Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins fan in Palo Alto

MTM34001

MTM - If you need a fix, this is the place. Everything you need to know about the Redskins can be found right here. I mean everything.

Welcome to the board, and enjoy your time spent here.

Please take the time to read the rules and regulations and become familiar with the search feature.

I cant help you with the PA situation, but hey.

Again Welcome.

MTM - If you need a fix, this is the place. Everything you need to know about the Redskins can be found right here. I mean everything.

Welcome to the board, and enjoy your time spent here.

Please take the time to read the rules and regulations and become familiar with the search feature.

I cant help you with the PA situation, but hey.

Again Welcome.

Thanks man - I appreciate it!

Hey MTM,

I live in SF and work on Sand Hill, so I know a fair bit about PA. If you are looking for a good place to watch the game, Old Pro is pretty good as is the sports bar next to NOLA on Ramona in downtown PA.

As far as information, no matter where you are, ES is the place.

Well MTM I'm not an east coaster, but am a Die Hard skins fan in the North Bay...

The only way you are going to truly enjoy football is to go get a Direct tv and get the NFL Sunday Ticket (never miss a skins game). If you don't, well we play the niners this season so that will be televised, and of course when were in the playoffs.

Other than that welcome to the site...

Well MTM I'm not an east coaster, but am a Die Hard skins fan in the North Bay...

The only way you are going to truly enjoy football is to go get a Direct tv and get the NFL Sunday Ticket (never miss a skins game). If you don't, well we play the niners this season so that will be televised, and of course when were in the playoffs.

Don't forget that the Raider's game will also be televised. But I agree, NFL Sunday Ticket is the way to go.

Welcome to SF, and GO SKINS!

:D The Oldpro is the way to go. Me and a couple of my Redskins buddies around here go every Sunday to the Oldpro in downtown Palo Alto. There are a fair amount of Skins fans there too. There's no excuse to not see every game this season despite the geographical handicap. There's also another Old Pro on El Camino a bit south of PA right past Page Mill. I sometimes go there too.

That was the first thing I did when me and my wife moved out here! Believe me, I'm so glad I did!!!

So I'm brand new to ES and brand new to Palo Alto from DC. Anyone else out there who can relate to a displaced east coaster out here? I'm totally in need of my daily 'Skins fix and figured this would be a good place!

Awww yay, Mikey's here! :) I'm glad you finally came around. I don't think I could've taken any more griping by Spiff over there ;)

Awww yay, Mikey's here! :) I'm glad you finally came around. I don't think I could've taken any more griping by Spiff over there ;)

Thanks babe!

And he meant well. If you were tired of the griping, imagine me! haha.

Thanks you two - this place is great!

Yo, We moved here to Cupertino Sept o4 and have been Skins fans since the late 60s. We lived in Bethesda for some 37 years.[QAre you in Stanford>? Youd be surprised how many Skins fans are in the area. Went to the San Fran. game last year and the stands were loaded with Skins fans, I was shocked. Welcome to the Left Coast. QUOTE=MTM34001]So I'm brand new to ES and brand new to Palo Alto from DC. Anyone else out there who can relate to a displaced east coaster out here? I'm totally in need of my daily 'Skins fix and figured this would be a good place!

Tell me about it. I live just a little bit out side of LA and there are Raider and Charger fans everywhere. I just recently found a great place to watch the Skins other than at home and even found a couple of fellow fans. Oh well welcome aboard MTM.

I actually had a 49er fan bet me $50 that the 49ers would beat the Skins after the 49ers won in week 1 (against the Lambs)...

Rediculous.

What city outside L.A. are you at and what place do you watch the games? I moved from the Bay area to orange county 4 years ago and haven't seen too many skins fans. When I live in San Jose we used to go to san Jose live on sundays and watch the game before they closed the place.

:welcome:

Just moved out here myself. Without being able to read about the Skins in the paper every day I come to ES to get my info. Great site, nothing is missed. (thanks Bubba and SpanishO)

A little different out here but hey we got In n Out :mmm:

I first moved out to the bay area (Berkeley) in the early nineties (like The Fox, from Bethesda), before the advent of the internet (which has since revolutionized the fan experience), moved back to DC, and again returned to the area (currently in San Mateo). You'll love the weather, scenery, diverse population and laid back attitude out here (pretty much everything except the real estate prices) and as others have posted, there are plenty of means to keep up with the skins on game day (at the old pro (is the dumpy shop on page mill still open?) or sunday ticket) and through the week (right here on ES). The only thing I really miss and can't get is the access to DC-based sports talk radio and the additional local tv shows that focus on the skins. I have resigned myself to tuning into knbr 680 and the ticket 1050, which are okay if you like bay area teams but generally it sucks to keep hearing about them. Generally though, hard core skins fans can be found out here (my buddy and I watch the games together) and you can continue to have a reasonably good fan experience remotely while living in one of the nicest areas of the country.

If you are at stanford it would be best to resign yourself to the inevitable blow out that that cal will lay on you guys in the big game once again for the fourth straight year, and it's not going to stop until there are at least 7 straight. Or we could just call UC Davis to come back and do our dirty work.

I first moved out to the bay area (Berkeley) in the early nineties (like The Fox, from Bethesda), before the advent of the internet (which has since revolutionized the fan experience), moved back to DC, and again returned to the area (currently in San Mateo). You'll love the weather, scenery, diverse population and laid back attitude out here (pretty much everything except the real estate prices) and as others have posted, there are plenty of means to keep up with the skins on game day (at the old pro (is the dumpy shop on page mill still open?) or sunday ticket) and through the week (right here on ES). The only thing I really miss and can't get is the access to DC-based sports talk radio and the additional local tv shows that focus on the skins. I have resigned myself to tuning into knbr 680 and the ticket 1050, which are okay if you like bay area teams but generally it sucks to keep hearing about them. Generally though, hard core skins fans can be found out here (my buddy and I watch the games together) and you can continue to have a reasonably good fan experience remotely while living in one of the nicest areas of the country.

If you are at stanford it would be best to resign yourself to the inevitable blow out that that cal will lay on you guys in the big game once again for the fourth straight year, and it's not going to stop until there are at least 7 straight. Or we could just call UC Davis to come back and do our dirty work.

There is SportsTalk 980 online...

http://www.sportstalk980.com/main.html

I'm not familiar with the radioshows in DC but there may be others. (Doesn't help in the car, I know.)

here are a couple more...

SportsTalk 980 has a pregame show beginning three hours before the game and a postgame show.

http://www.sportstalk980.com/tailgateshow.html'>

http://www.sportstalk980.com/tailgateshow.html

For three hours before every Redskins game, SportsTalk 980's award winning Tailgate Show will give you in-depth Redskins coverage from the stadium, prime interviews, and general football banter.

Also, after every regular season Redskins game, Andy Pollin and Redskins great Joe Jacoby will recap the game on the 5th Quarter Show.

Go here to listen live.... http://www.sportstalk980.com/tailgateshow.html'>

http://www.sportstalk980.com/tailgateshow.html

Guest amaprius
... you can continue to have a reasonably good fan experience remotely while living in one of the nicest areas of the country.

Maybe that is true for you but I am stuck in Daly City....the fog capital of the world......I would not say it is depressing....that would be too nice.

Stay away from northern San Mateo County and anything on the coast.

The peninsula and Frisco are great places for sports bars. You cant go wrong here. Pick your favorite. Expect alot of Forty-whiner and Traitor.... oops....Raider fans.

Archived