Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prisco's lousy picks

bubba9497

Prisco's Picks: Week 5

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8937542/rss

Chicago Bears at Cleveland Browns: Both of these teams are coming off bye weeks, so they should be refreshed. They're young teams, and it will be interesting to see how they respond to the time off. At home, the Browns have the edge, especially since the Bears are playing with a rookie quarterback. Cleveland 20, Chicago 14.

New Orleans Saints at Green Bay Packers: The Packers are 0-4, and their season is on the line here. But are they good enough to do anything about it? It doesn't look like it. The Saints played well in beating the Bills last week, and they will run it against the Packers with Deuce McAllister. New Orleans 28, Green Bay 20.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New York Jets: The 4-0 Bucs face a face from the past in Vinny Testaverde, who starts at quarterback for the Jets. We get the feeling Testaverde still has something left and can make a few plays in the passing game. The Jets defense is tough, too. The choice here is an upset. New York Jets 21, Tampa Bay 13.

Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams: The Seahawks have to prove to their doubters they can win a game on the road. They lost a tough one at Washington and now must play a key division game away from home. The Rams were awful on defense last week against the Giants, and that has to be fixed to win here. They'll do better this week for their sick coach. St. Louis 28, Seattle 21.

New England Patriots at Atlanta Falcons: By now we've all heard the talk about how the Patriots don't lose back-to-back games. And how Tom Brady has won six straight after a loss. It won't be easy to keep those trends alive, not against an aggressive Atlanta defense, but until proved wrong, there's no way I'm picking against the Pats in this type of situation. New England 30, Atlanta 28.

Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills: The Bills are going to veteran Kelly Holcomb at quarterback to liven up the passing game. That's a good move since their season is still alive. Holcomb will get the ball down the field against the Miami defense. The Dolphins are coming off their bye week feeling pretty good about their 2-1 start. They won't feel that way Sunday night. Buffalo 21, Miami 17.

Baltimore Ravens at Detroit Lions: We have Joey Harrington against Anthony Wright at quarterback. Oh boy. Harrington has struggled in a big way, and Wright is average at best. But at least he doesn't have to face his own defense. Baltimore wins it with a turnover. Baltimore 14, Detroit 10.

Tennessee Titans at Houston Texans: The crummy game of the week features division rivals. The Texans haven't won yet, but this is the kind of spot where they can make that happen. Maybe the offense will actually get cranked up, too. Houston 20, Tennessee 10.

Indianapolis Colts at San Francisco 49ers: This is a major mismatch, one even greater than the 14-point spread. The 49ers have no chance to stop the Colts, so the only thing that holds this number down is if the Colts call off the dogs. Indianapolis 37, San Francisco 13.

Carolina Panthers at Arizona Cardinals: The Panthers are traveling after a Monday night game, usually a tough thing to do. The Cardinals played well last Sunday in Mexico, and the feeling is they keep it going. Arizona 28, Carolina 24.

Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys: This is a second tough road test in a row for the Eagles, who rallied from 18 down to beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead last week. The Cowboys come home after two weeks in California, where they split. Are the Cowboys ready to play with the big boys in the division? Yes, they are. Dallas 24, Philadelphia 21.

Washington Redskins at Denver Broncos: The Broncos are on a roll, having beat up the Chiefs and Jaguars the past couple of weeks. Washington is unbeaten, but they're big dogs here. There's a reason for that. Denver 24, Washington 10.

Cincinnati Bengals at Jacksonville Jaguars: The Jaguars were awful in their home loss last week to the Broncos, so look for them to bounce back with an inspired effort here in their only prime-time game. The Bengals are playing great football, but this is tough spot to stay unbeaten. Jacksonville 21, Cincinnati 14.

Pittsburgh Steelers at San Diego Chargers: The Chargers went to New England last week and showed they can play with the big boys. Now they get another chance, only in prime time. The Steelers are coming off their bye week, but this isn't an easy way to do that. The Chargers are rolling. San Diego 27, Pittsburgh 21.

He picked Dallas over Philly????

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Let's just compare the last few weeks of Dallas and Philly.

Dallas- win a tight game with the 49ers in San Fran (were losing most of the game), lost to the Raiders (close game)

Philly- dismantled the 49ers (at home), won to the Raiders (close game).

Now I know the Boys will be fired up at home, but weren't they fired us to play the Skins in their "homecoming" game in week 2?

No, Eagles win this one-- barring Mcnabb doesn't get carted off the field and TO may dance on the star again :mad:

This guy is full of it. I think the Skins will have a tough time in Denver but there's no way they give up 24 to Plummer and his crew. Aslo, he's got the Saints going to GB and beating the Packers. Now I don't think the Packers are great this year but they did put up a lot of points in the 2nd half against Carolina. I don't think there's anyway the Saints can beat the Pack @ Lambeau. He also has the Jets beating the Bucs. This could happen if the game were being played in week 12 but Vinny's not going to be up to snuff and the Jets were pretty bad against the Ravens last week. I just don't get it.

