• Long Passing Game
    • Rushing Inside The Tackles
    • Rushing Outside The Tackles
    • Trick Plays
    • Stopping The Run
    • Pressure The QB
    • Turnovers
    • Defend The Pass

Maybe this is against the grain of "smash mouth" in the mud, but I think it could be an advantage for our passing game. Santana Moss not only has speed but can stop and/or change direction on a dime. Whether it's an injured Bailey or one of two rookies playing on a wet field, there could be a bit of hesitation on the part of the cornerbacks covering Moss. A rookie's indecision or a bad hammy in slippery conditions could give Moss a free space or two. And if they double Moss, we still have "Hands" Thrash and Cooley, not to mention the speed of Patten. I'd like to see the passing game open up in the rain. :2cents:

Great! Now the trolls have more to pull outta their arse. Donkey fans: The air is thin, cold, and wet. How can the Redskins compete!" HA! You think Gibbs and the Skins aren't ready? Think again, this plays right into our hands!

I take full responsibility for this forecast. Earlier in the week, there was a 17-year old kid in another thread who asked about the conditions in Denver. I gave him the usual info about the thin air, the fact that Bronco fans are good fans and pretty loud, and concluded by saying something like, "at least it's early in the season, so we shouldn't have to worry about snow."

I agree with SouthernSkinsFan. Moss knows where he's going. DB's don't. I see a sloppy field making his cuts even more dangerous.

And if the game does come down to a late FG in bad weather...IN NOVAK I TRUST!:wavetowel

Maybe this is against the grain of "smash mouth" in the mud

Its exactly the opposite, in the mud, speed is mostly useless as pivoting and making cuts without slipping is very hard. Linemen are effected the least because they kind of sink in and dont slip as often, north-south runners that just have to go 1 direction benefit. A passing game would be hard unless it was alot of underneath stuff to cooley and royal, santana probably wont be too effected by the wet ground, but I wouldnt bet on anything long to him with 25 mph winds.

I take full responsibility for this forecast. Earlier in the week, there was a 17-year old kid in another thread who asked about the conditions in Denver. I gave him the usual info about the thin air, the fact that Bronco fans are good fans and pretty loud, and concluded by saying something like, "at least it's early in the season, so we shouldn't have to worry about snow."

I agree with SouthernSkinsFan. Moss knows where he's going. DB's don't. I see a sloppy field making his cuts even more dangerous.

And if the game does come down to a late FG in bad weather...IN NOVAK I TRUST!:wavetowel

AH HA! I KNEW IT!!! Um could you say something like that so Northern Idaho gets some warm weather? :D

warm weather to help your potatoes? Cause ya know thats all that like 95% of Americans know about Idaho....theres potatoes there.:D

That is the SOUTH!!! :D

Most people don't know, but we are like two different states up here. The Northern area is more of a Mountain area so you can't have large fields up here. We mostly have tourism and lumber. The Southern area is closer to the desert and is a lot flater so it is easier to grow them down there.

Also anything north of the Snake River is on pacific time while anything south is on mountain time.

The reason I want warm weather is you try to get out of bed in the morning when it is freezing. :D

The REAL Forecast from weather.com is...

Kick-Off Forecast for 2:15 PM (Denver time)

Showers

54°F Feels Like:50°F

Probability of Precipitation: 50%

Wind: From the North Northeast at 16 mph

No snow...maybe some light rain.

Let's use real facts before getting carried away.....

yeah, I don't know where this forcast for snow came from, but I just checked weather.com and it's supposed to be in the low 50s with showers. This doesn't really matter either way though because none of the snow was going to stick at 40 degrees anyway. I expect a low scoring game that is decided on ONE BIG PLAY.

That is the SOUTH!!! :D

Most people don't know, but we are like two different states up here. The Northern area is more of a Mountain area so you can't have large fields up here. We mostly have tourism and lumber. The Southern area is closer to the desert and is a lot flater so it is easier to grow them down there.

I'm feelin' ya there. Illinois is two..er...three different states. Everyone either thinks of Chicago or the endless miles of cornfields when down here in Southern IL it's almost all forest and hills. Down here some of our biggest crops are peaches, apples and wine vineyards. The edge of the Ozarks actually run into this area. Chicago is six hours away but Kentucky is just 45 minutes south of me. In the time it takes me to get to Chicago I could be an hour away from the gulf coast. Everytime someone asks where I'm from and I tell them 90% of the time their next response is "Chicago?" :doh: I've been to Chicago once in my life and could care less if I ever see it again.

Back to the weather. It favors no one but is sometimes an equalizer. The 12th man will be the biggest factor. Madden has said before that he feels that rain and wet field favors the passing game because of WRs know thir routes but the DBs are the ones that have to make the unexpected cuts to keep up with the WRs.

Archived