Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update Request

SonnyRules

Hey members,

I've been in Hawaii the last three weeks and have no clue as to what is going on with the team other than wins and losses.

Would someone please give me a thumbnail sketch of what's been happening with our beloved Skins?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

we shoulda won in Denver, effin tuck rule called back a safety

if you havent heard about the Dallas game, man, it was intense

Seattle game was down to the wire, but we won

I heard something related to Lavar, but I am not sure what...

anyways, yeh, look for the Lavar threads.

Must be nice. 3 weeks in Hawaii. Hmmm. And we should feel sorry for you. Did JRockster at least meet you for a beer ?

SEARCH and you shall find.

Yeah, you should feel my pain.:nutkick:

Being deprieved of watching our team almost :laugh: ruined the whole trip.

Didn't run into JRockster, we were on the island of Kauai.

Thought I had a chance to see the Skins vs. Denver game but that showed the Cowpukes and Eggles.

we shoulda won in Denver, effin tuck rule called back a safety

if you havent heard about the Dallas game, man, it was intense

Seattle game was down to the wire, but we won

I heard something related to Lavar, but I am not sure what...

anyways, yeh, look for the Lavar threads.

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, you should feel my pain.:nutkick:

Being deprieved of watching our team almost :laugh: ruined the whole trip.

Didn't run into JRockster, we were on the island of Kauai.

Thought I had a chance to see the Skins vs. Denver game but that showed the Cowpukes and Eggles.

haha, business trip or vacation ?

Let me tell you if my future wife wanted to go to Hawaii during football season...Nah that wouldnt happen. She wouldnt even suggest it.

We are going in April and I fully expect JRockster to buy me and the Mrs. a shot. :D

There is some news but I would start at Redskins.com and WP. Then come here and look for the many many many threads on thses subjects.

The one thing I can tell you is that this offense is starting to come together and it is exciting watching them dominate. So you missed the Bye, Seattle and the Broncos.

Both games were played well overall. They won one and lost one they should have won.

Not missing much.....

when you left it was Brunell vs Ramsey crap

Now it's Lavar vs Williams vs Coach Gibbs etc.....crap.

There's a Moron thread, which is a good read, but few are taking the moral of the thread to heart.

Redskins lost a game.....Eagles got smacked by Dallas (Dallas fans are reveling).

Lavar civil war continues into another week

Wow...I'll try...

Week 1 vs. Chicago: Patrick Ramsey got hurt in the first quarter on a questionable (clothesline) tackle by Bears LB Lance Briggs. Although Ramsey (and the trainers) said he was healthy enough to go back in, Gibbs chose to let Brunell finish the game. Portis cranked out 121 yards on the ground and Brunell did enough to get as a 9-7 win.

Week 2 vs. Dallas: Gibbs starts Brunell. Redskins do nothing on offense in the first half, go into the lockerroom down 3-0. Dallas hits about a 70-yard flea flicker to open the second half, and I think most of us started thinking "here we go again." Redskins were down 13-0 late in the second half when Brunell got sacked on our 25 yard line or so, bringing up a 3rd and 27. He took off running on 3rd down and picked up 25 yards. 4th and two, he hit Thrash for a 20-yard completion. That drive ended with Santana Moss smoking the Pokes' secondary for the first of two long TDs. Redskins win 14-13 and snap the 10-year losing streak in Dallas.

Week 3: One of the most enjoyable bye weeks EVER! We were in all our glory, celebrating not only the end of the streak, but the heart-stopping way we ripped Dallas' hearts out the way they'd done to us so many times before.

Week 4: Must confess I didn't get to see the Seattle game. I've seen the highlights and read most of what's been discussed on here, but I'll leave this one to someone else.

