Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quincy Carter has banner day in evening practice

goldenster95

Hey Riggodrill, great points and insight on that last post.

Like many have already said, i'm not going to talk a lot of smack about beating Dallas. But, the first thing that spot on QC struggling made me think about was the way that Marvin Lewis will come after him. he's going to throw tons of different blitzing packages at him, with plenty of movement and shifting. I envision QC having his worst games against the Skins this year.

But, of course, i said that last year too

Although im a Skins fans. I dont read too much in training camp. Thats what theyre there for to make mistakes and learn from them. Matthews had the same horrible camp. Lets not get to caught up in the media hype. They have nothing else to write about. They like to get us geeks all riled during this time of the year.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by goldenster95

From the Dallas Morning News . . .

Quarterback Quincy Carter had a horrible practice Tuesday night as the Cowboys defense threw some aggressive blitzing schemes at him. He failed to hit the hot receiver or find the safety valve on most occasions, and even threw a pass directly into the arms of defensive end Peppi Zellner on one play. Several other times, his passes were errant. How bad did it eventually get? Some fans inside the Alamodome started to boo him.

? ? ?

The sequence on one of the 11-on-11 drills:

Play 1: Quincy Carter pass intercepted by Peppi Zellner

Play 2: Hand off to Emmitt Smith

Play 3: Carter completes short pass in left flat to Joey Galloway

Play 4: Carter rolls right, has his pass tipped by linebacker Kevin Hardy, incomplete

Play 5: Carter throws pass into ground to avoid heavy pressure

Play 6: Carter throws ball away with safety Roy Williams in his face

Play 7: Pitch right to Smith

Play 8: Chad Hutchinson slips while dropping back, throws incomplete

Play 9: Hutchinson hits quick pass to James Whalen in right flat

Play 10: Smith handoff, runs off right tackle

Play 11: Pitch left to Troy Hambrick

Play 12: Safety Pat Dennis blitz stops Smith in the backfield

[img[http://165.1.59.193/Previews/Mini/{2290EF5F-7737-4825-95F0-06C578E5AA1A}.pobj.MINI.jpg[/img]

Does this gut wonder look like a prototype QB, and I'm a Cowboy fan.

In 5 years we'll have to roll him out in a lazyboy.

who's bashing Carter?

he is a second year player trying to improve on a rookie campaign where he made mistakes, had some injury problems and showed a good downfield arm when given time to throw.

that makes him a HOPE for the future for the Cowboys.

but I am not about to say that one offseason is going to vault him to McNabb status as a playmaker at the qb position quite yet.

there is just as much of a chance the opener in September will show the Redskins starting qb (Matthews?) being a productive starter in an offense he is familiar with.

in the same vein as Rich Gannon and Tom Brady, Matthews may succeed in getting the Skins to a winning record (SB is still doubtful) with only a decent arm.

if he limits mistakes and throws 60% completions that will be enough to give Davis room to run at the line and the offense will be able to score points.

let's face it, the Redskins don't have to produce that much more offense for it to be a VAST improvement over what we saw in 2001 with Tony Banks under Marty's tutelage :)

Originally posted by dan454

It doesn't matter what Quincy Carter is doing right now. By the time the Cowboys play the Redskins, Chad Hutchinson will be the starting QB on his way to an Offensive Rookie of the Year Award.

hey idiot,

We haven't seen you around our parts lately. I thought you stated Chad Hutchinson would be starting in the season opener.

Hehehe that's a good one.

You are the reason most objective football people think Cowboy fans are stupid. You actually think a QB who hasn't played competitive football in 4.5 years can come back and in his first season win Offensive Rookie of the year Award.

