Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I love this team!

I know we lost. And losses are heartbreaking. But you know what? I will always be excited for this team.

Sure, our Defense has been a bit rough as of late. But I think that Gregg Williams D is really based on the health of our Secondary, and it has been anything but over the past 2/3 weeks. Yes, I would like to see Lavar out there playing, but he wasn't out there last year and we were still fine, so I think the problems have been with the secondary. I have faith that our D didn't forget how to play defense starting about 45 minutes into the Seahawks game.

On Offense, what can I say? These guys have really stepped it up. They're playing great and I'm loving it. We could be scoring a bit more, but overall, I like our play. Mark Brunell is playing like a man possessed. Santana Moss is amazing. We've also got solid contributors in the passing game, outside of Moss, guys such as; Cooley, Patten, Thrash, and even Royal. Portis and Sellers are even getting in the mix in the passing game. I do wish that our running game was a little more consistent, but overall, it hasn't been too bad. I would like for our Redzone running game to get better and I'm hopeful that we'll see that change in the next few weeks. Our O-line has been solid, but it needs to be more consistent. Today it got abused by the Chiefs (mainly Jared Allen). The turnovers are troubling, and I feel like this game was the equivalent to last years Giants game. The first fumble today was really just a great defensive play. Brunell's other fumble was just a bad play, there's no excuse for that. Same with Rock, he knows how to protect the football, he needs to do a better job of that ... both him a Brunell. But overall, I love the offense.

Other than that, I think that we need to stop being our worst enemy, but that's a demon that we've been exercising for a while. And I think that's one of the growing pains that a team is going to have when you've been losing for so long. Either way, I know a lot of you are in a bad mood after the loss, as am I. But I feel that this team, is becoming a team, and I'm excited to see what we do once we can learn to get the hell out of our own way.

:point2sky

Right on Molassy!! We have dominated...DOMINATED our last two opponents everywhere except the scoreboard. When this team learns to protect the ball, look out!!

Rome wasn't built in a day so we need to have patience(and pray for the injury bug to leave this team). Our time is coming.

While I would never say that we're 49ers bad, I think that people expect too much from this team.

It takes a special kind of bad to be able to find ways to lose games when you move the ball better than your opponent.

And I don't think it's a bad that's so easy to fix.

Jesus, what are you like after a win?

I think he's just trying to balance the negativity on the board with some optimism. I like his approach because true objectivity is found somewhere in between the two extremes.

Nice post, Sweet Sassy Molassy. You basically echoed the comments of Mark Brunell in his post-game interview. He was down about the loss, but recognized that there were positives to take away from the game. He seemed confident that the turnovers would be fixed.

After all, this is still a Gibbs-coached team, right? :logo:

This is the way I look at it. Last year, our Offense was atrocious. Whenever there was a tight game, I would hope that our D could score a TD, because we weren't winning any other way. Now, when it's a tight game, I want it in our offense's hand, because I'm sure we can score with it. I don't know about you, but that gives me some hope.

I know we lost. And losses are heartbreaking. But you know what? I will always be excited for this team.

Sure, our Defense has been a bit rough as of late. But I think that Gregg Williams D is really based on the health of our Secondary, and it has been anything but over the past 2/3 weeks. Yes, I would like to see Lavar out there playing, but he wasn't out there last year and we were still fine, so I think the problems have been with the secondary. I have faith that our D didn't forget how to play defense starting about 45 minutes into the Seahawks game.

On Offense, what can I say? These guys have really stepped it up. They're playing great and I'm loving it. We could be scoring a bit more, but overall, I like our play. Mark Brunell is playing like a man possessed. Santana Moss is amazing. We've also got solid contributors in the passing game, outside of Moss, guys such as; Cooley, Patten, Thrash, and even Royal. Portis and Sellers are even getting in the mix in the passing game. I do wish that our running game was a little more consistent, but overall, it hasn't been too bad. I would like for our Redzone running game to get better and I'm hopeful that we'll see that change in the next few weeks. Our O-line has been solid, but it needs to be more consistent. Today it got abused by the Chiefs (mainly Jared Allen). The turnovers are troubling, and I feel like this game was the equivalent to last years Giants game. The first fumble today was really just a great defensive play. Brunell's other fumble was just a bad play, there's no excuse for that. Same with Rock, he knows how to protect the football, he needs to do a better job of that ... both him a Brunell. But overall, I love the offense.

Other than that, I think that we need to stop being our worst enemy, but that's a demon that we've been exercising for a while. And I think that's one of the growing pains that a team is going to have when you've been losing for so long. Either way, I know a lot of you are in a bad mood after the loss, as am I. But I feel that this team, is becoming a team, and I'm excited to see what we do once we can learn to get the hell out of our own way.

Good post brother! :cheers:

What a breath of fresh air! Who would have thought at the end of the season last year, our Offense would be this much improved? The Defense is still consistant. We just have to eliminate turnovers. I am really looking forward to the games against the giants and eagles. I think the offense is hitting on all cylinders, we just have to finish off drives. If we could do that I think we could beat anyone!

HTTR

Nice Sassy. Great veteran post. Nice to have some perspective. We're 3 and 2. Hardly a terrible start. This team is making improvement weekly. The offense is coming around. I didn't expect a real contender this year. It's too early to say they are, but they are on their way. Every team loses some games. Hardly the end of the world. Especially when they're so in it until the end.

Yea, we may have dominated but this is not freakin horsehoes!!! We lost again...

If you cannot see the improvement this team has made vs anytime during the last 10 + years...then that's your problem.

Maybe you could make your home on the ESPN Boards? They love miserable posters over there...

Well, I'm the exact opposite, which is ironic, considering my positivity thread. But, I try, lord knows, I try to be positive

You do try.

Nice post SSM. Just wish there were more like you who felt this way.

This team is a Work in Progress and is building steam each week. We are going to explode on someone, and I can't wait to watch the shallacking dry when we're done. :)

I'm also really excited about this squad. Yeah it sucks to lose games you could have won, but I agree these are the growing pains a new team goes through. This is just the beginning of what is going to be a great ride. I still can't believe that Gibbs came back!

Archived