Week 5: Tough game, marred by bad weather and miserable officiating. A questionable interference call on a touchdown catch by David Patten took away a Redskins touchdown. And Plummer had a fumble, which he dove on in the endzone for a safety, overturned by the "Tuck Rule" on review. Skins played their guts out though. Brunell threw for 322 yards and Portis had a solid game as well. Defense gave up two big runs to Tatum Bell for TDs, both of which could have been saved if not for missed tackles in the backfield. Skins were down 21-13 late, and took over after a punt on our own 6. Drove the length of the field for the touchdown, but the two-point pass was tipped away by Ian Gold.

Though there are many opinions (as you will see) on the board, I think putting Brunell in for Ramsey was the right move. He's played great so far, and has shown the ability to use his legs again when he has to. Heck, late in games he's almost had a John Elway type ability to bring us back. This year's Redskins are NEVER out of a game!

Portis has played very well, but I think we're all still waiting for that big "break out" game. IMHO, Gibbs is still learning how to use him, since he's more used to big, bruising, straight-ahead guys.

Our defense is fantastic. The ONLY problems we've had are getting to the QB and forcing turnovers. Well, and this other little thing.

FORGIVE ME MODS! (This is important if you've missed the entire season!)

Arrington is not playing -- and he's healthy. The coaching staff has said that he hasn't practiced well, and therefore doesn't get to play. Arrington claims no has told him WHY he's not playing. (You can read a lot more about this on the rest of the board.) The good news is, Arrington hasn't really "whined" about the situation, and it doesn't seem to be hurting the team like you might expect.

That's about it in a nutshell. I'll step aside now and let some of the other guys (and gals) give you there :2cents: . Peace.

haha, business trip or vacation ?

Let me tell you if my future wife wanted to go to Hawaii during football season...Nah that wouldnt happen. She wouldnt even suggest it.

We are going in April and I fully expect JRockster to by me and the Mrs. a shot. :D

There is some news but I would start at Redskins.com and WP. Then come here and look for the many many many threads on thses subjects.

The one thing I can tell you is that this offense is starting to come together and it is exciting watching them dominate. So you missed the Bye, Seattle and the Broncos.

Both games were played well overall. They won one and lost one they should have won.

Thanks for the update.

We have been going back every year for the last 19 years...it's our anniversary...I should have been married in June or July. :laugh:

Have you ever been there before. It's great! Let me know before you go and what island you'll be staying and perhaps we could give you some tips. Enjoy!

Wow...I'll try...

Week 1 vs. Chicago: Patrick Ramsey got hurt in the first quarter on a questionable (clothesline) tackle by Bears LB Lance Briggs. Although Ramsey (and the trainers) said he was healthy enough to go back in, Gibbs chose to let Brunell finish the game. Portis cranked out 121 yards on the ground and Brunell did enough to get as a 9-7 win.

Week 2 vs. Dallas: Gibbs starts Brunell. Redskins do nothing on offense in the first half, go into the lockerroom down 3-0. Dallas hits about a 70-yard flea flicker to open the second half, and I think most of us started thinking "here we go again." Redskins were down 13-0 late in the second half when Brunell got sacked on our 25 yard line or so, bringing up a 3rd and 27. He took off running on 3rd down and picked up 25 yards. 4th and two, he hit Thrash for a 20-yard completion. That drive ended with Santana Moss smoking the Pokes' secondary for the first of two long TDs. Redskins win 14-13 and snap the 10-year losing streak in Dallas.

Week 3: One of the most enjoyable bye weeks EVER! We were in all our glory, celebrating not only the end of the streak, but the heart-stopping way we ripped Dallas' hearts out the way they'd done to us so many times before.

Week 4: Must confess I didn't get to see the Seattle game. I've seen the highlights and read most of what's been discussed on here, but I'll leave this one to someone else.

Week 5: Tough game, marred by bad weather and miserable officiating. A questionable interference call on a touchdown catch by David Patten took away a Redskins touchdown. And Plummer had a fumble, which he dove on in the endzone for a safety, overturned by the "Tuck Rule" on review. Skins played their guts out though. Brunell threw for 322 yards and Portis had a solid game as well. Defense gave up two big runs to Tatum Bell for TDs, both of which could have been saved if not for missed tackles in the backfield. Skins were down 21-13 late, and took over after a punt on our own 6. Drove the length of the field for the touchdown, but the two-point pass was tipped away by Ian Gold.

