Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Daniel Snyder fan?

Orangeskin has hit it on the head! Dan Snyder has made mistakes in the past with Norv and Marty, but the third time is the charm! He got it just right with Spurrier.

He reminds me of a young Jack Kent Cooke....he is only in his 30s and is still finding his way! Give him a chance....like Jack Kent Cooke he will do anything it takes to make the Washington Redskins a winner! Can you imagine if Jack Kent Cooke's son still ran the show? We would be the Cincinnati Bengals of the East.

But, we are not....Snyder had very little to work with when he arrived, because we had no leadership ever since the Squire passed away! The Club Med attitude is gone. Winning is once again expected!

With Norv....the mantra was, "well we played our butts off, but we have to execute bettera and make plays." No, really? What an embarrassment! The ex-owner put up with this behavior! Next time you get mad at Snyder you can think to yourself that at least John Kent Cooke is no longer running the team.

Do you know who Snyder reminds me of? George Steinbrenner! And considering I'm a Yankees fan and I love the way Steinbrenner loves to win, I actually would say Snyder isn't such a bad guy. I can't completely like him because he is the owner of the enemy. I do like his desire to win like Steinbrenner. In 10 or 20 years, there may be a lot more comparisons made between the two.

Originally posted by marhobo

I think it's been publicly recognized that the majority of major sport franchise owners are losing money. Therefore it begs the question as to why anyone would want to own a team under such conditions. Answer: They love the sport. I believe you're speculating here. Probably impossible to prove one way or the other..okay?

Turmoil? Is this your first year as a "Skins" fan? Or have you forgotten the screaming match between "The Dan" and Norv. Or maybe firing Norv. Or maybe settling for Robiskie after being turned down by Rhodes. How about forcing Brad Johnson out of town. Or maybe the fiasco of the 2000 salary cap. Do you remember who our starting QB was last year? And why? You're just goading me on...right?

no this is not my first year as a "Skins" fan... and no i have not forgotten the 2000 season... but, honestly, get over it... can u honestly say that if u were owner, that u would not have screamed at Norv too? lol i mean c'mon... i would bet $$$ that Snyder is not the only owner in the NFL to yell at his coach at a given time... BUT, unfortunately for him and for us, the media got a hold of it and it was blown way out of proportion... and yes, that WAS blown WAY out of proportion... Snyder and Turner were a forced marriage that didn't work out... so, yes he fired Norv... was he really wrong in making that move? and with 3 games left in the season, what's wrong with hiring Robiskie? i think we all found out Rhodes was overrated and Robiskie was a player-favorite... he prolly wasn't head-coach material, but he was a good fit for that time... what else are u gonna do with 3 games left? and who really forced Brad Johnson out of town? Marty DID have total control last year and made his choice to go with George... yes, i am sure Snyder favored George as well, but the decision was left up to Marty... and on top of that, Brad was a free agent... we didn't have the salary cap space to re-sign him anyways... and even though i'd take him anyday over Jeff George, i didn't really see Brad light it up in Tampa last year... now we didn't have the salary cap space to sign Brad or anyone else last year because of poor decisions... yes, Snyder contributed greatly to that, but out of all your "negative" things about Snyder, this would be the only one i can actually agree with... he made a mistake in 2000... has he done it since? like i pointed out, the Skins have had one of the lowest payrolls in the NFL the last 2 season, so how can u not say he's improved? everyone makes mistakes, but it's how u learn from your mistakes that determines your character... u might not like him, but i would take Daniel Snyder as the owner of my team anyday over any other owner in sports... he has heart and he has a willingness to win, and u can't argue with that...

Originally posted by indyskinsfan

Well now you started this thread and it 's can of worms.

First your education.

I am a Washington Redskins Fan. Love em, bleed it!

Second I am NOT a Dan Snyder fan, and yet I don't harbor ill will or otherwise at him, but I can list a sh**load of em, I like better. period.

Now from what I wrote, I see no reason to misunderstand a single thing about this team.

There are fans that loved the Skins when they came from Boston after having their name changed from Braves and eventually started the RFK Legacy and what has now become Redskins Football. For which owner in that was your favorite?

I think it's fine to enjoy the life you're in, and that's a good thing, but please understand it's not just about him, as owners, no matter how much they love a team will up and move it.

