Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I love this team!

Last year I would be so pissed after we lost because the offense played like crap ....but the last 2 games they have played very well and they were both close games I was upset this week though because we should've beat kc but turnovers kill, and Santana Moss is a beast he was definately a great pickup in the offseason every week he impresses me more and more hes one of the better receivers we've had in washington in a long time

I agree with you on all points. I've followed this team religiously for a long time. From where I sit, this is easily the best team we've had since 1999, and may be the best we've had since Gibbs left. There is call for optimism in the Nation's Capitol.

Hail!

OH AND, you don't "exercise" demons, you "exorcise" them. Teehee. I'm picturing a demon on a treadmill. . .

All I can think of is how would the game have been different if the ball had of bounced the Redskins way.

When Cartwright fumbled, it bounced right up into Knight's arms w/only green space ahead of him. When Taylor blew up Holmes, the ball flew right into Gonzales' hands. Sometimes it's just the bounce of the ball...

So, considering that the Redskins have largely controlled the action in these losses, I would say that we as Redskin fans definitely have cause for optimism.

I know we lost. And losses are heartbreaking. But you know what? I will always be excited for this team.

Sure, our Defense has been a bit rough as of late. But I think that Gregg Williams D is really based on the health of our Secondary, and it has been anything but over the past 2/3 weeks. Yes, I would like to see Lavar out there playing, but he wasn't out there last year and we were still fine, so I think the problems have been with the secondary. I have faith that our D didn't forget how to play defense starting about 45 minutes into the Seahawks game.

On Offense, what can I say? These guys have really stepped it up. They're playing great and I'm loving it. We could be scoring a bit more, but overall, I like our play. Mark Brunell is playing like a man possessed. Santana Moss is amazing. We've also got solid contributors in the passing game, outside of Moss, guys such as; Cooley, Patten, Thrash, and even Royal. Portis and Sellers are even getting in the mix in the passing game. I do wish that our running game was a little more consistent, but overall, it hasn't been too bad. I would like for our Redzone running game to get better and I'm hopeful that we'll see that change in the next few weeks. Our O-line has been solid, but it needs to be more consistent. Today it got abused by the Chiefs (mainly Jared Allen). The turnovers are troubling, and I feel like this game was the equivalent to last years Giants game. The first fumble today was really just a great defensive play. Brunell's other fumble was just a bad play, there's no excuse for that. Same with Rock, he knows how to protect the football, he needs to do a better job of that ... both him a Brunell. But overall, I love the offense.

Other than that, I think that we need to stop being our worst enemy, but that's a demon that we've been exercising for a while. And I think that's one of the growing pains that a team is going to have when you've been losing for so long. Either way, I know a lot of you are in a bad mood after the loss, as am I. But I feel that this team, is becoming a team, and I'm excited to see what we do once we can learn to get the hell out of our own way.

:point2sky

Love your attitude SSM. Keep on keeping on!

I would like to interject:

GWs defense has been predicated on the LBs and their ability to make plays in the past. I don't see him changing at this point. Marcus is excellent on one side. We have possibilities on the other side if cooler heads will prevail :cool:

Yes, we miss Springs at CB. I believe last year was a fluke.

Not to say Springs isn't a d@mn good CB, I'm just talking about his ability to play without recurring injuries that have plagued him throughout his career.

I was pleased to see Harris on the field today. We just can't seem to get pressure on the QB from our front seven or from our blitz packages thus far.

Even if the secondary coverage is good, we still don't get a sack. Please correct me if I'm wrong ;)

I love the Redskins...period! I don't love the players in particular. I love the Redskins because they have become ingrained in me and wrapped around my spinal cord like some sort of alien. I live and die by their season and thats why my life has been dysfunctional for the last 14 years. This is a frikken NIGHTMARE for me.

I wish that the Redskins had Mike Shanahan as their coach because Portis would be a 1600 yard back. Shanahan would play Lavar and he would get 16 sacks. And Shanahn would not tolerate his QB turning the ball over and fumbling every single game. Plus, the Redskins would have a pass rush by now.

Its time the Redskin move into the 21st century and get out of the 80's.

I was cussing so loud after the game that my daugher in Reno was blushing, now that I have had time to cool off a bit, I can see some favorable things. Knowing that we went into the game with a banged up secondary, Clinton hurting, and a we still were in the game at the end helps. we have got to end these turnovers. That is what is killing us, not the offense or defense.

Shanahan would play Lavar and he would get 16 sacks. And Shanahn would not tolerate his QB turning the ball over and fumbling every single game.

Its time the Redskin move into the 21st century and get out of the 80's.

First off dude, you're way too dramatic. Secondly, if you're talking about Shanny not tolerating TO's from his QB, then your head has been under a rock ever since the Broncos picked up Jake Plummer.

I mean, I guess you're right if you said that Shanahan doesn't tolerate his QB turning the ball over with his throwing hand. But it looks like Jake even found a loophole in that, by throwing pics with his left hand.

SSM - It was great to meet you and a host of other ES crew in Charlotte back in August for the preseason opener. One thing's for sure, the offense has advanced to the point where we have a lot to feel good about right now, in spite of a few setbacks. We're dominating time of possession, dictating the line of scrimmage, and forcing teams to pull guys back into coverage to open up the running game. Plus, we get the dreadful 49ers at home this week after two consecutive, hard-fought losses on the road. And whether Lavar ever again takes the field in a Skins uni is really up to the coaches who are responsible for building a team with character and a never-say-die attitude. It's been quite a long time since any Skins fan could ever really say that and believe it.

HTTR!!

• 2 months later...

This has been a special season for Redskin Fans from the 5 game winning streak at the end of the season to make the playoffs to sweeping Dallas and going 5-1 in the NFC East. To Moss and Portis breaking franchise single season records.

This might not be the year for the Redskins to win it all but the are headed in the right direction with Coach Gibbs back at the helm!

Archived