Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is your game day Ritual?

H-O-G

Now that it is Friday, I get really focused and excited about the coming Sunday. What are some of your game day rituals that you do, or where do you go (assuming that you don't go to the game).

I personally, wake up at around 8:00 and turn on ESPN or any NFL primetime shows. Then around 12:00 I'll grab my Clinton Portis jersey and go over to the local sports bar with my buddies and watch the Skins game and eat wings and drink beer all day. Nothing special but I know some of you guys got some cool stuff that you do so lets discuss it..

Man, I'm pretty simple. I just head over to my buddies house who has the NFL package...and watch the games on the bigscreen. I always sport a jersey (either LA or Taylor)...and round up a few pro-lines before the game. Then its pre-game.. early games, some food, and late games. I always watch the Sunday evening game at home!

Man, I'm pretty simple. I just head over to my buddies house who has the NFL package...and watch the games on the bigscreen. I always sport a jersey (either LA or Taylor)...and round up a few pro-lines before the game. Then its pre-game.. early games, some food, and late games. I always watch the Sunday evening game at home!

Pretty cool, Bassically the same thing that I do, except my day is spent at the bar and not a buddies house.

Any more Game Day rituals?

I live way down South in Florida so the only games Televised down here are the, Dolphins, Bucs, and Jaguars. So I never get to see a Redskins game, thats why I got to the Bar with NFL sunday ticket. Its the only way to go

im from the bay area.. i wake up.. call up the niners fans talk **** to them cause i bet them a low 20 dollars who will have the better record when the season is over.. then when we win, i call them upo again,, i talk more ****. and when they lose, talk more ****, now they dotn want to pick up their phones, its become a ritual for them..hmm whats else.. some sundays, go to local sportbars( 4 dollar pinchers) and drink with my friends with my portis jersey on..... did i forget to tell u, im a lazy ass on sunday..if im not at the sports bar, its just me and the remote all day.. now leave me alone. i must watch my football..

9:00 Breakfast with girlfriend at Mr J's Bagels, Harrisonburg VA

(Bacon Egg and Cheese on Whole Wheat bagel w/ coffee.)

10:00 Go for a run at the park to kill time till game starts.

10:30 Pick up six pack of nice beer on the way home. Pref. New Castle.

11:00 Extremeskins

12:30 Couch in Redskins gear, prepping for game

12:31 Mention to girlfriend I should have purchased more beer. Answers with cross look.

1:00 Game time. NFL Sunday Ticket Superfan HD, Sony Wega XBR910 HD TV.

All times subject to change when we play out west.

Ugh...all you bastages that get to wake up at noon suck. I have to wake up at the ass-crack of dawn (6:30am) to go watch my beloved Skins at a Sports bar. I'm hardcore, too, because by 8am I'm ordering pitchers!! Hells yes!!

Yeah.....my heart pours out to you...living in paradise and what not ;)

....my sister, lives in Oahu and they feel your pain! Way to represent!

Church, take the family to eat brunch, sit in front of my 52" HDTV with HD TIVO and log onto Extremeskins. (This is if I do not fly to D.C. and watch at FEDEX) I have actually been to both home games this year. This will be my first Sunday this year watching them on my big screen (not counting the MNF game).

Wake up, around 7:00....drink some coffee....read the paper,(NOT the Post),....log onto Extremeskins...('cept for home games, when I'm in Blue lot #8 nursing a Bloody Mary!)

I actually don't drink much, while watching at home, because I'm so tense. Mrs Skinsfan is just as intense as me...my kids learned a long time ago to vacate the premises during a Skins game as we've embarrassed 'em umpteem times screaming at the TV...you can hear us 5 doors down!

While the game is on, I pace the room, nervously.....nope...Redskins games are not very relaxing at our house....

Wake up don Redskins Hat and Jersey.

Find something to pittle on honeydos until 1 hour before game time.

Check supply of beer,

Check supply of beer,

Check oh did that

Sit

Watch game.

Check supply of beer at halftime.

Sweat it out hoping whatever pitiful points we put on the board will do.

Mine is pretty boring. I tune in to the pregame around 12:30. Grab myself a cup of coffee when the game is about to start. Kick back in the recliner and watch. I don't like to be disturbed during the game...so I was never the type that could go to the sports bar with others. I like to watch the game with the least amount of distractions.

Wake up around 9... read the paper and get on extremeskins. When the ESPN pregame show comes on I watch that. Since my dad gets ansy, he joins me at 12 and we switch to Fox. At around 12:15-12:30 the same crowd that always comes over (crazyjoe92, franchisety11) and a few others come by. 12:30-12:45 we either order pizza, or fried wings with mumble(sp?) sauce. 4 oclock games throw the timing off. Damn the left coast. :laugh:

The times that we actually go to the games we usually arrived at the stadium about an hour before kickoff and went to the seats. That was until we tailgated at the extremeskins tailgate against the seahags. I had so much fun I dont think I can go to another Skins game without tailgating.:cheers:

Lets See, I'll breakdown a NON Home game timeline :

0700: Wake up Check latest fantasy updates on Rotowire. Make Changes if neccessary.

