Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Need help with Smoot Jersey conversion

SkinsFan64

Hey fellow Skins fanatics:

I bought my daughter an authentic jersey last year as a gift and would love to change the name on the back to Taylor for her. I've heard that there are places that make these nameplates but I can't find anything after extensive Google attempts.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

Go skins!

I've asked this question a few times and never gotten a solid answer. I've got a smoot jersey as well. I guess I'll hold on to it just in case he comes back to the skins... yeah right...

Anyone got a good guess at who the next number 11 will be? :laugh:

Change your Ramsey 11 to a Mark Rypien 11 =)

As odd as this may sound, try going to a hockey rink that has a sports shop. They customize a lot of hockey jerseys in there and put the name on the back of them there. I would imagine that they would be able to do it with football jerseys too, it's the same concept. If they can't, they would probably be able to tell you where to go.

As odd as this may sound, try going to a hockey rink that has a sports shop. They customize a lot of hockey jerseys in there and put the name on the back of them there. I would imagine that they would be able to do it with football jerseys too, it's the same concept. If they can't, they would probably be able to tell you where to go.

Thanks SkinzRool - I'll try that out.

FYI - we've already gone the home made alteration route - not pretty!

well, i bought this jersey that had no name on it. I went to a local shirt shop, he said he could print a name on it, but he needs a nameplate to do it on. Basically, rip off the Smoot nameplate (if its authentic, I dunno if its the same as replica nameplates). Then turn it around, or find a fabric and color similar to it, have it sewn on, then go to the shop so they can screen it.

I kinda ditched the idea for mine and just used tape, haha, and ive seen people just use red duct tape.

Duct tape might be fun on a replica, but a retail authentic is too expensive and too good looking to paste duct tape on.

Remove the Smoot nameplate by carefully snipping the threads from the backside. Be patient.

www.authenticlettering.com will sell you the nameplate and the letters that should match exactly your authentic redskins jersey, and the charges are very reasonable. Only problem is, you have to sew the letters to the nameplate yourself, or have them sewn on. To look real, you'd want to sew the letters the normal way, then sew the nameplate to the jersey using the tackle twill technique.

I'd call them rather than order online. Confirm that what they sell you will match perfectly. I'd get a nameplate just slightly larger than the old one to cover any evidence of the old thread marks.

Hope this helps.

Nothing wrong with still sporting the Smoot jersey in my opinion although the duck tape idea is fine for the games.

A couple years ago I bought my 4 year old son his first jersey and had a choice between the 70 year anniversary special with "Bailey" or the regular jersey with #28 "Green".

I elected for "Green" and lucked out.

My Taylor jersey has his old number from last year. Hopefully he stays outta jail and plays well for the Skins.

Duct tape might be fun on a replica, but a retail authentic is too expensive and too good looking to paste duct tape on.

Remove the Smoot nameplate by carefully snipping the threads from the backside. Be patient.

www.authenticlettering.com will sell you the nameplate and the letters that should match exactly your authentic redskins jersey, and the charges are very reasonable. Only problem is, you have to sew the letters to the nameplate yourself, or have them sewn on. To look real, you'd want to sew the letters the normal way, then sew the nameplate to the jersey using the tackle twill technique.

I'd call them rather than order online. Confirm that what they sell you will match perfectly. I'd get a nameplate just slightly larger than the old one to cover any evidence of the old thread marks.

Hope this helps.

interesting... IF anyone tries this, please let me know, i'm interested on how it looks. i might buy an authentic possibly

Archived