Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mark my words...

F Landry

"He's doing better; he's improving," Williams said. "He has a really good team attitude, and as he improves, he'll play more. Right now, we're playing as well as we can play with the people we are playing and the guys who have put the most time in. There could be a chance [Arrington] might spring out this week."

Mark my words, Arrington will be playing this week, maybe not starting, but he will recieve increased playing time. All you haters will see...

Greg Williams is a defensive genius, when he says there is a chance that LA might spring out this week, I wouldn't take it lightly. I'm pretty sure that he didn't just go right out and say LaVar will be playing this week against the Broncos because he wants to be secretive.

I'm pumped for this game...

:logo:

Nobody hates LA! The so called "haters" feel that the team is playing with chemistry and there is no need for changes. It is clear that LA has not (1) practiced like the coaches want him to play, and (2) has missed a considerable amount of time from his injury which has removed him from learning every aspect of Williams defense. We do not need a player playing defense who does not know where to play; thus, creating opportunities for the opposing teams offense.

The bottom line is that LA needs to practice hard and spend as many nights as it takes to learn this defense. Hell, have the Postons hire a tutor since it ultimately benefits them if he palys well.

Mark my words, Arrington will be playing this week, maybe not starting, but he will recieve increased playing time. All you haters will see...

Greg Williams is a defensive genius, when he says there is a chance that LA might spring out this week, I wouldn't take it lightly. I'm pretty sure that he didn't just go right out and say LaVar will be playing this week against the Broncos because he wants to be secretive.

I feal you baby... UNLEASH THE BEAST ! :evil:

Nobody hates LA! The so called "haters" feel that the team is playing with chemistry and there is no need for changes. It is clear that LA has not (1) practiced like the coaches want him to play, and (2) has missed a considerable amount of time from his injury which has removed him from learning every aspect of Williams defense. We do not need a player playing defense who does not know where to play; thus, creating opportunities for the opposing teams offense.

The bottom line is that LA needs to practice hard and spend as many nights as it takes to learn this defense. Hell, have the Postons hire a tutor since it ultimately benefits them if he palys well.

Don't try to speak reason with morons. Unless you're on LA's jock, you're a "hater". Unless you put him before Joe Gibbs, Greg Williams, and the ENTIRE team, you are a "hater". As someone that actually bought his jersey right before the first game, I can honestly say I hope he makes it back onto the field. However, if him returning to the field could hinder our T-E-A-M, I'd rather he not. Hopefully he's listened to what GW has had to say, and follows through. I'd like to see LA crush somebody again.

Haters?

The only thing I hate, is when we lose. Until the D starts sucking ass, and the team loses games, there is nothing to talk about.

After much discussion with the on-line fans, I would have to say that everyone is right. Joe Gibbs is the best, GW is a top Defensive Coordinator and the skins are 3-0. We should shut and be happy and I really hope the Skins keep winning. I alos want the D to continue its success no matter who is on the field (I live in Eagles country and love giving those fans the business with the Skins in first place).

But I am telling you that the drama is going to go way up - if Denver puts up points with the Skins creating no turnovers and no pressure on the QB, the Lavar questions are going to go through the roof and could de-rail the chemistry of a potentially good Skins the team. You already have an offensive starter and leader (Portis) saying to the press that he can't figure out why Lavar is not on the field. Just wait until something bad happens like the scenario above. God forbid it but if it does don't blame Lavar - remember so far he is not playing.

Ideally - I would like to see Lavar get in there on third and long. Maybe get a big pressure that leads to an int or a sack and fumble. The Skins win, LA now has a role and the team really starts to think they are on a mission and expect to win instead finding ways to lose like the last couple of years.

We will see.

Where the H*LL does this "hater" crap come form. All I have seen on these LA threads are basically the same thing I believe. There is a reason he is not playing. It could not be more obvious. He is not playing because he has not been able to learn the system, which is a MUST in a structured defense like GW's. I, like most of the others expressing this, think LaVar is a TERRIFIC talent, and I could not be more anxious to have him back on the field. But I don't want that to happen until he can play within the system. What I DON'T want to see is for him to come in and have 2-3 sacks, and also be responsible for a couple TD's that cost us the game, just because he blows his assignment on those plays.

Here is what I believe is happening. I think the coaches are allowing the media to run rampant with this story while they are feverishly prepping LA to play as a down lineman, like he did in 2002 when he had 11 sacks. That position has about 1/10 the amount to learn as the OLB position does. I fully expect to see LaVar in for most defensive plays this week (to the surprise of Shannahan), and expect him to wreak havok on the QB and RB's. Stop getting so ridiculously emotional about this. It's all going to work out for the best. LaVar is handling it a ton better than many of you fans. He is a GREAT team player, has always been so, and has a GREAT attitude. He will make an impact this year.

