Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sept. 9: Dan Snyder

Die Hard

The Dan Snyder Chat has concluded.

We'd like to thank Dan for his time and all the ExtremeSkins fans who cared enough to ask questions. We were unable to get to everyone's questions, unfortunately. We tried to consolidate where we could and focus on the theme areas. We received a message during that chat that a couple of Coles questions came up. We're sorry we didn't get to them but we'll try to get those answers another time.

Thanks all.

Extremeskins Staff

September 9, 2005 -- Extremeskins at Redskins.com fan chat with owner Dan Snyder.

From ES Staff

Can you talk to us about the acquisition of Extremeskins.com by the Redskins? What does the team hope to accomplish by partnering with a fan site like ours?

Dan Snyder

Unlike most teams that do chats and forums, we wanted there to be a bit more independence. So we brought them in to be affiliated, but with independent thoughts. The guys that run it are outstanding and are the types of people we believe to be the future.

From ES Staff

Two questions we’ve asked Vinny Cerrato and Karl Swanson in previous chats we’d like to ask you as well. First, why no general manager?

Dan Snyder

Many teams in the NFL are structured similar to us, with the head coach having the full authority to make the personnel decisions in every single area. Its Coach Gibbs team and I think he's doing an unbelievable job on the roster, building the roster and building the depth. It's a shame because people look purely at our 6-10 record last year and they don't look at our off-season acquisitions last year and this year. If you do, I think you can see quite clearly that we are building a solid team very quickly.

From ES Staff

Can you describe as precisely as you can your role in personnel decisions?

Dan Snyder

My role is to sign the check, pay whatever is required for players to end up on the best side of getting a deal done for the sake of the organization.

From SkinsForLife260

My question is about the stadium specifically. I think it’s a huge and beautiful place. I understand that you have already put millions into more seats and clubs levels. I was just wondering about your ideas for a new jumbotron? I understand it’s very expensive but if you were going to make any more improvements I was wondering what you were considering?

Dan Snyder

We've looked at it and thought about it hard. We've asked our architects to come up with something for the future because we recognized that what was installed when the stadium was built prior to my ownership was an analog system. By the way, because it is an analog system we have a hard time showing replays because we have to manually roll back the videotape, unlike today’s digital systems where you push two buttons and have a replay. Now I see these big beautiful digital systems, high-definition systems, in the newest stadiums and we surely want that for the future. We're looking hard at making something like that happen. It’s a shame that some of the local media, who know this to be the case, try to create a negative story out of replays when they know it’s because of the existing analog system.

From SkinsForLife260

On a different note I am a hardworking teenager growing up in Montgomery county just like you did, with also a passion for the skins. After a couple months of work I saved enough to buy season tickets! I bought the tickets on Ebay for over face value. If I wish to sell the other ticket off for the difference in face value and what I paid for would I get in trouble?

Dan Snyder

We have no problem at all with people doing what they do on eBay or in the classified sections. What we have a hard time with is the mass scalping rings that have gone on. We think it's a shame when somebody has had 50 or 100 tickets they have no intention of using themselves. It's not in the best interests of our fan base.

From JeffSchmeff

In the past you've said in interviews that you are striving for the best fan experience possible at Fed Ex Field. What do you say to the people who complain about the obnoxiously loud commercials that pretty much kill any atmosphere? What happened to the band playing during television timeouts?

Dan Snyder

I think we're always open to suggestions and highly recommend people contact Scott Edwards or Mike Dillow, who are in charge of the game day experience. I too sometimes find there are too many commercials and too much noise, not only in our stadium, but all stadiums. From that regard, we're always committed to working hard to make it better.

From RedskinsDave and RebelYell

We have tried for years to get more port-a-johns in the green parking lots especially. Is there anything that can be done to improve the tailgating experience by adding more facilities of this sort to shorten lines for the fans out there?

Dan Snyder

Consider it done. In the future, send an email to Mike Dillow at the stadium and I guarantee we will fix it.

From themurf

What do you have to do to shed the scouting report that says you're a troublesome billionaire owner that has done nothing but hurt the team since you became owner?

Dan Snyder

The team needs to win and then all of the sudden people will feel differently.

