Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

give the ball to portis!

gex

i think a key to us winning would be to give the ball to portis more often! he is averaging 20 carries per game! give him the ball 40 times!!!!!! give him more chances for the big plays!!!! it makes it a bit easier for a defense when brunell has 53 attemts and portis only had 20!!!!!!! :helmet:

Um, the reason he's not getting more carries, and the reason he's not geting more yards, is because our opponents are stacking the line to stop him.

This is also the reason Brunell is looking better. (More guys on the line = more open receivers.)

Right now I suspect the only reason we're bothering to keep handing him the ball is because it forces the opposing defenses into playing predictable.

IMO

The Key to winning is to give the ball to portis more? You say that like we are a losing team. We are 3-1 and playing great. We have the key to winning right now. We have great balance and Mark Brunell should get to pass more because he is performing great.

i think a key to us winning would be to give the ball to portis more often! he is averaging 20 carries per game! give him the ball 40 times!!!!!! give him more chances for the big plays!!!! it makes it a bit easier for a defense when brunell has 53 attemts and portis only had 20!!!!!!! :helmet:

40 times?

That is too much for a running back to handle on a per game basis. He will wear out with that amount of carries. It is NOT the number of carries that hurts the back, it is the number of tacklers who hit him on each carry. Portis is the type of back who can make a game change......and he will have a chance this year to make that happen.

Blondie

Archived