Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

After just five games, Santana Moss . . .

goldenster95

Santana Moss has been a great pickup. What are the Redskin single season records for catches and yards and td's?

Art Monk set the NFL record at the time with 106 receptions in 1984. As far as yards, Im not sure, but probably Henry Ellard. Henry Ellard had 1397 in 1994, Monk had 1372 in 1984, Clark had 1340 in 1991. Its worth noting that the Posse had to split receptions between themselves (Monk, Clark, and Sanders), and the game was less passer (receiver) friendly than it is today.

Edit...

Bobby Mitchell had 1384 yards in 1962, but they only played 14 game seasons back then, so while he doesnt seem to have the absolute record, you do the math. He was on pace for over 1500 yards.

After 5 games:

Santana Moss: 33 receptions for 631 yards and 4 TDs - 19.1 yards per catch.

Terrell Owens: 37 receptions for 556 yards and 4 TDs - 15.0 yards per catch.

Plexiglass Bursucks: 30 receptions for 451 yards and 4 TDs - 15.0 yards per catch.

The "Other" Moss: 19 receptions for 466 yards and 2 TDs - 24.5 yards per catch (although he did get injured today)

After 6 games:

Toevernues Coles: 26 receptions for 289 yards and 1 TD - 11.1 yards per catch.

Chad Johnson: 39 receptions for 561 yards and 5 TDs - 14.4 yards per catch.

Steve Smith: 39 receptions for 596 yards and 7 TDs - 15.3 yards per catch.

As you can see...Santana is right up there with the top dawgs at the position. We've got a true #1 receiver here in DC, and all those who said we didn't, I hope that crow tastes good!

Santana has been great so far but its still early. Now that he has put up these numbers we'll see how he does because defenses will gameplan to stop him. Guys like TO,C.Johnson and Steve Smith don't get much 1 on 1 coverage at all. Teams are gonna start double covering him,bracketing him and rolling safety help bigtime if not he's gonna burn them.

It would have been nice to steal Plexiglass before the GMEN did. We would have been set and had a big physical deep threat next to Moss allowing Patten to play the slot.

with this kind of season going for moss... who knows how long he'll want to stay.. especially if the skins do somthin this year.. i think he'll stay around for more than 3 years..

I think it's way too early to discuss his long term future with the team. But hopefully, he'll be around for many years to come!helmet.gif

Nobody is a skin for life in this day of free agency:doh:

Lavar had the biggest chance and that is out the window

How to turn a thread into a Lavar thread 101 :doh:

Ditto, I wish Moss would be a skin for life but there's no telling, these day's money talks, kind of like how Smoot said he wanted to be a skin for life but then he saw green and his opinions changed real quick, hope hes enjoying the season that his team is having!

I hope we can keep him around, he is really something. He gives 110% blocking and receiving. . . and wow is he FAST. He is so small, though, and I worry he'll get hurt. (knock on wood).

I wouldn't say there are no 'skins for life. Joe Gibbs is one. Chris Samuels is another. There may be others still, Gibbs has only had the team for a year. I think Portis, Cooley, Taylor, Washington, and others will be here for as long as this coaching regime is. I'd say there is a correlation b/w high player turnover and major coaching changes.

Gibbs will be here a while and so will the people he has brought in. He has been dumping some dead weight and bringing in people he likes. Most of the people he likes will be here for as long as he is, I'll bet.

Santana has been great so far but its still early. Now that he has put up these numbers we'll see how he does because defenses will gameplan to stop him. Guys like TO,C.Johnson and Steve Smith don't get much 1 on 1 coverage at all. Teams are gonna start double covering him,bracketing him and rolling safety help bigtime if not he's gonna burn them.

It would have been nice to steal Plexiglass before the GMEN did. We would have been set and had a big physical deep threat next to Moss allowing Patten to play the slot.

We couldn't have afforded both of them. Besides, Burress sucks balls.

Santana Moss is playing great, him and Brunnel have really developed a good chemistry. His big plays will continue to help out Clinton Portis!

how much more can u help him out?? He needs to step it up NOW! no more excuses.

Santana is friggin amazing, teams are gonna have to start game planning and doubling him. Patten needs to step up.

Archived