0800: Start soaking hotwings for cooking later. And prepping other food for gametime.

0830: Run to store get anything I'm missing plus a case of bud light

0915: Back, Fire up Sirus radio and listen to tailgate show.

1000: Shower / Get dressed, Typically a 26 Jesey, get my 3 girls up make sure they put on thier jerseys

1030: Cook breafast for family, and some scrapple for me :)

1100: Fire up the 2 T.V's in the garage, 1 37in NEC MULTISYNC Monitor and 1 27Inc Sony put on ESPN.

1105 : Make myself a Bloody Marry

1110-1220 : Watch pregame, get a feel for injuries who's out

1220: Setup 20ft telecope flagpole in driveway with redskins flag.

1235 : Make final fantasy adjustments and place any final bets.

1245: Fire up grill and put on wings...

1250 : Bunch of friends come over

1255: Crack up first of many brews..

1259: Tune the 37in T.V. into game of choice.. Tune the 27in into the redzone channel on DirecTv Superfan (which is awesome btw)

1300-1600 : Watch first games, Cooking / Eating Drinking

1600: Shut down grill make sure all food is up and ready, and then tune big T.V. to redskins game and will tune 27in tv to eagles / cowboys game..

1600-end of game.. Drink / watch skins.

Thats it in a nutshell. A Home game is a whole other story..

Lets See, I'll breakdown a NON Home game timeline :

0700: Wake up Check latest fantasy updates on Rotowire. Make Changes if neccessary.

0800: Start soaking hotwings for cooking later. And prepping other food for gametime.

0830: Run to store get anything I'm missing plus a case of bud light

0915: Back, Fire up Sirus radio and listen to tailgate show.

1000: Shower / Get dressed, Typically a 26 Jesey, get my 3 girls up make sure they put on thier jerseys

1030: Cook breafast for family, and some scrapple for me :)

1100: Fire up the 2 T.V's in the garage, 1 37in NEC MULTISYNC Monitor and 1 27Inc Sony put on ESPN.

1105 : Make myself a Bloody Marry

1110-1220 : Watch pregame, get a feel for injuries who's out

1220: Setup 20ft telecope flagpole in driveway with redskins flag.

1235 : Make final fantasy adjustments and place any final bets.

1245: Fire up grill and put on wings...

1250 : Bunch of friends come over

1255: Crack up first of many brews..

1259: Tune the 37in T.V. into game of choice.. Tune the 27in into the redzone channel on DirecTv Superfan (which is awesome btw)

1300-1600 : Watch first games, Cooking / Eating Drinking

1600: Shut down grill make sure all food is up and ready, and then tune big T.V. to redskins game and will tune 27in tv to eagles / cowboys game..

1600-end of game.. Drink / watch skins.

Thats it in a nutshell. A Home game is a whole other story..

I'm coming to watch a game with this guy! :laugh: :notworthy

This season for the Dallas game my friends and i burned a Cowboys flag and it worked so we are planing to do that every game against them. Other than that nothing special,i cant look at the game at a sports bar because i am one of those fans who gets very upset and emotional, so i just look a at the game at home with other die hard skins fans.:applause:

You guys might find this interesting as I'm in the UK.

I've followed the Skins since 1983... and things have changed on TV here over the years. Sky (cable) bought the rights for sunday games and they show only 1 or 2 games of THEIR choice. So it would be rare to see the skins. So... waste of money. I used to follow it best on the armed forces radio, but the signal is so bad i cant even seem to find it anymore (if anyone reading this in the UK can help me?)... I follow the game on the internet. Theres the time difference too, so its usually 6pm kickoff's for me.

So, i'll get the bud's in and the hot dogs and the popcorn and follow the game (sorry but that my impression from watching TV of what you guys do... ). I rarely wear my shirts as my Bailey one is out of date, obviously, and my Portis one i wore on opening day and we won). I don't like to jinx the team by doing anything weird. I just follow the game and prey. The Dallas monday night game was on live, so at 5.30am when we scored the winner my neighbours thought i was murdering someone i was cheering so much hahaha.

I hate bye weeks cos i just wanna follow the skins, although i do watch other games :)))

COOL!!!

I'm hardcore, too, because by 8am I'm ordering pitchers!! Hells yes!!

Sounds more like an "alcoholic" to me... j/k :)

Get up around whenever.

Check out ExtremeSkins

Watch a a little bit of the pregame shows

Get a shower, put on my 56 jersey

Head over to my brother's house

If the Chiefs are playing on TV (since he is a KC fan), we'll just watch the two games over there. If the Chiefs game isn't being shown on local TV (MNF, Sunday Night Game, etc.), then we'll head over to the a local sports bar and watch the two games there.

I usually would much rather be home watching the games because I get tired of the Giants/Cowboys/Eagles fan always talking smack to me, but it's a nice thing two brother's get to do with each other on Sunday.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

Archived