That's ok for you, but I just don't get into the fanship of owners like I do foottball teams.

It's like this. Dan's the owner, Spurrier (Ball Coach) and Lewis (Ball Buster) are the top dogs afterwards and I am just a football team fan. :)

maybe it's me, but i don't understand from your post why u DON'T like Snyder... no i was not alive during the 1930's, but from what i have read and caught up on my history, the Skins had very little fan support in Boston... it was a baseball town and it always has been... i don't see anything wrong with Marshall moving the team to DC, especially back then when NFL teams moving to new cities was very common... i HIGHLY doubt the Redskins will ever move from Washington, and being the HUGE fan Snyder is, why would he ever want to move them? i don't exactly get your point... and like u, i too am a football team fan, but Daniel Snyder is the owner of 'our' football team so he will have my support 100%...

SEE YOU DID EXACTLY LIKE I FIGURED YOU DO>

REREAD WHAT I WROTE.

Just because I am NOT a fan, doesn't mean I don't like him.

You immediately stereotype me man and you can't go around doing that, just because no one will eat your cake! Stop it!

I like Sam Shade, personally, as a fan individually of him, no. Somehow, you have got to see that not applauding everything someone does, is not immediately a love or a hate!

REREAD WHAT I WROTE.

You immediately stereotype me man and you can't go around doing that, just because no one will eat your cake! Stop it!

I like Sam Shade, personally, as a fan individually of him, no. Somehow, you have got to see that not applauding everything someone does, is not immediately a love or a hate!

replace 'fan' with 'supporter'

didn't mean to make the ? so difficult to understand...

I agree with you IndySkins Fan,

You do not need to worry. You have my respect! Remember a fan stands for "fanatic" not supporter! Just because you are not a fan of Snyder does not mean you do not support him. The newcomer needs to get a dictionary and lay off one of the great ones in this forum. :notworthy

Originally posted by Hoosierskin

I agree with you IndySkins Fan,

You do not need to worry. You have my respect! Remember a fan stands for "fanatic" not supporter! Just because you are not a fan of Snyder does not mean you do not support him. The newcomer needs to get a dictionary and lay off one of the great ones in this forum. :notworthy

lol that's funny... who exactly am i supposed to 'lay off' of... we were having a friendly debate, i see nothing wrong with that... am i not entitled to my opinion because i'm "new to the board"... pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... over 50 people understood exactly what i was asking so if u didn't, i could really care less... not trying to start a fight, but as the looks of your post, that's what u were intending on doing... i believe we are all Skins fans here which pretty much makes us all 'great ones'... thanks for your input... it was greatly appreciated...

• 5 weeks later...

I like Danny Corleone.

He always seems to make an offer you cant refuse.

His determination to have the best franchise and his money is no obstacle attitude is something to admire.

Now imagine if John Cooke was still in charge of the skins. :puke:

:gus:

The team is in great hands with Danny

Geez, how did I miss this thread the first time around ? Count my vote as a fan of the Danny also.

My favorite Snyder moment so far was when he first bought the team and made a comment to the effect that any players that were lard arses might as well get moving. I think he understood early on the corrosive effect of Norv's club med camp/practice atmosphere and the message to the players was crystal clear.

i go on record as supporting DS. (except for the deion fiasco) he inherited norv and all the foolishness that came with that. i grew up with JKC though and noone will ever replace him as the redskins owner for me. maybe snyder can fill in for him though;)

It really irks me when I see all the Snyder bashing. Yes, initially, I think he made some knee jerk decisions and probably would admit that if he had the chance to do them all over again I'm sure some of them would not have been done. But who among us can say that they have never done something they later realized was a mistake. I don't recall Jerry (plastic surgery) Jones being bashed this badly when he first took over the Pukes and unceremoniously dumped Tom Landry. Give the guy a break, he's human, he does make mistakes from time to time, he's rich and he's a fellow Skins fan. I can't for the life of me figure out why people hate the Skins so much. What have they done that is so terribly wrong especially when you compare them to badboy teams like the Raiders. Could it be jealousy?

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

Do you know who Snyder reminds me of? George Steinbrenner! And considering I'm a Yankees fan and I love the way Steinbrenner loves to win, I actually would say Snyder isn't such a bad guy. I can't completely like him because he is the owner of the enemy. I do like his desire to win like Steinbrenner. In 10 or 20 years, there may be a lot more comparisons made between the two.