Stop digging in your nose, it's depleting whats left of your brain cells

:shootinth

Originally posted by bulldog

who's bashing Carter?

he is a second year player trying to improve on a rookie campaign where he made mistakes, had some injury problems and showed a good downfield arm when given time to throw.

that makes him a HOPE for the future for the Cowboys.

but I am not about to say that one offseason is going to vault him to McNabb status as a playmaker at the qb position quite yet.

there is just as much of a chance the opener in September will show the Redskins starting qb (Matthews?) being a productive starter in an offense he is familiar with.

in the same vein as Rich Gannon and Tom Brady, Matthews may succeed in getting the Skins to a winning record (SB is still doubtful) with only a decent arm.

if he limits mistakes and throws 60% completions that will be enough to give Davis room to run at the line and the offense will be able to score points.

let's face it, the Redskins don't have to produce that much more offense for it to be a VAST improvement over what we saw in 2001 with Tony Banks under Marty's tutelage :)

:notworthy

I've been on the Cowboys forum the whole time QCard. I actually made a post today about Hard Knocks. I am just using a different name until the season starts.

I said C-Hutch will be starting by week 9. Check with DallasEast, I'm sure he has that post on file somewhere.

Quarterback Quincy Carter had a horrible practice Tuesday night as the Cowboys defense threw some aggressive blitzing schemes at him. He failed to hit the hot receiver or find the safety valve on most occasions, and even threw a pass directly into the arms of defensive end Peppi Zellner on one play. Several other times, his passes were errant. How bad did it eventually get? Some fans inside the Alamodome started to boo him.

I don't expect success out of that loser!! :puke:

Originally posted by dan454

I've been on the Cowboys forum the whole time QCard. I actually made a post today about Hard Knocks. I am just using a different name until the season starts.

I said C-Hutch will be starting by week 9. Check with DallasEast, I'm sure he has that post on file somewhere.

Thats cool!!!.

dan454:

You may say you are a Cowboy fan but you're NOT. How can you wish misfortune on anyone of the Cowboys? I'm not sold on Q or Hutch - but whichever one is under center, I will root for. For you do to anything else is ridiculous. And it proves you are not a true fan. You probably rooted for Hogeboom over White too. What's next? Hambrick over Emmitt? Coslet over Campo? Whatever.

Notice the Skins fans on this board aren't bashing their own QB's. They are all waiting and rooting for the best man to win the job. That is what being a fan is all about.

Stop giving all the TRUE Cowboy fans a bad name.:doh:

Lets be honest here. If you look at the stats that Erwin blasted PCS about, they actually tell the tale of the tape.

We have not been able to put Dallas in a position where the QB was forced to win the game through the air. The last time we did it, we gave Troy all the chances in the world on opening day in 99 by having 3 out of the 4 starting DBs go out with dehydration. Troy ate us up and further solidified himself even at this point in his career that he could win a game by himself.

Wright had the running game in the 1st game vs us and it wasn't put on his shoulders to try and make something happen.

Carter in the second game had a powerful running game and mistake by our #1 corner and the game wasn't forced onto his shoulders to win.

To top it off, both games were pathetic for our offense.

We did not force the rookie QBs to beat us. We couldn't stop the run. So it played perfectly into the hands of the Cowgirls. The QBs had to simply make sure and not lose the game and any production from them was considered a bonus.

We now have made the moves we needed to in order to stop a powerful running game. We have added a big run stuffing DT and more importantly, we have added the one thing that Emmitt has never seen from us in his entire career. We added Trotter, a true MLB at 260 who loves to stuff runners at the line and keep them from big gains.

We were always one of the better pass defense teams in the league with our secondary. We added not 1, not 2 but 3 powerful players to help us stop the run. Trotter, Armstead, and Gardener will improve our run D almost 100 %. Trotter being the main focal point in accomplishing that task. In turn, we also have put in a legitimate pass rushing scheme with with our front 7.

With a great coach knowing how to use these players and putting them in a position to succeed, I suspect we will get the true colors of Q Carter, Hutchinson or whoever else is on the field when the game starts come down to the end and it is placed in their hands to win the game.

We won't even get into what will happen to the Cowgirls if our offense only improves 25% from last year.

The Cowgirls game can't get here soon enough.

You may say you are a Cowboy fan but you're NOT. How can you wish misfortune on anyone of the Cowboys? I'm not sold on Q or Hutch - but whichever one is under center, I will root for. For you do to anything else is ridiculous. And it proves you are not a true fan. You probably rooted for Hogeboom over White too. What's next? Hambrick over Emmitt? Coslet over Campo? Whatever.

amsterdamgator reincarnated as a 'Pokes fan. :gus:

Utah, the simple truth is the Cowboys won those games before the teams took the field.

