Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

can we get an actual play by play thread?

sircharlz

This is the first game I haven't been able to watch this year. I'm trying to follow what's going on in the "official game thread", but it's too damn annoying.

Can we get an actual play-by-play thread where only a few people are posting what's happening? This way we won't have to read through miscellaneous comments like "what alien stole brunnells body?". Plus, how many times must people post the same play.

Seriously, what can be done to get a more streamlined thread for actual game coverage?

This is the first game I haven't been able to watch this year. I'm trying to follow what's going on in the "official game thread", but it's too damn annoying.

Can we get an actual play-by-play thread where only a few people are posting what's happening? This way we won't have to read through miscellaneous comments like "what alien stole brunnells body?". Plus, how many times must people post the same play.

Seriously, what can be done to get a more streamlined thread for actual game coverage?

You know what? This has been addressed before. I even had this thread going yesterday. Volunteer needed for today's Play By Play Thread One guy voluntered to do it. Guess what? The guy went offline at 3:52PM today. No one else even bothered to step up & run a play by play thread, so that's why there's not one. If someone wants to fill in now & start one, then by all means do so. Just don't disappear during it as there's still a demand for it & fans are going to be counting on you for it.

You know what? This has been addressed before. I even had this thread going yesterday. Volunteer needed for today's Play By Play Thread One guy voluntered to do it. Guess what? The guy went offline at 3:52PM today. No one else even bothered to step up & run a play by play thread, so that's why there's not one. If someone wants to fill in now & start one, then by all means do so. Just don't disappear during it as there's still a demand for it & fans are going to be counting on you for it.

I wasn't aware..... thanks (for nothing I guess since the dude went off line)

Blondie ---- nfl.com is a little slow, but thanks anyway - enjoy the useless chatter on the "official game thread"

I wasn't aware..... thanks (for nothing I guess since the dude went off line)

Blondie ---- nfl.com is a little slow, but thanks anyway - enjoy the useless chatter on the "official game thread"

The game thread is exactly that. Just like you are at a game.

NO WHERE do we state it is a play by play thread.

It is for the community.

I for one, and many others do NOT think it is useless chatter.

Blondie

Play by play is nice, but Blondie's, ( right now Art's), game thread is where the loud, rowdy, have a good time crowd not only gives out what's going on, but just like a real game, talk things over while watching the game. It's fun. I had the game thread as one of only 3 sources, ( the other 2 were the phone and messenger), of a couple of games last year when weather said I wasn't going down to brother Utah's house to watch. I had no problem keeping up with what was going on. Maybe that's just me. Fun and useless are never used in the same sentence and there is a difference.

Archived