From portisizzle

I would like to know what your thoughts are regarding pressure from outside groups to change the Redskins team name?

Dan Snyder

I think clearly people should look at the history of the name and what it means and what it means to Redskins fans. They'll be delighted with the truth because the truth is on our side.

From Extremeskins Community

Has to be asked … gas or charcoal?

Dan Snyder

Charcoal.

ES Staff Note: This was the right answer. :applause:

From Warhead36

Have any interests in purchasing any of the other Pro Sports Franchises in Washington?

Dan Snyder

Yes.

From Warhead36

The Nationals could use an owner with your financial depth?

Dan Snyder

Right now we felt that it was best not to move forward on the Nationals, but we are obviously fans of all of our teams here in Washington.

From DB44

My question has two parts. First involves the current traffic and parking issues at the stadium. What are the plans to extend the metro to Fedex Field? Or is there a new proposal we have not heard about. The current condition (driving to Landover station and being bused to the stadium) is long and cumbersome.

Dan Snyder

The metro was extended at the end of last year to Morgan Boulevard, less than a mile walk from the stadium. More and more people are using it and I hope more and more will join them.

From DB44

My second question involves the volume of the PA system. I sit in section 426, directly under the PA system, and I can't talk to the person next to me between plays, because the volume is so loud. Could you please have them tone it down a bit?

Dan Snyder

Contact Mike Dillow at the stadium and we will do our best to fix it. But as I mentioned before, we are looking at upgrading all of the old analog systems because they are hard to balance. It is too loud in some areas, and not loud enough in others.

From Arsenic

If Greg Williams gets any head coaching jobs offered to him next year, do you think we will still be able to somehow persuade him to stay?

Dan Snyder

I hope Gregg Williams and all the rest of the coaches stay with us for many many years. We hope to have them here for a very long time.

From Tommy-the-Greek

How long were you lurking on Extremeskins and what was/is your user name if you are a member?

Dan Snyder

I don't post, but from time to time I too look at what the sentiment is out there. I share many of the same thoughts as the rest of our fans.

From Monkart

Many fans here on ExtremeSkins and everywhere else believe that the media (many outlets) are not very Redskin friendly, also some of them vote the HOF's in. Do you as a fan think today’s HOF voters are giving yesterday's Redskins great Art Monk a raw deal?

Dan Snyder

While I think in general the media intentions are to be fair, I find myself and the rest of us here at Redskins Park wondering who are these unidentified sources and why are they so inaccurate? It is our suspicion that many of them are made up. I would encourage the local media to follow the example of the national outlets like USAToday which refuses to use unidentified sources. Most obviously have personal agendas. As to Art Monk, he absolutely belongs in the Hall of Fame. He is a Hall of Fame player. Has been a Hall of Fame player and needs to be in the Hall of Fame. When I was at Canton just last year I talked to the Hall of Fame members and personally lobbied for Art.

From Reaganaut

In the last Super Bowl year with Joe Gibbs as coach the Skins played Atlanta. Deion Sanders taunted the crowd and earned some animosity from Skins fans. He then went to San Francisco and Dallas and did not redeem himself in the eyes of many Skins fans. As a Skins fan yourself, why did you not share in the animosity against Deion Sanders shared by many fans and instead went out and signed him?

Dan Snyder

Well, sometimes you make mistakes.

From Bang

In the days before you bought the team, who was your favorite all time Redskins player?

Dan Snyder

I'm a big fan of Pat Fischer. Obviously Doug Williams, Sonny Jurgensen. All the Redskins greats and the future greats with us now.

From SkinsandTerps

What changes do you expect in the future as far as the CBA and Salary Cap?

Dan Snyder

We'll wait and see.

From PleaseBlitz

Any advice for college-age and young professionals who want to make a career out of their passion for football? How did the people that work for you and for the NFL get into it (besides being able to run a 4.4 40, i personally cant do that)? It seems that besides the 53 man roster, coaching staff, and practice squad, you must have hundreds of people working in marketing, finance, legal, etc capacities. Where do you find these people, and what do you look for?

Dan Snyder

I look for sheer drive and energy and not necessarily the best resume, but the person with the most energy and the most desire and the most commitment.

