Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deep.. Moss and Patten

davidmc005

Brunell needs to give patten and moss a few more tries a game to make a play. brunell showed he can still get the ball downfield. i really feel during a game u need to let your playmakers try and make a play. our recievers are beating db's and were clearly beating denvers db's. i think we need to open up our playbook a little more now that our line is protecting brunell better now. this will also open up our running game more and portis wont have to take a beating like he did last year and so far this year. we need to limit portis's carries somewhat before he gets hurt.

I'm not sure how this relates to what I had said.

Sorry I forgot this is extremeskins.com

Let's break down my quote "PASS INTERFERENCE ON DAVID PATTEN WTF!?!?"

'PASS INTERFERENCE' = a penelty in football called during a passing play where a player not going for the ball impedes another players ability to go for the ball, while the passed football is in the air

'DAVID PATTEN' = WR, or Wide Reciever, for the Redskins

'WTF' = What the ****

'?!?!' = CONFUSED AND ANGRY!

Now this was posted in response to your post regarding something to the effect of 'The redskins are not hitting enough of these deep plays consistently, for whatever reason'.

So:

there was a pass interference call on david patten and i was like 'WHAT THE ****' and I was confused and angry. We seemingly connected on a big play right in front of the officials, yet it was called back.

Perhaps that factors into the 'whatever reason' we aren't hitting big plays.

PS How bout that linebacker tackling Cooley as he tried to catch it? That made me WTF and ROFL also

No need to break down what you said, just why you said it. It seems that you are arguing my point about not connecting on big plays by mentioning a play that was not successful.

It might have been a bad call, but the timing could have had something to do with Patten having to put his arm out to at least give the appearance of interfering.

Brunell needs to give patten and moss a few more tries a game to make a play. brunell showed he can still get the ball downfield. i really feel during a game u need to let your playmakers try and make a play. our recievers are beating db's and were clearly beating denvers db's. i think we need to open up our playbook a little more now that our line is protecting brunell better now. this will also open up our running game more and portis wont have to take a beating like he did last year and so far this year. we need to limit portis's carries somewhat before he gets hurt.

I think we need to throw the football, and we should run it too. We should also play defense.

No need to break down what you said, just why you said it. It seems that you are arguing my point about not connecting on big plays by mentioning a play that was not successful.

It might have been a bad call, but the timing could have had something to do with Patten having to put his arm out to at least give the appearance of interfering.

Sorry, Tuesday mornings after drinking all night monday from a Sunday loss kind of sucks :( Plus I'm trolling other forums so I'm in the irritable state... my apologies.

Regardless, I stil disagree with you on the play. While perhaps Brunell could have thrown the ball earlier, or gotten it there with more 'zip', there is nothing there that would give the appearance of interfering. What Patten did happens on nearly every pass in the NFL that is not perfectly in stride to the Wide Reciever, at least in my opinion.

Even if we say that it did give the appearance of a possible pass interference call, we also have to understand that the Referees are professionals. I don't know why people cut them so much slack; if we ****ed up as often and as badly as officials do, we'd lose our jobs immidietly. The fact remains that the referees are PROFESSIONALS, and they should take pride in making the easy calls 99% of the time. That, was a very very easy call (or non-call). These refs should take a little pride in what they do, for 17 sundays a year.

if we continue running portis like we are he is gonna get hurt like he did last year.. he isnt a jerome bettis

Maybe you missed it, but Portis did get hurt in the game. Why run all the time if Brunel can pass for 300+ yards a game?

brunell's arm still isn't on ramsey's level but he's making up the difference by anticipation. some of his throws have been hanging in the air.

As well as Brunel has played, do we really need to bring Ramsey into this? :doh:

Archived