Extremeskins

Mark Brunell's stats = Pro Bowl

The Sir

103-178 58%

1440 yards

9 TDs

2 INTs

91.5 QB Rating

He's having a great year so far. I wish it would translate to more wins, but I like what I'm seeing. I don't feel this team lucked into a winning record at all. We've got a legitimately good football team here and will be in every game this season. Hopefully he can continue his stellar QB play.

nice stats, but after a loss like this, the stats really don't matter,.. i would prefer for Brunell to have 200 yrds passing with 3tds and 0 T.O., and be 4-1, anyday

Definitely, I don't think anyone is happy we lost. I could care less about stats, but it's nice to have them.

I am going to say this, and you all might think I am a little crazy, but Mark Brunell is really playing out of his mind right now. This is what I thought he would be able to bring to the team last year. He makes veteran decisions in the pocket, and has been incredibly efficient. What do yall think?

:cheers:

Yeah those are good stats, but what about the fumbles. I blame the line on the first but on the 2nd he needs to tuck the ball.

Yeah, I agree 100%. That second fumble was completely stupid, especially for a veteran QB. Funny the QB rating doesn't include dumbass stupid fumbles. It doesn't include running 20 yards upfield either though, so maybe it all works out.

I think the efficiency is what Gibbs was looking for, and he found it. You're right - Brunell is incredible right now. My only gripe is that some of the play-calling is a bit questionable. I mean....we ran that WR screen 5 times today, and didn't go deep against that awful secondary of theirs. I say turn over the play-calling duties COMPLETELY to Bill Musgrave.

He's playing very well....how does that mean he's playing out of his mind though???

He is playing out of his mind, b/c no one thought he would be doing what he is doing on the field right now. Take where he was last year, and where he is now, and you can say that he is playing out of his mind.

I am going to say this, and you all might think I am a little crazy, but Mark Brunell is really playing out of his mind right now. This is what I thought he would be able to bring to the team last year. He makes veteran decisions in the pocket, and has been incredibly efficient. What do yall think?

:cheers:

I think he's really having a re-birth and it will still get better. My hope is it will last all this year and well into next to bring Campbell along assuming PR is as gone as most seem to think.

By the way, I scanned the board to see how many GW-slamming, 56-adulating threads there'd be (god this sux IMO) and once again human nature doesn't dissapoint. Losing always sucks, but congragulations of starting a thread that shows someone also cares about some of the positive changes we're seeing finally, week in, week out. :applause:

I, optimistically according to many experts and fellow fans, picked the 'skins to go 9-7 this year right before the first pre-season game. I think we're gonna make it and I'll be damn grateful!

But from what I read of many (yes, newer) posters here, while they were silent at that time, their apparent standard is that we should, and would, be a 12-4 or so team if it wasn't for our stupid QB switch and our loser Defensive Coordinator. :silly:

Don't forget the numerous times his legs have gotten us a critical 1st down under pressure. He's also managed to avoid sacks with remarkable poise. And he's a great leader for the team with his blend of confidence and humility.

Though he may not be the most physically gifted QB (especially now that he's getting older), he's a smart veteran QB and our team seems to respond well to his leadership.

This is why he is now my starting QB in fantasy football! ;)

He's certainly got my vote for the Pro Bowl, that is if he keeps playing well.

Of coarse it will be touch though because in the NFC you have very hot QBs right now with Marc Bulger, Brett Favre, Donnovan McNabb, Drew Bledsoe, and Matt Hasselbeck.

And there is only 3 slots available for a NFC QB in the Pro Bowl. That means that 3 of these very deserving (so far) QBs will get left out of the mix.

PRo Bowl?

Yeah, that'll make me feel all warm and fuzzy. Heck, we won't even need to win any more games, so long as mark makes the pro bowl!

Brunell and LaVar should be good buddies.

:)

You are out of your mind! I hope that was sarcasm (it's kind of hard to tell by little black text letters.)! I would much rather win games than a player win a popularity contest!

Being a popularity contest is probably another reason why you see 56 sitting on the bench since his contract settlement says he has to go to the pro bowl to get the money.

I mean, I remember Chris Samuels stinking it up that one year (I think it might have been when Ramsey had his career ruined by the O-line letting him get killed), and he STILL went to the probowl.

Archived