I have been reading and listening all week about this Lavar situation. I am a huge Lavar fan as well, but I dont think the Redskins are looking to trade or release Lavar as the media predicts, if JG will take a 9 million dollar cap hit to let L.C. go why wouldn't he pay Lavar to keep him.

I truly believe Greg Williams is trying to make Lavar better, yes he is a play maker, but we all know Lavar has not played to his ultimate potiential, and if he doesnt start now he may never because L.A. is not getting any younger as the team moves forward. Lavar has to be better than good now (a Ray Lewis type), in order to make us a championship caliber defense, yes our defense is good, but could be a lot better with him on the field, playing within the scheme, and Greg Williams knows that.

I believe he will be getting some P.T. real soon, when Greg Williams unleashes him, and when he plays within the scheme of the defense the mediots will no longer be able to say he is the most over-rated player in the N.F.L. just my 2 cents

I guess this makes me a "hater" now, but if LaVar is struggling with the LB position in this defense, why try to make him learn a new position (DE) too? Doesn't make sense to me. Also, I don't think LaVar is particularly good with his hands shedding blockers. Seems to me we should blitz him from the WLB spot if he's gonna play on passing downs.

I agree he'll be getting some significant PT this week, otherwise Coach Williams would have given one of his non-answers instead of this one. Plus, I suspect that on defense, we'll see him in at LB as well as DE. Otherwise, just seeing him on the field would easily tip the offense to where the rush was coming from. If the Skins D is going to use him, he's going to have to be able to excel at all the tasks he would have lining up at either spot.

So here's to LA sacking Plummer, forcing a fumble, scooping it up and returning it for a touchdown. Skins 27, Broncos 16.

Wow, wow, wow...

You guys misunderstood me totally here...

Sorry if I typed in a way that didn't get my point across...

I was mainly speaking towards the media/people who agreed with the media that LA is just a freelancer, and a greedy guy who won't be playing with us next year.

Calm down boys, I'm with you here.

;)

Ok yes there are LA haters. They dont just think that he shouldnt be starting right now(as I do), they actually want to see him gone, hate him, and ive seen people say would be glad to see him on the eagles or giants. Which is uncalled for.

I think we might see him playing DE on 3rd downs this game. Clemmons did a horrable job of it against Seattle, and really he doesnt need to know much about what hes supposed to do except GET THE QB. Nothing to read, just go for him really.

From what I have seen in all the LA threads is Skins fans feel the same, we want to see LA out there causing turn overs, destroying QBs and creating havoc. Because like everyone else we see that LA is a play maker, a game changer. But as Skins fans we have bought into Gibbs/Williams scheme also. Its about the TEAM winning.

So we will be patient, and we all know when Gibbs and Williams think LA is ready he will be out there. And he will be a more complete Dangerous weapon for it. :point2sky

I guess this makes me a "hater" now, but if LaVar is struggling with the LB position in this defense, why try to make him learn a new position (DE) too? Doesn't make sense to me.

Two reasons:

1. DE in GW's defense has about 1/10 the complexity of the LB positions. It would be easy for him to learn, and he has not been able to learn the LB position requirements in this "D".

2. He basically played the DE position much of 2002, and was VERY successful at it.

PortisFan: np - but even in the media, I did not see LaVar haters. I saw most of them ripping the Skins for not playing him, and just a few showing the reasons he was not playing. But all seemed to accept that the guy has extraordinary talent and value.

Where the H*LL does this "hater" crap come form. All I have seen on these LA threads are basically the same thing I believe. There is a reason he is not playing. It could not be more obvious. He is not playing because he has not been able to learn the system, which is a MUST in a structured defense like GW's. I, like most of the others expressing this, think LaVar is a TERRIFIC talent, and I could not be more anxious to have him back on the field. .

I was unaware that this was a "flaming" issue. What I was saying in my previous post (Number 56) is that I just have a hard time believing that our defense is the best that it can be without Arrignton in there. I don't really buy the "I don't care who is in there as long as we win" arguement, since it is kind of a circular argument. It's kind of like saying "I don't care if my kids live on Twinkies and Kool Aid, as long as they are alive tomorrow." I'm fairly certain that everyone on this board wants the best 'Skins team possible. And, again, I just can't see that being the case as long as we have several rather mediocre linebackers in there. But, as someone else mentioned, I guess we have to trust Gibbs and Williams that they know best - and I admit they have earned the benefit of the doubt so far.

What worries me is this nagging feeling that the 'Skins braintrust is trying to see if they can win without Arrington so as to trade him for a few picks that we gave away last summer. I just hope that doesnt come back to bite us in the ass. If they want to get rid of someone, they need to let Ramsey go for a second or third round pick, since he will never see another play with Washington (barring injury to both Brunnel and Campbell).

Archived