Though there are many opinions (as you will see) on the board, I think putting Brunell in for Ramsey was the right move. He's played great so far, and has shown the ability to use his legs again when he has to. Heck, late in games he's almost had a John Elway type ability to bring us back. This year's Redskins are NEVER out of a game!

Portis has played very well, but I think we're all still waiting for that big "break out" game. IMHO, Gibbs is still learning how to use him, since he's more used to big, bruising, straight-ahead guys.

Our defense is fantastic. The ONLY problems we've had are getting to the QB and forcing turnovers. Well, and this other little thing.

FORGIVE ME MODS! (This is important if you've missed the entire season!)

Arrington is not playing -- and he's healthy. The coaching staff has said that he hasn't practiced well, and therefore doesn't get to play. Arrington claims no has told him WHY he's not playing. (You can read a lot more about this on the rest of the board.) The good news is, Arrington hasn't really "whined" about the situation, and it doesn't seem to be hurting the team like you might expect.

That's about it in a nutshell. I'll step aside now and let some of the other guys (and gals) give you there :2cents: . Peace.

Thanks so much for the insight. I'm starting to get the gist of it.

Thanks for the update.

We have been going back every year for the last 19 years...it's our anniversary...I should have been married in June or July. :laugh:

Have you ever been there before. It's great! Let me know before you go and what island you'll be staying and perhaps we could give you some tips. Enjoy!

Congrats on the 19+ years. That is awesome.

Thats why we are getting married in early April (8th). Wont interfere with any major sporting events. We are going to be in Honolulu on April 9th-16th (I am a city slicker, I cant imagine not being to be able to at least people watch). Staying right on the beach at the hotel where "Dukes" is (Cant remember the name though) right in the middle of things.

Looking forward to a great time. We are going to take an all day trip to the big island and do the tourist thing and see the volcanoes and some other stuff too. We are planning to go back every year as well. But for this trip there will be mostly relaxing.

Any suggestions are welcome. And Thanks.

Congrats on the 19+ years. That is awesome.

Thats why we are getting married in early April (8th). Wont interfere with any major sporting events. We are going to be in Honolulu on April 9th-16th (I am a city slicker, I cant imagine not being to be able to at least people watch). Staying right on the beach at the hotel where "Dukes" is (Cant remember the name though) right in the middle of things.

Looking forward to a great time. We are going to take an all day trip to the big island and do the tourist thing and see the volcanoes and some other stuff too. We are planning to go back every year as well. But for this trip there will be mostly relaxing.

Any suggestions are welcome. And Thanks.

Congrats!!!

We are not very high on Honolulu. Don't get me wrong, it's nice. But we rather stay away from the big city life...hence, not seeing any Redskin games.

You'll expeirence a big change from Honolulu to the Big Island. The volcano expeirence is great. Take the helicopter tour....you'll never forget it.

We like the Kona side of the island. Some good golfing and deep sea fishing.

If you ever get the chance, try the island of Kauai. In our humble opinion, it is the most beautiful island.

Congrats!!!

We are not very high on Honolulu. Don't get me wrong, it's nice. But we rather stay away from the big city life...hence, not seeing any Redskin games.

You'll expeirence a big change from Honolulu to the Big Island. The volcano expeirence is great. Take the helicopter tour....you'll never forget it.

We like the Kona side of the island. Some good golfing and deep sea fishing.

If you ever get the chance, try the island of Kauai. In our humble opinion, it is the most beautiful island.

My only experience on Kauai was after Hurricane Iniki - it was devastated. Unbelievable destruction. When my unit was deployed to help do rescue and cleanup, I wondered if it would ever recover. Apparently, it has. I believe they call Kauia the 'Garden Island' and for a reason - of the bigger islands, its probably the least touched by tourism. Even after getting hammered by Iniki, it was a beautiful place.

Archived