Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Daniel Snyder fan?

i know a lot of people out there like to criticize Daniel Snyder, but i am a BIG supporter of our teams owner... i think he takes a lot of unfair criticism and a lot of unfair blame... the man has done many great things for this team, but people always seem to look at the negative sides first...

Snyder is a fan of the Redskins just like me, just like u, and just like any other human across the world that grew up rooting for and loving the Washington Redskins... his dream when he was younger was to own this team and not only did he fulfill his dream, but he tries more than anything to make them live up to their tradition... yet, because he doesn't make the right decision every time, he gets criticized for trying... he only wants the best for the Skins and does everything within his power to make them the best...

he has turned the Skins into the richest team in football, even ahead of the hated-Cowboys... he's made Fed-Ex Field a GREAT place to watch football in and he's brought in many players and coaches over his few years here that make football exciting to watch... they might not have succeeded, but why should he get criticized for trying?

Snyder always states a quote when talking about how he is viewed and it's very true...

"perception is not reality"

how much better could u explain him other than these 4 words... i really think people don't give him a fair chance... i would LOVE to see him win a superbowl and prove all his doubters wrong... he's done so many great things for this organization that i am sure a LOT of teams wish could be done for them... yes, maybe he started out a little too ****y or a little too agressive, but he has learned from his mistakes and improves in his decision-making each year... everyone has critics, but it seems he has more... all he wants to do is win and yet, he gets bashed for that... he made a mistake in 2000 with the record payroll he set, but look at the last 2 seasons - the Skins have had one of the lowest payrolls in the NFL... and even in 2000, was it really that bad? i'll admit, as i'm sure most people will, that he overspent, but c'mon he only wants to win... he'll do whatever it takes to win and as Redskins fans, we should support him 100%... we should admire his passion for the Skins just like our own passion for the Skins...

i think Daniel Snyder is the best thing to happen to the Redskins in a long time... nobody is perfect, but i think Snyder is doing a damn good job...

You didn't put a 'too early to say' vote. With only yes or no to choose, I'll say yes. I'm a fan of anyone who bleeds burgundy and gold.

But he's certainly not perfect, and he's still got a lot of learning to do.

Ditto TH. I have felt that way about Snyder from Day 1. There is certainly a learning curve with owners just like with any other profession. It seems like things may be beginning to even out with him. I have always liked his passion and knowing that he will do whatever it takes to bring the title back to DC.

i think everyone has learning to do... owners are no different than players when it comes to that regard, but at least he is making an effort... he is one of the few owners in this league that actually have a passion for football, instead of only worried about the $$$ part... i am sure he has a lot supporters, but it seems he is the blunt of many jokes and he is very often criticized by people who are ignorant and only believe what the media tells them... i love ESPN but they have a serious problem against Snyder... not sure what it is, but it's really unfair... and i know a lot of Skins fan that do not like what he's done to the team... i don't get it, not at all...

Count me as a fan. The Danny has made his share of mistakes (some would say more than his share) but he seems to learn from every stumble. What can you say about a guy who is such a fan that he became a billionare and bought the team? Any other owner would have caved in and subjected his fans to several more years of Martyball. Snyder said the hell with the money, lets get SOS and build the team we want. That took guts.

If the skins do as well as I think they will from now on, I'm getting a custom jersy with Snyders name on it!

Originally posted by THiTo48

i think everyone has learning to do... owners are no different than players when it comes to that regard, but at least he is making an effort... he is one of the few owners in this league that actually have a passion for football, instead of only worried about the $$$ part... i am sure he has a lot supporters, but it seems he is the blunt of many jokes and he is very often criticized by people who are ignorant and only believe what the media tells them... i love ESPN but they have a serious problem against Snyder... not sure what it is, but it's really unfair... and i know a lot of Skins fan that do not like what he's done to the team... i don't get it, not at all...

Well, I'm not a big fan of being the team everyone loves to hate, and that's on Snyder. Sure if we start winning, that won't really matter ... but we have to actually start winning then, don't we? Like I said, I like the guy for his passion, but we are a despised team that isn't even that good. :doh:

Originally posted by Henry

Well, I'm not a big fan of being the team everyone loves to hate, and that's on Snyder. Sure if we start winning, that won't really matter ... but we have to actually start winning then, don't we? Like I said, I like the guy for his passion, but we are a despised team that isn't even that good. :doh:

haha... i love being a fan of a team everyone loves to hate... ooooo it makes it so much more fun... proving people wrong makes me happy... :D

but why is it Snyder gets the blame for people hating the Skins?

proving people wrong makes me happy...

