Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extreme Homer View

Titaw

Will Redskins allow the first 300-yard passing performance of the year this week?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. Will Redskins allow the first 300-yard passing performance of the year this week?

• Yes - It's about time for the air attack to get on track in KC
    • No - Green hasn't passed for 300 yet this year.

I honestly believe that this team has a ligitimate shot at making it to Superbowl XL if we stay healthy. Our offense is improving and our defense is close to last year. Our coaching staff will address the mistakes and the shortcoming of this team thus far and we WILL be a force.

With that said which team in the NFC will be able to beat us when we peak? My thought is not a one. Granted, we will need to stay healthy and continue to win the games we should win and step it up in the games we aren't supposed to win.

I can honestly say that this team has rejuvinated my love for the Redskins. I have always been a Die Hard fan, but the past few years have really tested my love for this team. We have heart, character, drive, talent, and a brilliant coaching staff. I haven't ever seen a team in the times of Richie, Norv, Terry, Marty, and Steve play for 60 minutes and with such emotion. They leave it all out there on the field for us the fans.

It is time for REDSKINS NATION to rise. Get behind this team like never before. Give them your support because they are doing this for all of the right reasons this year. Trust me, this team is headed to Superbowl XL and I am excited!

:point2sky

• 2 months later...

I posted this in October and our team is peaking at the right time. We are going into Tampa as the hottest team in the NFL! Although we are going to need to overcome injuries to the secondary I still feel we have a shot at the Lombardi! Anyone else feel the same?

Right now injuries and lack of homefield advantage are the only thing that might hold us back. Overall we are at least as good as Seattle with all our pieces in place. 10-2 NFC record - we own this conference. Sure Seattle is 10-2 NFC as well but 6 of those wins are against their pathetic division. 5 of our wins were against the NFC East. We dominated Dallas and NY in our home games. Seattle needed miracle endings to win against those teams at their place.

We are NOT healthy. Where have you been. Springs is hurt. Rogers is hurt. Jimoh is hurt. Thompson, one of our best O line players is hurt. And if people think Brunell is not hurt they are not dealing with reality.

But that is the playoffs. Everyone has hurt players. This is where we see who the true warriors are.

We are NOT healthy. Where have you been. Springs is hurt. Rogers is hurt. Jimoh is hurt. Thompson, one of our best O line players is hurt. And if people think Brunell is not hurt they are not dealing with reality.

But that is the playoffs. Everyone has hurt players. This is where we see who the true warriors are.

...Thomas :doh:

Springs will play...guaranteed. I think Rogers will be back as well. But the most important piece is that Taylor will be playing against Tampa. He wasn't in for the first meeting. He will pick off at least one or two of Simms' passes. The key is if the run D can limit Cadillac again...I know he's going to keep one eye on Big Joe the whole time again!! :laugh: I'm a tad worried after Philthy was able to run on our D -- but not that worried. I think Williams will be limited to <70 yards and no scores.

Im with ya brotha, I would rather be a homer and tell these other trolls there gurlz are getting slapped in the mouth then to be a skeered to death weisle then call myself a true fan!!! We have a better chance at hitting the Show then any other team in the NFC.

Not only do we have the best talent in the playoffs, we have the best coaches to run it!!!!

I think that in an NFC playoff field that's so balanced we have some things that can shift the odds in our favor. Aside from having a solid defense that's hit its stride we have a great running game and big play potential in the passing game that compliment each other. Oh yeah, and we have a brilliant defensive schemer in Williams and a head coach who's won 3 super bowls....

My main concern is that it is very, very, very hard to win 6 games in a row, especially 6 _must win_ games. We all saw how flat the team came out against Philly--and you know Gibbs was on them all week about how they couldn't let that happen.

A lot of you posted about how drained you felt after the Philly win. I'm guessing some of the Skins--who were actually out on the field, slamming into other players for hours--are possibly even more drained than you.

We have a strong shot Saturday, but fatigue and a large number of injuries concentrated in one area--the secondary--are cause for worry.

Archived