Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Die Hard

Sept. 9: Dan Snyder

Dan, I realize your a true Redskins fan however, what are the chances you sell the Redskins and is there any way possible we could hopefully see a change in ownership with in the near future?
"You are an ox...AND A MORON!"
I would hope your smart enough to realize I am not the only skins fan that wants a change in ownership.

Question for Mr. Snyder:

Have you had any conversation with John Kent Cooke since you've purchased the team? Would you ever invite him to your box to watch a game?

Mr. Snyder:

The stadium experience seems to be on alot of peoples minds here. I hope that you will answer all the great questions on the Jumbotron, Commericails, Preseason ticket prices, and a general view of many that the game experience is to commercial.. All I want is Iced tea, Lemonade, and better food selections at the club level. Maybe have the Hooter girls deliver these items to my seats. Call them the Redskin hostesses.

Danny,

I love the skins!

I wish that the stadium experience would be more" skin loving" rather

than corporate loving!

Would you consider allowing skins fans to have

and environment like for ex. in oakland's black hole?

Our boys deserve for our fans to be into the game!

We hear too many commercials and this causes

our fans to "GET OUT" of the game. Also, the announcer needs some work!

Let us have homefield advantage again...

Experience what you use to as a kid in RFK!

Mr. Snyder,

Does the Redskins organization know the location of the 1942 Ed Thorp trophy? It sure would be nice to have all five championship trophies together at Redskins Park.

Mr. Snyder can we use your helicopter to fly people back and forth to their parking lots since the lots are so far away? I mean we may win some games in the fourth quarter with fans in the stands, instead of them spending 7 years in Tibet to get to their cars. Last week I gave the parking lot attendent my left hand and my first born for the opportunity to park miles away from the stadium. I'm willing to give you both of my legs for the use of your helicopter. If I use your helicopter then technically I won't need my legs.

Thank You Mr. Synder!

Dear Mr. Snyder,

Your business prowess is well evidenced by the fact that the Redskins organization continues to be the most financially successful team in the NFL. This is a tribute to your business skills and equally important, the loyalty of the Redskin fan base.

I have been a dyed in the wool 'Skins fan for more that 35 years; I reside in Eagles territory; I pay way more than face value for tickets to see a game (thank God for Directv) and I ,as well as other loyals are frustrated. Although the team remains unproven with respect to it's ability to compete in the NFC east, you have recently expressed business interest in the 6 Flags Theme Park. Shouldn't your immediate energies be focused upon the creation of a winning theme at Redskins Park? I realize that you are a business man and obviously see capitalist opportunity at 6 Flags. But, how long do you really believe that the 'Skins fan base will remain loyal to an enterprise that is league reknown for charging admission to training camp, being the doormat of the NFC east, forcing credit card choices upon loyals, filling the hearts of fans with empty promises lavishly wrapped in the lingering contracts of superstars of days long past? How much more money do you need; are a few million incremental dollars worth jeopardizing the success of this franchise by the distractions caused by yet another business venture? Or perhaps you have truely handed the reigns of the operation over to your subordinates. Who's in charge and who's the last man to leave a sinking ship?

Mr. Snyder, thank you for taking the time to answer our questions.

My question:

Your tenure as owner of the Redskins has been a bit tumultuous at best. When you look back at all the things that you have been through as an owner and a fan (I think a lot of people forget that you're a fan of the team as well), what have you learned over the years and how do these learning experiences affect your present day dealings with the team, fans, etc.?

Thanks,

Joe

Mr. Snyder,

I am a lifetime Redskins fan, and I love your passion for this team. I know you are trying your best to create a product that every redskin fan can be proud of.

My question has two parts. First involves the current traffic and parking issues at the stadium. What are the plans to extend the metro to Fedex Field? or is there a new proposal we have not heard about. The current condition(driving to Landover station and being bused to the stadium) is long and cumbersome.

My second question involves the volume of the PA system. I sit in section 426, directly under the PA system, and I can't talk to the person next to me between plays, because the volume is so loud. Could you please have them tone it down a bit?

Thanks you for taking my questions, and Hail to the Redskins!!!

Mr. Snyder,

Has the relationship between yourself and Lavar been restored since the resolution to the contract dispute? Was the willingness to give Lavar something from the deal you and Coach Gibbs' way of making sure he knows he's still a valued Redskin?

