Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FT: Quick start, slow ending for Washington

bubba9497

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051020/SPORTS/510200338/1002/sports

Quick start, slow ending for Washington

FLORIDA TODAY sports copy editor Jim Cawley lists five NFL teams with two or fewer losses that will struggle to make the playoffs.

1. Washington Redskins (3-2). At 3-0 they were easily the NFL's biggest undefeated fraud. There's dissension on defense. And Mark Brunell is old.

2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-1). Even before Griese went down, you could hear the tremendous sigh of relief after each win. Two games against Atlanta and Carolina, as well as one at New England, adds up to five losses to me. Expecting them to win the rest of their games with a backup quarterback is asking a little too much.

3. Cincinnati Bengals (5-1). The only good team they've played -- Jacksonville -- was a loss. However, good teams await them (Steelers twice, Colts, Chiefs) in the coming weeks.

4. New York Giants (3-2). Why is it that coach Tom Coughlin never smiles? Maybe it's because he knows his team isn't that good.

5. Kansas City Chiefs (3-2). Could be the odd team out in a tough AFC West. But hey, even the Colts finally realized you need more than a powerful offense.

wow, what an idiot. First of all does he even know why we lost our games. Our last 2 games were by far our best statisically this season, we just killed ourself with turnovers. Mark Brunell is playin like one of the better qbs in football right now, his 3rd down conversions stat is huge. And Our defense is still 5th in the NFL. What a moron.

No stats or real insight as to why things are as they he sees them. All opinion. I need to make a living doing that. Just think, a job where there are no repercussions for being 100% wrong. "Mark Brunell is old". Yeah, but let's also ignore the fact that he's in the top 10 of quarterbacks in the league right now, and has played one less game than most of them. :doh:

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051020/SPORTS/510200338/1002/sports

1. Washington Redskins (3-2). At 3-0 they were easily the NFL's biggest undefeated fraud. There's dissension on defense. And Mark Brunell is old.

Wow, so many things wrong with this. First off, learn to write, idiot. Those last two sentences should be combined. Not only can he not write, but he clearly knows nothing about sports. Brunell's age has nothing to do with anything as long as he plays well. There are several other quaterbacks who are as old or older than Brunell in the league, yet I don't hear anything about them being too old. This stuff is useless.

this guy is the biggest fraud in in sports writing

He's a sports copy editor guys and it's just his opinion. Florida Today actually isn't a bad newspaper although not exactly the New York Times. I lived down there in the mid-80s for a year and the sports section was pretty good. It is part of the Gannett/USA Today umbrella.

That being said, he's got "Cowboy Fan" stamped all over his forehead.

Quick start, slow ending for Washington

FLORIDA TODAY sports copy editor Jim Cawley lists five NFL teams with two or fewer losses that will struggle to make the playoffs.

EXTREMESKINS poster Arkowi lists one NFL writer that does not get it.

1. Jim Cawley

Lets pick every decent team that didn't make the playoffs last year. BRILLIANT! :doh:

Some "reporters" just can't make the transition from one season to the next. For these guys, there's no analysis or reason for a team's unexpectedly good or bad performance. They just can't grasp that a team may actually be better or worse than the previous year.

I was going to give away my crow pie, now I'm planning on selling it for a profit. There's a strong market for it.

Archived