Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

_____ Cost Us The Game (Fill In The Blank)

Blondie

Core Redskin!? You have to be kidding me. What exactly makes him any more of a core Redskin then the guys on the practice squad? They are both making the same amout of plays.

I know you are in bed with him there Blondie but I did not think that it was literally in bed with him. You are sure showing your blonde roots and blind loyality.

Oh snap....

I agree it was Betts fault that we lost! :laugh:

yep, that's exactly what I said right? I love how some people on here come out and change the meaning of a post around.

It was said to show how much should not touch the ball. Can it be anymore clear?

And you all wonder why Rock recieved his first carries all year only when a player was hurt?

Blondie,

Nobody is turning on Rock. I didn't say cut him. You overreact too much.

Don't get all emotional just because you have a crush on Rock. I'm sure he feels bad, nobody is questioning that. I'm sure the rest of the team feels just as bad for the other turnovers and penalties.

Bottom line is we beat ourselves today yet again. We get to look right in the mirror. KC is definitely a beatable team.

You might not have said cut him, but there is a thread to cut him.

can you please stop defending rock, admit he fumbled when we were in SCORING position instead the cheifs score. That is a 14 point turn around and a huge shift change. so if you could say 1 person cost us the game, I would say rock. :2cents:

I KNOW he fumbled. I understand. I just don't think this one play cost the game.

I gotta agree with that.

I guess I have so many children in my office so much, I see childish remarks and tend to react to them.

If I offeneded you I am so very sorry. Wouldn't want to offend anyone on this board. Y'all know so much about football, I should never question it.

Blondie

Rock Cartwright cost us the game. Take away his fumble and what do you have?

And Brunnel's two fumbles cost us nothing?

And Chris Samuels missed tackles cost us nothing?

And not being able to stop the KC guy from causing tackles cost us nothing?

And the defense errors cost us nothing?

I don't see how people are blaming the refs. I think that all the PI calls against us were definately PI. Marshall was manhandling Gonzo on the pass play down the middle. We actually caught a few breaks with defensive holding calls. Two that I can remember where they showed the replay and I never saw it (could have been called on the wrong person though). The fumble by Portis was a very close call as well. We hurt ourselves with stupid turnovers. It says a lot about how good we are on offense and defense however that we were in that game -3 on the turnover battle.

Still, kinda funny how nearly every loss we have had in the past two years have been the refs fault. There have been games this year where I'm with you guys on the refs, but this game is all on the Skins.

It probably wouldn't be fair to cut him but we did so with Antonio Brown and we need to do it with rock also to get the point across since we have 2 other rb's who can be 3rd string!

Thankfully, the coaches are a little more level-headed than this. They know better than to cut a guy who's a team player, a tireless worker, a special teams demon, and an overall asset, just because of a single mistake in a mistake-filled game.

If I offeneded you I am so very sorry. Wouldn't want to offend anyone on this board. Y'all know so much about football, I should never question it.

Blondie

No, clearly we should be bowing down to your sarcastic and superior tones since your plethora of football knowledge clearly surpasses everyone elses on this board.

You might not have said cut him, but there is a thread to cut him.

I KNOW he fumbled. I understand. I just don't think this one play cost the game.

I guess I have so many children in my office so much, I see childish remarks and tend to react to them.

Blondie

If you KNOW he fumbled but one play didnt cost us the game, why did you start a thread asking us to fill in the blank with the person who cost us a game. You brought this on yourself, so dont call everyone else childish when you get busted by your own thread

Blondie

This is your thread. You started it. It's your job to keep the discussion flowing in an intelligent manner. You haven't done that. So far this thread had been about your blind loyalty to Rock and whoever questions that gets the almighty CAPS.

:sucks:

Sorry blondie, the team blew it, but rock's mistake was easily the most costly in the game. Not only did we miss out on 3-7 points, but we gave them 7. As others have already mentioned, thats a 10-14 point swing. How much did we lose by? 7. Then you respond by saying we marched back down the field and tied it. I really don't see how thats any kind of a response or justification. all that says to me is we woulda been up double digits if rock hadn't fumbled, and we actually would have had a good chance to win the game. You're not gonna win this one. No one hates rock, but of all the people that blew it in this game, he was the main one.

And Brunnel's two fumbles cost us nothing?

And Chris Samuels missed tackles cost us nothing?

And not being able to stop the KC guy from causing tackles cost us nothing?

And the defense errors cost us nothing?

Cartwright's fumble directly GAVE Kansas City 7 points

Thankfully, the coaches are a little more level-headed than this. They know better than to cut a guy who's a team player, a tireless worker, a special teams demon, and an overall asset, just because of a single mistake in a mistake-filled game.
:puke:

Get real, he is a third string RB who plays special teams nothing more and easy to replace.