Dear Mr Snyder,

I took my wife to a game last night. While I love the Redskins, I don't think I'd like to endure that awful journey through $25 parking, standing room on a bus packed tighter than sardines, (which btw is extremely dangerous!) music and commericials so loud it made the experiance miserable. Many fans aren't getting involved with the game. They are busy running around trying to find a bathroom without an hour line, or a short line for some $9 burnt chicken and fries. Drunk people staggering up and down the stadium steps through the entire game blocking many fans view. Ticket scalpers shouting in your faces the entire walk to the stadium, and just as many opposing teams fans as ours.

What my question to you Mr. Snyder, is why should I ever come back, or encourage anyone I know to have a visit? I'll always be a fan, but I don't have to spend my money at Fedex Field.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but there ar lots of pages:

To Snyder:

Fans get upset seeing so many dallas, philly, and pittsburgh fans in FedEx field. Do you think there is anything to be done to reclaim our home field? Do you think you could institute an official ticket buy-back program that gives preference to people on the season ticket waiting list? (or perhaps to extremeskins posters with over say, 3000 posts?)

Snyder-

With the release of the superbowl compilations of DVD, I was wondering when are we going to see the Redskins past seasons on DVD. Something like a 6 disc set with a couple good games on each disc, you could even get in touch with some of the players or coaches that played the game, and get them to do new commentary about their own play. There is money to be made, and you know us Redskins fans would love it.

Mr. Snyder

You are the owner of a team that breaks the record for attendance every year, and you have a waiting list of thousands. You have the ability to raise ticket prices to more than double than what they are now and still sell out, what keeps you from doing that?

Mr. Snyder,

You are a player for the Redskins..

QB / RB / WR?

CB / LB / Safety

Nose Guard?

Are you the prime three or a Grind it out wear em down?

Mr. Snyder.

Thank you for rehiring Coach Gibbs last year. What improvements have you noticed in both the front office and on personel since Coach Gibbs was hired? What improvements from year one and year two have you noticed?

Mr. Snyder,

With rumors that the NFL is interested in either brining in a franchise or creating a new team for the LA market, are you in favor of more NFL expansion and are you worried that continual expansion will over saturate the NFL market?

Mr. Snyder,

How can the Redskins stop outside "journalists" like Len Pasquarelly from continuing to badmouth and mock the redskins every chance they get? Have the Redskins sent a message to espn with respect to a printed comment of refferring to the Redskins as "deadskins" by the aforementioned writer?

Dear Mr. Synder! first of all I want to commend you on what you done for the Hurricane Katrina relief fund,It shows that you are a big time person , as much as you are an owner.I have two Questions,First have you and Coach Gibbs thought of who will succeed Coach Gibbs after his 5yrs ? is Gregg Williams a strong Canidate? and Secondly I worked for the Washington Bullets from 84 to 87,While I think you were with the Capitals,and My Dream also was to be part of the Redskin Organization. As was your's, I'm just wondering if you can help me make that dream come true?

Mr. Snyder,

Continuity is so important in the NFL these days. Successful organizations like the Steelers, Patriots, Eagles, etc., all have a common formula. They have coaching staffs that have been in place for several years and they stick to a plan each offseason.

Since you've been owner of the Redskins, you seem to bring a different approach each offseason, a different plan, new coaches, new players, etc.

With Joe Gibbs back in the mix, is this a sign that the Redskins are looking to establish the same sense of continuity and consistency that winning teams like the Steelers, Patriots and Eagles all have?

Thank you for taking my question, Mr. Snyder.

What's it going to take for you to hire an experienced personnel director like a Scott Pioli in New England? Our recent drafts haven't been all that great and it seems like we're signing "stars" instead of necessary parts.

Mr. Snyder, Laveranues Coles has said that you tried to blackball him. First off, did you really tell him you were going to buy him a TV because that's the only way he'd see the games? (I thought that was kinda funny actually) and second, any hard feelings with Laveranues?

Mr. Snyder, as a die-hard 'Skins fan living in upstate NY, I'm very disappointed that the Redskins-Cowboys game won't be seen here until the conclusion of the Giants-Saints game. Any chance you could pull some strings and help us out? ;)