Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OU "suicide bomber" bomber linked to islamic terrorist cell?

Sarge

This has been interesting for a number of reasons. It appears that a kid that "committed suicide" last weekend outside the OU football game using a Hamas style bomb belt my have links to a cell of islamists in Oak CIty. It's also interesting how this is being silenced by the government. Very little if any mainstream news. Most news is coming from "right wing sights".

Wonder what's up with this?

http://www.homelandsecurityus.com/

http://jihadwatch.org/

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/124635.php

http://www.normantranscript.com/

From the first site: (my emphasis)

The attempted fertilizer purchase, travel plans, bomb components, and other items - some found and others yet undiscovered - represent the antithesis of ”economic reality” of a financially challenged 21 year-old sometime college student.

So, this web site is going to "make their case" by citing evidence that doesn't exist, yet?

From the first site: (my emphasis)

So, this web site is going to "make their case" by citing evidence that doesn't exist, yet?

The problem is, no one seems willing to want to "make the case". I've read, among other things, that the Federal injunction has been sealed. I've also read a report in the local paper that a couple of days before this happened that a cop heard the kid asking a local store owner about purchasing large quantities of amonium nitrate, a key bomb making ingredient.

I've read some things that make me suspect this isn't just a suicide.

Among other things, how many suicides (as opposed to suicide bombers) kill themselves by wireing their cars with explosives and blowing themselves up at a crowded, public, event?

And the initial wire story said that the bomb squad detonated some explosives. (Which implies that there was supposed to be a bigger bang, perhaps at a more crowded time?)

(OTOH, if he wanted a lot of publicity, then why not at least attempt to "do the deed" inside, during the game, where you can kill more people, and get live TV coverage? Anybody really think a long-standing terrorist cell couldn't manage to get explosives into a college football game?)

As to the lack of coverage, while I could see it being suppressed because it might embarass a certain political party, it's also possible that things are being kept quiet because there's an investigation going on.

I've read some things that make me suspect this isn't just a suicide.

Among other things, how many suicides (as opposed to suicide bombers) kill themselves by wireing their cars with explosives and blowing themselves up at a crowded, public, event?

And the initial wire story said that the bomb squad detonated some explosives. (Which implies that there was supposed to be a bigger bang, perhaps at a more crowded time?)

(OTOH, if he wanted a lot of publicity, then why not at least attempt to "do the deed" inside, during the game, where you can kill more people, and get live TV coverage? Anybody really think a long-standing terrorist cell couldn't manage to get explosives into a college football game?)

As to the lack of coverage, while I could see it being suppressed because it might embarass a certain political party, it's also possible that things are being kept quiet because there's an investigation going on.

There's lots of disturbing thngs about this story, but like I said, it's not being reported. Nor does it appear that anyone of authority is visiting the local mosque where this kid was supposedly seen on several occasions. The same mosque Zacharias Moussaoui attended.

Why isn't this in the news? Afraid we might "offend" someone?

I'm sure it isn't just a suicide. The kid wanted to blow up a bunch of people at the game, but got turned away at the gate because they wouldn't let him in without searching his backpack. Apparently, he was not a long standing member of a terrorist cell. He was a regular engineering student until a couple of month ago, when he suddenly dropped out, moved in with a Pakistani roommate, and stopped associating with anyone except a few people at the mosque.

I think the reason the government is not talking about it is because they are trying to see if they can follow some leads first and maybe nab some people or information. I don't think it is being "silenced," not this soon.

Interesting, however, that some of the right wing sites talking about this are also trying to make the case that Timothy McVeigh was really an Islamicist, not a "militia" nutcase. Haven't seen much evidence to support that claim, but it keeps being made.

I'm sure it isn't just a suicide. The kid wanted to blow up a bunch of people at the game, but got turned away at the gate because they wouldn't let him in without searching his backpack. Apparently, he was not a long standing member of a terrorist cell. He was a regular engineering student until a couple of month ago, when he suddenly dropped out, moved in with a Pakastani roommate, and stopped associating with anyone except a few people at the mosque.

I think the reason the government is not talking about it is because they are trying to see if they can follow some leads first and maybe nab some people or information. I don't think it is being "silenced," not this soon.

Even Barney Fife could find the local mosque

hehe. Ok, then what? You found it.

Then you use the "dreaded" Patriot Act, (you know, the one that everyone claims is so omnipotent and takes away everyone's rights) to round up a few suspects, namely the Pakistani roommate and any of his associates. Put the squeeze on them.

Of course, you can only put so much squeeze on them, because otherwise someone might be accused of torture.

Can't have that, can we? :rolleyes:

No, really, I'm wearing pads under my Cartwright jersey!

While we're on the topic, we learned this week that the cop blocking the road into FedEx Field arrives a tmidnight the night before to secure the field before a game.

And by we, I mean other people from the ExtremeSkins tailgate who got there much earlier than me. :D

Then you use the "dreaded" Patriot Act, (you know, the one that everyone claims is so omnipotent and takes away everyone's rights) to round up a few suspects, namely the Pakistani roommate and any of his associates. Put the squeeze on them.

Of course, you can only put so much squeeze on them, because otherwise someone might be accused of torture.

Can't have that, can we? :rolleyes:

You are assuming too much. Do you know that this is not exactly what they are doing? Do you know where the Pakistani roommate is? I think what you are advocating is exactly what is happening, and explains the law enforcement silence about the case, but you are so caught up in trying to make a point about "political correctness" that the possibility does not occur to you.

I have been following it too,but untill more info and investigation goes on I would not expect any press releases from the goverment.

I am sure they are trying to keep it quiet till more is known for sure,but it sure looks like more than a isolated incident.

Archived