Tom if Snyder can lead us to 5 superbowl appearances in 6 years with 4 wins. I will fall madly in love with him.:laugh: :laugh: :cheers: :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

I like his ideas about winning. I would like to see him think about the future a little more and I think with the exception of the first year, he has been doing a good job. I like the fact he isn't afraid to spend money on coaches. :high:

• 3 months later...

REREAD WHAT I WROTE.

==============================================

ya he tried the same thing to me a couple of days ago INDY.this character thinks he's ART or OM in his writing style.he's got some learning to do yet.

Originally posted by wayne

ya he tried the same thing to me a couple of days ago INDY.this character thinks he's ART or OM in his writing style.he's got some learning to do yet.

are you kidding?

i log in for the first time all weekend and see my post from *AUGUST* at the top of the board...

you have serious issues... i had forgotten all about our "disagreement" from Friday... and now i'm some "character" who thinks he's Art or Om? the only "character" i think i am is THiTo48... this topic between myself and indyskinsfan took place 4 months ago... if you needed help in the thread we were discussing Friday, i'm sure you could have found something a little bit more recent to assist you...

the bottom line is you are a joke... i'm glad i have made such an impact in your miserable "I Hate Daniel Snyder" life... but please, stay off my balls and let it go...

Count me as a Dan Synder disliker. He has done a lot to destroy a once proud tradition. His big name free agent splurge of 2000 was a disaster. He charges the highest ticket prices for a mediocre to poor product. He has turned going into a Redskins game into one huge commercial (I don't know of any other stadiums that constantly run commercials on the telescreen - you see more commercials than game replays it seems). He charges a whopping $25 to park at the stadium - you used to be able to park at Landover Mall for free, but when he found out he was losing $$$, he quickly closed that loophole. Because of his ego, he has, in essence, installed himself as the general manager of this team with no NFL experience.

Having said that, I believe Synder wants to win. I think he needs to realize that the best chance of building a winning franchise lies in his stepping back and letting knowledgeable NFL personnel make the decisions that matter. There is hope for Danny Boy, if he sets his ego aside.

the topic that just won't die.

Signing Jansen really boosted Snyder in my eyes, but I will never feel totally comfortable with the front office the way it is currently configured. I believe that ultimately, you need one man (a football man) calling the shots.

I don't believe in doing things by committee, I believe in allowing for different points of view, but ultimately, I think you need one vision with a clearly defined direction, clearly defined accountability and a front office that has the courage of its convictions. I don't think you can get that as effectively when you have a committee type approach. Even if a move or two doesn't pan out the way one had envisioned, if you have one man in charge the team will be less likely to stray from its overall blueprint and I think thats very important. There are many ways to win in the NFL, there is no single philosophy, but you do have to have that philosophy clearly defined and be willing to stick it out, I think a committee approach is counter-productive in this area.

It's too early to tell. We've had nothing but change since he took over, and despite arguably good personell moves, we haven't won a damn thing. Wins and losses is really all that matters, and let's not forget that he INHERITED that 1999 team that went to the playoffs, and we haven't been above .500 since. This year we won't even reach .500. While I personally place the majority of the blame on Snyder for the constant changes we've endured, I think he has the potential to be a great owner if he learns to place a premium on stabilty, cohesion and continuity. Hopefully he will!

Originally posted by Larry Brown #43

let's not forget that he INHERITED that 1999 team that went to the playoffs

I think that's really only partly true. Much as I disliked Casserly, he did leave the team in good shape, both cap-wise, and in particular, with a good # of 1st rounders despite blowing 3 good picks on Bread Johnson.

However, the front office rebuilt the left side of the line, which was in shambles (and had been for several years); and signed Larry Centers, who was a perfect fit for Norv's offense. They also brought in Arnsparger, who turned the defense around from the laughingstock it had been at the beginning of the year to the solid force it became by the end.

I guess I'm old school, being a fan sice 1972, but I am not fond of what Danny Boy has done so far, From getting rid of many of the front office people to changing the name of the stadium. There are many other things he has done in his short tenure as the Skins owner that support my opinion. Only time will tell if he will indeed be a great owner but IMHO he has not done so yet. I feel, and so do many others(maybe not on this board), that Snyder puts business ahead of Redskin tradition.

Archived