Chris Cooley is sweet

The Giants lost

The Eagles did not win

Lavar is well rested

UVA beat Florida State

Randy Thomas is pretty good at guard

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

:logo: :logo: :logo: :logo: :logo:

Carlos Rodgers played very well again. The kid makes BEAUTIFUL textbook tackles.

Walt Harris played pretty well, also. Sean Taylor had a good game.

Frost decked some guy on a punt :laugh:

Brunell, even though he got sacked a few times by that rookie DE of the Chiefs, also managed to be remarkably elusive in the pocket,, several other times they had him dead to rights and he slipped out. He made only one bad throw that I could tell, the one to Thrash near the end of the game.

Randy Thomas was pulling like a bulldozer and mauling people.

Cornelius Griffin had a good game.

Priest Holmes rushed for 18 yards.. EIGHTEEN. I'd love to know the last time he played a whole game and ran for less than 20 yards.

A tough loss, but not a total loss.

~Bang

The Falls in NYC went crazy when they showed that on the replay. I'm still not sure that makes up for his volleyball set/illegal batting penalty on the manliness meter, but it does help. If I were on the Chiefs, I would make fun of #89 (I believe) who was owned by a 175 lbs. punter mercilessly.

As far as highlights, this is a work in progress more than anything else. Think of how much we have in place:

1. A good, reliable QB with a huge chest protector;

2. A solid, and incredibly fast receiver;

3. An excellent catching HB;

4. An offensive line that while making some big mistakes today looks a lot better than it did last year;

5. A solid defense that's missing key players that still, by and large, gets it done; and

6. We are scoring points.

All this with a sizable number of key injuries.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

More than anything else, this team is fun to watch.

The Falls in NYC went crazy when they showed that on the replay. I'm still not sure that makes up for his volleyball set/illegal batting penalty on the manliness meter, but it does help. If I were on the Chiefs, I would make fun of #89 (I believe) who was owned by a 175 lbs. punter mercilessly.

As far as highlights, this is a work in progress more than anything else. Think of how much we have in place:

4. An offensive line that while making some big mistakes today looks a lot better than it did last year;

5. A solid defense that's missing key players that still, by and large, gets it done; and

Agree on all points.

I'm just happy I don't have the feeling of dread every time Brunell drops back to pass like I did last year. If we can just get the offense and the defense on the same page for the same game we'll be in business.

Iheart where were you? By the bar or sitting at a table?

I was sitting at the table by the window in the front with skins4eva, bhayesp, and a couple other friends. I was furthest away from the window. Where were you?

Sitting with LaRou and a few other folks at the bar in front of the Tap (good place to be!). We gotta hook up next week. :applause:

Positives -

- Mark Brunell played his @ss off again. Fumbles happen, 331 yards passing 3td and no picks....that my friends is rare and wonderful.

- Santana Moss rules your face!

- Taylor Jacobs did not get injured

- The offense scored more then 20 points and continues to look much improved.

- Dante Hall didn't score on us

- No blocked field goals!

- Our punter owned Boerigter hard.

its not a win, the D looked a little worse (though kc has a good offense), i think we have a good tema though, and that this thing will turn around now. the punter hit was real nice. but cnat take too much positive....just gotta work on not fumbling and forcing turnovers.

Positives:

1) If we had to have two losses, I'd rather them be to AFC teams rather than NFC teams, especially within our division, where we are still undefeated

2) After seeing this game, I have no doubt that we have the potential to be a fearsome offense -- the personnel is there, and the only thing stopping it from being unleashed on the rest of the league is that our philosophy is still basically that of a run-first team -- I have no doubt that if we wanted to be a passing-oriented team, we could quite well match up with the likes of past juggernauts such as the 2000 Rams, the Vikings when they were good, etc., etc. -- the only thing we need to do is to loosen up a bit, ya know? -- please Joe, throw caution to the wind, and put the ball in Moss's hands, and in Cooley's hands, as much as possible

Positives:

1) If we had to have two losses, I'd rather them be to AFC teams rather than NFC teams, especially within our division, where we are still undefeated