JARED ALLEN cost us the game! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Yeah, that guy is a monster. Or else our Oline just made him look like a monster. What did he have, 2 forced fumbles, 3 sacks, and a couple more tackles?? Jesus, that man did some damage.

I hate to say the refs cost us the game, but other than the Rock fumble, the biggest momentum shifting play was the Cheifs 4th down conversion. Holmes obviously didn't get anywhere near the first down. The ref's initial spot was well short, and he slowly inched the ball forward until it was about a foot past where it should have been. It was the most blatant ball-spotting error I have ever seen. I was screaming for Joe to challenge the spot...it was awful. Of course if he does challenge, no way the refs overturn the call...bastages.

They didn't score on the drive, but instead of having the ball at KC's 40 yard line to tie it up, we got the ball at our own 15 yard line. That play was huge, and I'm still fuming about it. That call, the 17,000 holds that were not called on KC, the completely bogus roughing call on Marcus Washington and the PI on the Marshall interception. SO bogus.

I'm disgusted. How can we dominate these teams and still lose? And yes, Blondie, Rock contributed to the loss. Of course it wasn't all his fault, but he did contribute. He's got to hold on to the ball. The other thing is we didn't get any bounces...Rock's fumble went right to a KC player, but when Priest Holmes fumbles, it goes right to his own guy...its just bad luck. Maybe ST is hitting guys too hard??? Jesus -- its like a blocked punt every time he forces a fumble.

So everyone calling for Rock's head, :stfu: . Today we got hosed by the refs. I didn't blame last week's loss on the refs, because all calls were questionable. That 4th down spot was ridiculous. That's the bad call of the decade. I can't believe they didn't challenge it.

Posted this on another thread, but seems appropriate and necessary here as well.

Chris Samuels' play cannot be overlooked. He was defintely Allen's bitc* today. I haven't been a big fan of CS for a few seasons now; he's inconsistent. He should be ashamed of his play this afternoon. Once again he has failed to step up to the plate and play at a level that is commensurate with his contract, and his hype. Really hope that Joe Bugel let's him have it. As much as Brunnel was at fault for the first fumble, CS is equally culpable because he just cashes his enormous paychecks and fails to deliver. Allen is a hell of a talent, but supposedly CS is one of the best in the league at his position. Well, I beg to differ. Good offensive linemen play it equal to worthy assignments on the other side of the ball. Freakin loser.

Rock Cartwright. This guy gets an opportunity due to Betts' injury, and just completely blows it. Some "rock" - he cannot even hold on to the f'in ball, and just crumbles. Rock? No, more like a damn pebble. If this coaching staff is going to bench Arrington, then they need to be consistent and bench Cartwright. Unforgivable.

Finally, GW needs to punish the defense this week in practice. Learn how to take the ball away!!! Learn how to freakin' tackle consistently!!! This year's defense resembles Lewis' in that whilst being dominate for most of the game, they are highly susceptible to the big play, the trick play.

This is a team that beats itself, and THAT overshadows any remarkable stat you can point to.

Oh my.

You're back.

I thought you were gone.

Blondie

Get real Blondie. You're fishing for sympathy. As a RB, Rock doesn't cut it. Never has, never will. He has been plugged in many times as a stop gap. Ladell was hurt today. Joe plugged him in and Rock couldn't handle the pressure. I hope JG has learned his lesson.

As I hear it, he is good on STs. If STs is his lot, let him live with it. I don't want to see him in our backfield EVER again. He can't even block on blitze's for Jemoniy Sakes.

Just give it up and let the Rock thing go, d@mn!!

Rock's fumble of course hurt our chances to win, but I see it more as a great defensive play then a bad play by Rock. Few ball carriers are going to hold on to the ball when it gets hit directly by a defenders helmet. I am a Brunell fan, but I have to say his second fumble was 100% his fault because he did not pull the ball into his body after he crossed the line. That was a preventable fumble. Rock's fumble, however, is a little harder to prevent. The only way that you can prevent talented defensive players from making great plays is to keep them off the field.:2cents:

I know it cost 7 points.

BUT WE TIED THE GAME THEN AT 21.

THEN Holmes scored on a god awful long run to get the score to 28-21.

Blondie

Yeah, I'm not sure where everyone is getting this 14 point swing from...while we were pretty much scoring at will, there's still no guarantee that we'd have gotten any points on that drive. And it wasn't all Rock...I mean, there are 10 other guys on the field who can tackle the ball carrier before he scores.

Archived