Me too, but like I said, we haven't actually done that yet.

but why is it Snyder gets the blame for people hating the Skins?

I refuse to get into a Snyder-bashing rant. I DID say I was a fan of his.

I will simply say we only became the league's whipping boy after Snyder took over. Are you saying he's not the reason?

Originally posted by Henry

Me too, but like I said, we haven't actually done that yet.

I refuse to get into a Snyder-bashing rant. I DID say I was a fan of his.

I will simply say we only became the league's whipping boy after Snyder took over. Are you saying he's not the reason?

nope... i would agree Snyder is the reason... but i don't agree with it... that's why i asked why... i think people outside the Redskins see Snyder for what the media portrays and for some reason, the media hates him... it's unfair and not realisitic... but i can live with that... what gets me is the Skins fans that hate Snyder... now, that's where i get frustrated...

i like danny boy. he's a passionate fan who's learning the ropes of the owners business. he's made mistakes, but he's learning from them (see the post article about us being at $50 million instead of $100 million). if this were 2000 again, sammie "fat" adams would already be here and so would gardner, cris carter, willie jackson, ricky williams, and every other high profile FA. while waiting for a OG is maddening, i believe in the skins' controlled aggression.

Been a fan of Danny Corleone since day one and when I saw that guy on the street bashing Snyder I knew I was right when I told the radio guys he is one of the capo swilling, fair weather, 90's sports spectactor without a clue.

There are fans and there are spectators

Maybe I'm just an old horse that won't drink the water, but I would really like to see a plan of attack that is followed out. Seems that every year this team is going in a new direction. Learning curve? Even an old fool like me learned a thing or two from JKC. Seems than anyone claiming to be a die-hard fan would have done the same. When I finally see some stability in the front office I'll change my tune.

Originally posted by marhobo

All owners want to win. Pick a sport...it's all the same. They are all fans of the game or they would never have gotten into it to begin with. But that's a nice excuse for the termoil we've seen.

sorry, but i disagree... a lot of owners are in it for the $$$ and could care less what a team does... and what turmoil have we seen?

Originally posted by THiTo48

sorry, but i disagree... a lot of owners are in it for the $$$ and could care less what a team does... and what turmoil have we seen?

I think it's been publicly recognized that the majority of major sport franchise owners are losing money. Therefore it begs the question as to why anyone would want to own a team under such conditions. Answer: They love the sport. I believe you're speculating here. Probably impossible to prove one way or the other..okay?

Turmoil? Is this your first year as a "Skins" fan? Or have you forgotten the screaming match between "The Dan" and Norv. Or maybe firing Norv. Or maybe settling for Robiskie after being turned down by Rhodes. How about forcing Brad Johnson out of town. Or maybe the fiasco of the 2000 salary cap. Do you remember who our starting QB was last year? And why? You're just goading me on...right?

Kind of a mixed bag here. Danny is not the type of guy I like or admire. He's self indulgent, appears to treat his common workers like chattle, and probably suffers from a variation of the "little man's desease". Of course none of these traits disqualify him as a "good" owner for the Skins. JKC was an egomaniac but was a great steward for the franchise. I believe the same applies to Danny. His passion for the team, desire to win, and the ability to learn from his mistakes will reap long term benefits. I truly believe the fans are fortunate to have the him as the owner of the Skins....despite the potential pulsations of his jerk gland.

TCO..hee hee. I myself suffer from having only one brain cell..half of which is used for bodily fuctions. Consequently, when I think I wet my pants. It's a disgusting situation I would gladly trade for the little man's desease. ;)

Well now you started this thread and it 's can of worms.

First your education.

I am a Washington Redskins Fan. Love em, bleed it!

Second I am NOT a Dan Snyder fan, and yet I don't harbor ill will or otherwise at him, but I can list a sh**load of em, I like better. period.

Now from what I wrote, I see no reason to misunderstand a single thing about this team.

There are fans that loved the Skins when they came from Boston after having their name changed from Braves and eventually started the RFK Legacy and what has now become Redskins Football. For which owner in that was your favorite?

I think it's fine to enjoy the life you're in, and that's a good thing, but please understand it's not just about him, as owners, no matter how much they love a team will up and move it.

That's ok for you, but I just don't get into the fanship of owners like I do foottball teams.

It's like this. Dan's the owner, Spurrier (Ball Coach) and Lewis (Ball Buster) are the top dogs afterwards and I am just a football team fan. :)

Archived