2) After seeing this game, I have no doubt that we have the potential to be a fearsome offense -- the personnel is there, and the only thing stopping it from being unleashed on the rest of the league is that our philosophy is still basically that of a run-first team -- I have no doubt that if we wanted to be a passing-oriented team, we could quite well match up with the likes of past juggernauts such as the 2000 Rams, the Vikings when they were good, etc., etc. -- the only thing we need to do is to loosen up a bit, ya know? -- please Joe, throw caution to the wind, and put the ball in Moss's hands, and in Cooley's hands, as much as possible

I agree our passing game looks terrific. I think they need to pass the ball to portis more often as well...

Special Teams this week were very solid, Novak's kickoffs were a little to be desired, I know they were trying some directional stuff but it might be time to let Frost do some kick-offs. He did record 61 career touchbacks in College at Northern Iowa. By the way, this is 3 weeks in a row that he has come up with a clutch punt at a very clutch time. (vs Seahawks=49 yarder to the 2 in the last 5 minutes of the game) (vs Bronco's=40 yarder downed at the 1 that should have resulted in 2 points til we were screwed by refs) and now yesterday with a 54 yard punt with a minus 2 yard return out of his own end zone when the Chiefs had Dante set up for the return at the end of the half. These are very clutch punts that have to make you wonder, with the salary cap, do you hold on to Frost as a second year player not taking up a lot of cap room or wait until someone like Tom Tupa is healthy again and pick them up? Any thoughts?

Special Teams this week were very solid, Novak's kickoffs were a little to be desired, I know they were trying some directional stuff but it might be time to let Frost do some kick-offs. He did record 61 career touchbacks in College at Northern Iowa. By the way, this is 3 weeks in a row that he has come up with a clutch punt at a very clutch time. (vs Seahawks=49 yarder to the 2 in the last 5 minutes of the game) (vs Bronco's=40 yarder downed at the 1 that should have resulted in 2 points til we were screwed by refs) and now yesterday with a 54 yard punt with a minus 2 yard return out of his own end zone when the Chiefs had Dante set up for the return at the end of the half. These are very clutch punts that have to make you wonder, with the salary cap, do you hold on to Frost as a second year player not taking up a lot of cap room or wait until someone like Tom Tupa is healthy again and pick them up? Any thoughts?

Agreed, Special Teams did a great job containing Hall. :applause:

Carlos Rodgers played very well again. The kid makes BEAUTIFUL textbook tackles.

Walt Harris played pretty well, also. Sean Taylor had a good game.

Brunell, even though he got sacked a few times by that rookie DE of the Chiefs, also managed to be remarkably elusive in the pocket,, several other times they had him dead to rights and he slipped out. He made only one bad throw that I could tell, the one to Thrash near the end of the game.

Randy Thomas was pulling like a bulldozer and mauling people.

Cornelius Griffin had a good game.

Priest Holmes rushed for 18 yards.. EIGHTEEN. I'd love to know the last time he played a whole game and ran for less than 20 yards.

A tough loss, but not a total loss.

~Bang

Bang, Allen is in his second year. Big fella with alot of speed 6'6" 265.

Holmes may have rushed for eighteen yards, but that little dump pass KILLED us.

True. Bang. Although I had to go to a double header softball game with my daughter:doh: I did listen to the game on my headphones. It sounded like there were alot of great plays on Offense. Seemed that Rogers played real well for a rookie.

With regards to Jared Allen, he's only going to get better as he matures as an NFL player.

How about we are 3-2 overall, 3-0 in the conference, 1-0 in the division and a half game out of first place?

Sure the KC loss stings, moreso than the Denver loss I think. But have we all forgetten how much worse it feels to lose to Dallas 27-0? Or to Philly 37-7?

Anyone remember when we lost to the Packers 37-0 and then to KC 45-13 the next week?

Those scores aren't ancient history. They all happened within the past four years.

Those of you bemoaning our imperfect performances over the past few weeks might need a little perspective.

Archived