Is this guy 4real?? Please can SOMEONE tell me what is the love affair with these so CALLED experts alwaysssssss picking Dallas each week? Oh they lose close games that's why they are legit? But we WIN close games and we AREN'T legit? I can't stand these experts...........they need to pull parcells out of they mouth!!

Eagles 24 Dallas 10..........their D is RANKED 24TH.......how the helllllllllllllll do they keep being picked as a legitimate contender???

Prisco's Picks: Week 5

Chicago Bears at Cleveland Browns: Both of these teams are coming off bye weeks, so they should be refreshed. They're young teams, and it will be interesting to see how they respond to the time off. At home, the Browns have the edge, especially since the Bears are playing with a rookie quarterback. Cleveland 20, Chicago 14.

New Orleans Saints at Green Bay Packers: The Packers are 0-4, and their season is on the line here. But are they good enough to do anything about it? It doesn't look like it. The Saints played well in beating the Bills last week, and they will run it against the Packers with Deuce McAllister. New Orleans 28, Green Bay 20.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers at New York Jets: The 4-0 Bucs face a face from the past in Vinny Testaverde, who starts at quarterback for the Jets. We get the feeling Testaverde still has something left and can make a few plays in the passing game. The Jets defense is tough, too. The choice here is an upset. New York Jets 21, Tampa Bay 13.

Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams: The Seahawks have to prove to their doubters they can win a game on the road. They lost a tough one at Washington and now must play a key division game away from home. The Rams were awful on defense last week against the Giants, and that has to be fixed to win here. They'll do better this week for their sick coach. St. Louis 28, Seattle 21.

New England Patriots at Atlanta Falcons: By now we've all heard the talk about how the Patriots don't lose back-to-back games. And how Tom Brady has won six straight after a loss. It won't be easy to keep those trends alive, not against an aggressive Atlanta defense, but until proved wrong, there's no way I'm picking against the Pats in this type of situation. New England 30, Atlanta 28.

Miami Dolphins at Buffalo Bills: The Bills are going to veteran Kelly Holcomb at quarterback to liven up the passing game. That's a good move since their season is still alive. Holcomb will get the ball down the field against the Miami defense. The Dolphins are coming off their bye week feeling pretty good about their 2-1 start. They won't feel that way Sunday night. Buffalo 21, Miami 17.

Baltimore Ravens at Detroit Lions: We have Joey Harrington against Anthony Wright at quarterback. Oh boy. Harrington has struggled in a big way, and Wright is average at best. But at least he doesn't have to face his own defense. Baltimore wins it with a turnover. Baltimore 14, Detroit 10.

Tennessee Titans at Houston Texans: The crummy game of the week features division rivals. The Texans haven't won yet, but this is the kind of spot where they can make that happen. Maybe the offense will actually get cranked up, too. Houston 20, Tennessee 10.

Indianapolis Colts at San Francisco 49ers: This is a major mismatch, one even greater than the 14-point spread. The 49ers have no chance to stop the Colts, so the only thing that holds this number down is if the Colts call off the dogs. Indianapolis 37, San Francisco 13.

Carolina Panthers at Arizona Cardinals: The Panthers are traveling after a Monday night game, usually a tough thing to do. The Cardinals played well last Sunday in Mexico, and the feeling is they keep it going. Arizona 28, Carolina 24.

Philadelphia Eagles at Dallas Cowboys: This is a second tough road test in a row for the Eagles, who rallied from 18 down to beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead last week. The Cowboys come home after two weeks in California, where they split. Are the Cowboys ready to play with the big boys in the division? Yes, they are. Dallas 24, Philadelphia 21.

Washington Redskins at Denver Broncos: The Broncos are on a roll, having beat up the Chiefs and Jaguars the past couple of weeks. Washington is unbeaten, but they're big dogs here. There's a reason for that. Denver 24, Washington 10.

Cincinnati Bengals at Jacksonville Jaguars: The Jaguars were awful in their home loss last week to the Broncos, so look for them to bounce back with an inspired effort here in their only prime-time game. The Bengals are playing great football, but this is tough spot to stay unbeaten. Jacksonville 21, Cincinnati 14.

Pittsburgh Steelers at San Diego Chargers: The Chargers went to New England last week and showed they can play with the big boys. Now they get another chance, only in prime time. The Steelers are coming off their bye week, but this isn't an easy way to do that. The Chargers are rolling. San Diego 27, Pittsburgh 21.

How can this guy continue making a living at this with his horrible track record. I will pick a different winner in 7 of his 14 picks, go with his other 7 picks, and I would BET THE FARM that I get more games right than this guy.

I pick TB, SEA, MIA, TEN, PHI, WAS, CIN to win. He picked them all to lose. I also liked two of his other projected losers, but I just took the 7 I feel the strongest about. Of course, he ALWAYS picks against the Redskins, so he usually will start off 0-1 each week this season...

I couldn't believe some of his picks either. Arizona over Carolina? Dallas over Philly? And he has the Redskins losing by 14. Jake Plummer is a bum. He won't do anything against the 'Skins defense. I pick the Redskins to win. However Denver's D-line (especially, Trevor Pryce) has me a little concerned.

Archived