Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Royal

Funkyalligator

Robert Royal looked pretty good out there. Caught a touchdown pass and seemed to block pretty well. Any thoughts? I am hoping someone can come in and replace Alexander and perhaps be better. From what I remember about Royal from college is that going into his JR/SR not sure which, he was a top rated prospect at TE and then he played some B-Ball and hurt himself. He still played fairly well but not up to the experts predictions so his stock dropped. I've liked what I have seen and he is a decent blocker, with good speed and great hands.

I too, liked what I saw. Although I didn't pay much attention to him other than the couple of catches he had. Seems like he has good instincts. In SOS's system we need a TE who can find an open seam, especially in the red zone where things aren't as spread out. Royal may very well me the man for the job. If he doesn't get injured than he's already that much better than Alexander our oft-injured Pro-Bowl TE of yesteryear.

Actually, Royal's pre-draft evaluations reported him as being a top-notch in-line blocker, with the frame, strength and althiticims to be very physical with ends and linebackers.

I also think he was reported to have solid hands and receiving skills, but he posted 40 times in 4.9 range, which i believe is the main reason his stock plummeted.

I don't know how he fares on the clock, but he was certainly moving a lot faster than 4.9 on that long run down the sidelines, and he looked pretty atheltic in how he avoided one tackler and barrelled into the other.

I really like the prospects of Flemister and Royal at TE. Actually, I already think Flemister has become the equal of Alexander. We should be set at TE for a while.

Robert Royal is another SEC product out of LSU and I thought he played great against the 49ers. Spurrier got to see him play against the Gators and saw some of that potential you were talking about. Stephen Alexander who everybody was raving about when the Skins drafted him will go down as yet another draft bust for the Redskins. He was overrated, period. In fact, he was more injury-prone than Westbrook. We will not miss Alexander one bit.

Yes, very impressed, and excited about what he can do in this offense. I think Royal, along with Gillespie and Doering, and possibly Wuerfeul, will turn some heads and put up some solid numbers this year.

One of the biggest intangibles SS brings is his ability to get production out of players that other coaches could not. Which should have a great affect on our cap situation in the near future.:cheers:

Archived