thing really even works, I use the puter to record the games.

Blondie,

What "new" price are you referring to? I paid $199 (in four payments).

Trevor,

I actually knew about the $49 deal for complainers. I also was aware of calling Retention and getting better deals. I don't have an HD TV yet though, so Superfan was fairly useless for me except for the ShortCuts, which I don't feel is worth $49 extra.

What I WASN'T aware of is the change of not blacking out local/blackout games for next season. Where did you hear/read this? If true, that will take care of one of my pet peeves! On the occasion where I have to watch a game TiVo-delayed, there is NOTHING more frustrating than coming home to find out that the local affiliate decided to carry the Skins game, and I have a 4.5 hour "Game Not Available In Your Area" message because I recorded the NFL-ST channel! :evil:

My opinion is that if I'm paying ~200 freaking dollars for NFL-ST, I should be able to choose which channel I want to watch from! Besides, I hate my local affiliates! I miss the old days where I could get the national network feeds. What was nice was when the ABC affiliate from DC was the east coast ABC affiliate and I got a lot of Skins coverage. Then they forced me to watch my local affiliates!

I read it on the AVS forums, the quote below is from Dr.z on cnnsi.com.....

"Next year there will be no more blackouts. As a service to the fans who own satellite dishes, they will be able to pick up all games on the dish, even those that are carried nationally or in their own area by network TV."

• 2 weeks later...
I read it on the AVS forums, the quote below is from Dr.z on cnnsi.com.....

"Next year there will be no more blackouts. As a service to the fans who own satellite dishes, they will be able to pick up all games on the dish, even those that are carried nationally or in their own area by network TV."

Well .. I SURE HOPE that this is true! I am about to fire off another angry letter to the NFL and DirecTV! This will make at least one for every one of the last ten seasons that I've subscribed.

Today, at the last minute, my local affiliate decided to carry the Skins game. I had to go into the office for a while so I knew that I would have to watch it TiVo delayed. Luckily, I decided to check the TiVo before I left and found that the local FOX was carrying the game and my recording on channel 708 had the message "Game Not Available in Your Area." I was steamed. If I wasn't home, I would have come home to a 4.5 hour blank recording!

The other thing that REALLY steamed me is because I live in the land of the Tampa Bay Yucks, they cut away before the end of the game to carry the Yucks. Had this been a game down to the wire, as has been the case in the past, I would have missed the end of MY game! And I am paying $200 (probably more next year) for THIS?! :evil:

Archived