Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trying to set a new record????

Marco Chacon

LaDainian Tomlinson -18 consecutibe games with a TD

Clinto Portis - 7 games WITHOUT scoring a TD (Last time Dec 12, 04):doh:

Don´t get me wrong, the Offense is improving every game since the Dallas game I can see that, but Gibbs should use Clinton in more ways. If you have a good weapon USE IT! ( Not to mention Lavar....):mad:

:logo:

LaDainian Tomlinson -18 consecutibe games with a TD

Clinto Portis - 7 games WITHOUT scoring a TD (Last time Dec 12, 04):doh:

Don´t get me wrong, the Offense is improving every game since the Dallas game I can see that, but Gibbs should use Clinton in more ways. If you have a good weapon USE IT! ( Not to mention Lavar....):mad:

:logo:

Tell the offensive line to hold their blocks longer than .5 miliseconds

Dont get me Wrong I am not really arguing with you but I really dont think We should even be putting the two names in the same sentence.

Portis like all backs benifitted from the Denver running system and fell into his own hype. I lOVE THE GUY, I LOVE HIS WORK ETHIC, HIS DETERMINATION everything... he is one of the few guys that still remains a top 10 back after LEAVING the denver system

LT... on the other hand... this guy is in a completly diferrent STRATOSPHERE.. he starting to crack that leads his name to eventually being mentioned in the likes of Sanders, Jim Brown, EMmitt... this guy is unbelieveable ... and he has GREAT GREAT VISION.

this isnt a post to bash portis but to just Stress how good LT is.

Guest BleedinBurgundyandGold

I think Portis is more hurt than what the team is letting on. I base this on the way he seems to hit the hole once he gets the ball.....it seems slow, and tenative.

Two things.

1 - The run blocking is HORRIBLE. I watch other games and I see the holes they open up for their running backs, I just don't see any of that done by this line. Clinton is constantly running into defenders at or near the LOS.

2 - Clinton stumbles too much. A lot of people have noticed this and it has continued. The guy looks like he has a bad transmission, as soon as he tries to hit the high gear the gears grind and he sputters.

Let's not overreact. We're just now starting to establish a deadly passing attack. KC still was able to leave 7-8 guys in the box and blitz all day. Once teams start hurting when that happens, we'll see five guys in coverage... and that means Portis will feast on six man fronts. Until then, he's only going to be so effective.

from what i see he's not reading the field like he used to. It seems his doin exactly what the coaches are asking him to do (wait for his blocking).from what ive seen so far this season is him dipping his head and running behind is blocking Its taking him out of his game. he's not as flashy as he use to be. Remember that first carry when he took it for 64 he saw that the defenders overpursue so he bounced it to the outside and turn on the burners.

today on that perfect screen pass he had the whole field in front of him with blocking he just didnt capitalize.

Let's not overreact. We're just now starting to establish a deadly passing attack. KC still was able to leave 7-8 guys in the box and blitz all day. Once teams start hurting when that happens, we'll see five guys in coverage... and that means Portis will feast on six man fronts. Until then, he's only going to be so effective.

thats bull, our passing game is as deadly as it can gets. they got 7-8 guys in the box because the offense is ALWAYS max protecting if they want to utilize his skills they need to spread out the recievers. because our passing game is on point hey'll have to respect our wide outs PLUS I KNOW EVERYONE SEE"S HOW MUCH OF A CUSHION THEY GIVE PATTEN AND MOSS!!!

Archived