From stevea

I was able to attend 5 home games these last two years -- 4 of which the players credited as being the loudest and most helpful (not a coincidence!). But I've sworn off because your staff does not let fans see many replays. FedEx would be a great stadium if it were not for that critical flaw. I assure you that the "fans" who watch the commercials and pay attention to the announcer are not the ones who scream their lungs out to support their team. Are you willing to change policy to vastly improve this feature?

Dan Snyder

We need a new system. As I said before, we're looking hard at that because the system we inherited is analog. It's something we're all frustrated by.

From TheDane

There's no doubt that you have made the Redskins franchise successful in financial terms: top revenue earner, most profitable, strong merchandise sales, etc. It's clear that your business acumen has translated from direct marketing to managing a football franchise.

However, the question still remains whether or not you will see success in the win-loss column as an owner. What has been the most challenging change for you from managing a corporation to managing the Washington Redskins?

Dan Snyder

The inaccuracies in the media. The portrayal of people and the use of the coaches, the players and the owners to sell their newspapers. It's a shame that with newspapers in a mass circulation decline the public has to pay the price of unethical behavior as the papers try to attract readers to stop the slide in readership and circulation.

From BG

Do you think some of the hostility you have encountered through the media is due to the fact that you are one of the youngest owners in the NFL?

Dan Snyder

There are several things. On one hand I've absolutely made a bunch of mistakes and like any person who wants to succeed, you'll make some mistakes along the way. You hope to get better and better and make fewer mistakes. That's one thing. The other thing is that you become a lightning rod for the media once you make a few mistakes and you read a lot of things that just aren't true. How do you defend yourself when it's already in print?

From BG

Do you need another racquetball partner?

Dan Snyder

Thanks, but right now I have a set group. I tend to play with the likes of Joe Theismann, one of our scouts, Louis Riddick and a bunch of guys here. I win and lose my fair share.

From BigDaddyShoo

The Super Bowl selection committee has been, in recent memory, consistent in choosing cities in which adverse weather conditions are less likely to occur during late January/early February or choosing cities which have domed stadiums. What, in your mind, are the necessary steps to legitimately lobby the league and media in general so that a Super Bowl may one day be played at FedEx Field?

Dan Snyder

We will have a Super Bowl here at FedEx Field. It is one of my personal goals. Whether it be with an inflatable dome or whether we are granted an outdoor Super Bowl we eventually will get one.

From jimster

Has the relationship between yourself and Lavar been restored since the resolution to the contract dispute? Was the willingness to give Lavar something from the deal you and Coach Gibbs' way of making sure he knows he's still a valued Redskin?

Dan Snyder

He's absolutely still valued. When it comes to relationships you sometimes go through ups and downs, but I think we're on our way to having a great relationship.

From zoony

What is the status with the Ring of Fame from RFK? I heard there have been attempts to get it put up in FedEx.

Dan Snyder

We have moved all of the Redskins related members of the RFK Ring to our own Ring at FedEx.

From zoony

Who, in your opinion, are some of the great football owners around the league and why?

Dan Snyder

Pat Bowlen of the Denver Broncos, Bob Kraft of the Patriots because they win and they're great in their respective communities and they tend to be just caring football owners.

From Voice of Reason

Do you regret firing Marty Schottenheimer?

Dan Snyder

Believe it or not Marty and I remain friends and see each other at NFL meetings and he calls me to say hello several times a year. I wish the media would get it right.

From NoCalMike

As an out of town fan (Sacramento, CA) are there any plans in the works or has any thought been giving to something for road games to give the out of town fan a special experience, a so-called "Redskins fan" experience for when the team comes to town. I personally always attend the Skins' games when they come around, and would like maybe in the future to explore the possibility of maybe having autograph sessions or some type of festivities the day before game day or just some type of event the day before. It is such a treat for us out of towners to be able to see the Skins come to town, however I must say we do sort of feel left out not being able to live in the local hometown, and have the opportunities such as attending training camp and preseason activities.

Dan Snyder

I strongly suggest you email your thoughts to Mike Stevens, our head of marketing because he probably can help do something special for you and other out of town fans.