Norv's teams simply didn't believe they were the better team and there were more than a few of those contests where the Cowboys simply outworked and outhustled the Skins as well.

that in a nutshell is how Norv's teams played in 7 years. timid, lacking in self-confidence and unable to overcome even the slightest adversity.

last year, the Redskins weren't even a functioning NFL team until a quarter of the season was over. :mad:

while no one doubts the Packers were a good team last year, does anyone really believe they were 37-0 better than Washington with the Redskins actually showing up for the game?

I agree that last year you can look at Lang playing DT and saying he had a mismatch with Allen & Co. and that's why Smith got all those yards.

But in the years before that we had the 310 pound Stubby and 320 pound Wilky playing inside and they fared just as poorly against Dallas despite the hype surrounding their arrival in Washington.

bulldog, not sure how Norv got into this conversation about Carter and the other QBs of the Cowboys. But let me remind you that Norv is the last coach we had who beat the Cowboys. I am sure there is a reason for that and you'll let me know but anyway....

With the tackles in Stubby and Big Daddy, you missed my point. We finally have the one thing our run defense has not had since 91. We have a MLB who can stuff a whole and make a play in the middle of the pile. Patton was close, but we had no DTs to help him. When we got DTs we had no LBs. Either way, we finally have someone to stack vs Allen and Co and should be excited.

DTs are nothing if you have no MLB who can pile things up or finish things off in the second or two you have to make a play before the HB blows threw the line into the secondary.

If you have a QB who is weak in the passing game, you force that issue and make him win the game that way. We never put either QB for the Cowgirls last year in that spot. Now, we at least appear to have put the right people in the right spot.

The thing about the second Dallas game that should come into play this year is that after Dallas opened up whipping us by running the ball, Marty took a quarter to adjust and finally decided to sell out and stop, or at least slow, the run.

The Cowboys had eight first downs rushing in the first quarter of the second game. They had four the rest of the game on the ground. We had to commit eight and nine guys and eventually Champ lost feel and got beat in the passing game, but, we did improve in that game.

This year we can honestly hope we can stop any running game with just the front seven and be capable of playing a more base defense. But, if we need to bring bodies in, we have more and better bodies to use :).

Hey guys, if you are interested in talking some trash with some dumbass cowpie fans, check out this club. I posted in there about QC's impressive practice, and nobody will respond, instead they delete my posts and refuse to respond. It's like they are just trying to sweep it under the carpet and hope QC will be ok for the season. If he's struggling against his own D, wait til he has Arrington, Trotter and Armstead up in his face.

Check these losers out, if you can stand the ads on yahoo that is, these cowpies are too dumb to move to real board!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dallascowboyfanclub/

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

Wow, Joe. Nice picture...or is that a link? Or did your illegitimate child come in and start banging on the keyboard? Damn, I can't tell.

No orange POS ******** fan, your crappy forum fvcks up with a url with more than one period in it, wow cowboy forums don't do that?

This forum must be a female thing?

My question is, which Cowboys QB's career is next to be axed by an Arrington pass rush?

Let's just "X" out the name on the back of Carter's Jersey, use a big marker, scribble in "Aikman", draw a big bullseye around it and yell "Come on Arrington...go get 'im boy! Go get 'im!!" That's a good boy!

*throws large raw T'Bone steak to Arrington and pats his head*

For the record, Arrington didn't end Troy's career. It ended when all his concussions started adding up. That was a vicious hit (and clean) but the problem wasn't with hits like that. It was with someone simply hitting Troy and a concussion resulting. But even afetr Arrington's hit, Troy wanted to play but Jerry let him go.

But please, stop bringing that up. I know it's the only highlight you've managed in the last 4+ years against Dallas but until Lavar is wearing 3 superbowl rings, he isn't fit to be mentioned in the same sentence.

And for mattya$$neck: Q had one bad practice, So what? He's had at least 5 very good practices. And so what you say? You're right. Let's wait to trash him or hail him until the real bullets start flying.

Archived