Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poor turf in Osaka Dome

Larry Brown #43

I heard on the radio last night that the Osaka Dome is actually a baseball stadium, and that its astroturf is atrocious. They compared it to the Vet of a few years ago. As excited about this game as I am, I really have to question the wisdom of participating in it. The players don't seem the slightest bit excited about a 26-hour round trip flight. And if we suffer any significant injuries, I'll be extremely pissed.:gus:

Hell if this is true, then play all the 3rd string. I don't even want the second stringers to play. Let the camp fodder battle it out.

If any of our players get hurt I blame the NFL. They had a year to set this up. They are a billion dollar industry trying to expand into a new market and should have spent whatever it takes to make sure the field is NFL worthy. They should have also hired a caterer to make sure both teams could eat healthy american food and beverages. Why the hell did tyhe Danny except to do this. I think he had his head so far up his arse you could roll him down the street on this one.

Not to worry from what I have seen in these American Bowl, the starter will play the 1st quarter and MAYBE one possession in the second quarter. Then it is off the backups.

I know Sage is suppose to play the whole 1st quarter but I think he will be OK.

Seriously -- I'm pumped to watch the game, but I really don't know what the Redskins get out of this from a competitive standpoint other than an extra week's practice and another game. It's all about money and exposure for the NFL, but that has to be split with everybody else, so what do the Skins get out of it?

I read about a week ago that Spurrier's not very excited about it either, and had strongly hinted that the regulars would be out very early. But if something *does* happen, how do we get paid back. We don't.

Well, the last thing I was worried about was injuries...thank God my boy Ramsey didn't sign yet! Who is the smart one now....huh? I think the NFL needs to ban artificial turf in this country and abroad. NO NFL PLAYERS SHOULD BE SUBJECTED TO ARTIFICIAL TURF. Everybody agree?

Originally posted by Reagan

Lavar already got a toe injury last night. They say it's minor, but I'm still pissed. Glad we play on grass at FedEx field.

AH SH*T! Here we go! Another year full of injuries. :doh:

Just before the beginning of the game we all need to do a lucky indian dance! Just be sure to do the right one, or else it'll rain in your living rooms! :jump:

Archived