Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thoughts from Arrowhead

Monte51Coleman

IMG_0745.jpg

I went to the game in KC yesterday. Some random thoughts:

I can't remember a stadium parking lot smelling any better then Arrowhead did. When we arrived it was cloudy and cool. The rising smoke from literally hundreds of charcoal grills gave it a very supernatural feel, almost a halloween fog type of atmosphere.

Port-o-lets a plenty outside the stadium. Never more than 4-5 people in line at any one time. Like Art pointed out, some were reserved for women only.

Speaking of women.....err.....how do I say this nicely?.....not much to report on. A definite lack of talent.

What a pleasure not to be blasted with loud advertisements during stoppages in play. I could actually discuss the game with the folks that I was sitting near in a normal voice. How civilized!

The consensus of the KC fans that were in my area was that the game would have been a Redskins blowout if not for the turnovers. This was reinforced by the callers into their postgame radio call-in shows. They were not happy with their team and were pretty impressed with the Skins.

KC fans in general were very knowledgable and fair. I didn't run into ANY blind homers. Midwesterners are just different. Again, how refreshing.

I was in row 9 of the upper deck and it was loud. I don't know if it is the loudest in the NFL like they say but on average it's louder than Fedex with, I think, about 25,000 less fans.

EVERYTHING is red. Most fans wear red. Red, red, everywhere. Pretty impressive.

One cool thing they do is on a first down the announcer says, for instance, " Priest Holmes gained 3 yards on the carry for a Chiefs", and the whole crowd says "First Down".

One lame thing that they do is the FSU tomahawk chop thing. Very unoriginal. When they did it the first time the guy sitting next to me said " I don't think that will scare the Redskins". Indian sarcasm, it was very funny.

That's it for now. I'll add more when things come to me.

I was in row 9 of the upper deck and it was loud. I don't know if it is the loudest in the NFL like they say but on average it's louder than Fedex with, I think, about 25,000 less fans.

I was 8 rows behind the Skins bench. Guy behind me is from VA and told me that Fed EX gets louder.

I was there also, front row on the 15. It wasn't very loud. Fedex is louder when the crowd gets into it. The noise probably wasn't even 40% of the crowd noise at Fedex in our playoff game against the Lions. KC fans were very nice. Have to agree about the lack of talent. They probably compete with Green Bay for fattest fans in the NFL. Beer prices were good and they had a decent BBQ place. They also have a pretty funny song they constantly sing. Overall a decent place, but not even close to Fedex.

I was there front row on the 20...I was impressed with the amount of skins fans there...we were represented well. I agree that the fans were nice and for the most part not homers, and they know how to tailgate!!! Before the game I got to talk to Lavar briefly... I was wearing his jersey and a PSU visor, so he came over and shook my hand...he told me he would probably just be rushing the punter, and he was obviously bummed about it. Oh and the stealth flyover was SWEET!!!!

That stealth bomber looked really cool on TV......I'd love to see one of those at Fed Ex. The fighters we've seen have been pretty cool - but a big stealth bomber would really be cool.

If I can't get a stealth - how about some Raptors?....Ok...Ok....how about a few Blackhawks - that would be cool.

You guys hear that Monte thinks the women from the midwest are "repulsive & revolting"?

That stealth bomber looked really cool on TV......I'd love to see one of those at Fed Ex. The fighters we've seen have been pretty cool - but a big stealth bomber would really be cool.

If I can't get a stealth - how about some Raptors?....Ok...Ok....how about a few Blackhawks - that would be cool.

You guys hear that Monte thinks the women from the midwest are "repulsive & revolting"?

Thanks a lot GV....I owe you one, big time!

They were honoring local son General Richard Meyers, Joint Chiefs Chairman, prior to the game. Maybe he had a little to do with the stealth bomber fly-over?

Archived