From Sweet Sassy Molassy

Your tenure as owner of the Redskins has been a bit tumultuous at best. When you look back at all the things that you have been through as an owner and a fan (I think a lot of people forget that you're a fan of the team as well), what have you learned over the years and how do these learning experiences affect your present day dealings with the team, fans, etc.?

Dan Snyder

I've learned that a great deal of patience is required. I've learned that you're going to make some mistakes, but to make fewer and fewer while making the right decisions. I've learned a great deal from Joe Gibbs.

From panel

You are the owner of a team that breaks the record for attendance every year, and you have a waiting list of thousands. You have the ability to raise ticket prices too more than double than what they are now and still sell out, what keeps you from doing that?

Dan Snyder

We haven't raised general admission ticket prices in many years because we think it's the right thing to do.

From Ignatius J.

Fans get upset seeing so many Dallas, Philly, and Pittsburgh fans in FedEx field. Do you think there is anything to be done to reclaim our home field? Do you think you could institute an official ticket buy-back program that gives preference to people on the season ticket waiting list? (or perhaps to ExtremeSkins posters with over say, 3000 posts?)

Dan Snyder

The reason you're seeing that is because when we first got here there were mass scalping rings, including corporations that had amassed tickets and were using them as perks. We have instituted some stricter policies and guidelines because we're trying to help Redskins fans. Every ticket we take from a scalper is turned over to the wait list.

From LivestrongSkins

As a business major myself, I would like some advice on what you feel it takes to prosper in the business world. Congratulations for having such a successful career at such a young age.

Dan Snyder

Set individual goals. I always believe take one step at a time, one day at a time. You won't make progress every day but you've got to keep moving. Eventually you'll get where you want to be. I never set my goals on a money basis, I set out to accomplish specific business goals.

From Tommy-the-Greek

What have you learned from Joe Gibbs about building and maintaining a football program that you will use to the benefit of the franchise for generations to come?

Dan Snyder

I've met the greatest leader I've seen whether in business, sports or my personal life.

From MonkeySkin

Did Steve Spurrier really quit? Or did you force him out once you heard that Joe Gibbs was coming back to football?

Dan Snyder

Steve Spurrier really did quit. He called me personally while he was golfing and said that the NFL was not for him. To this day I still wish him a great deal of personal success. I got along well with him and respected his wishes. I then went on to look for the right Redskins coach and, obviously, Joe Gibbs is a Redskin.

From gridironmike

Frustration has grown over the past few years with Art Monk's absence from the Pro Football Hall of Fame. In addition to Monk, greats from the past like Chris Hanburger and Jack Kent Cooke also get no HOF consideration. The Ring of Honor is nice, but a Redskins Hall of Fame outside of FedEx Field would solve a glaring problem. With your marketing acumen and reverence for the franchise, have you considered building a Redskins Hall of Fame?

Dan Snyder

Yes, we have a memorabilia collection that we are working on and have been working on since I acquired the team. The person in charge of that is Karl Swanson and I think we're going to have one of the best collections around, and in the future we will install it either in downtown Washington or at FedEx Field.

From Dan Snyder

Closing Statement

Dan Snyder

I’ve got to run, but I’d like to thank the Redskins fans for the support that Joe Gibbs and I receive. While it may not be clearly portrayed, I can promise the effort towards winning on the field has and will always be this team’s priority. Thanks.

Originally posted by SkinsForLife260

I also cant access either pages..

------------------------------------------

Hello Mr.Snyder and thanks for your time.

My question is about the stadium specifically. I think it’s a huge and beautiful place.

I understand that you have already put millions into more seats and clubs levels. I was just wondering about your ideas for a new jumbotron? I understand it’s very expensive but if you were going to make any more improvements I was wondering what you were considering?

On a different note I am a hardworking teenager growing up in Montgomery county just like you did, with also a passion for the skins. After a couple months of work I saved enough to buy season tickets! I bought the tickets on ebay for over face value. To be exact 18 dollars more per ticket. If I wish to sell the other ticket off for the difference in face value and what I paid for would I get in trouble?

Thanks

SkinsForLife260

Originally posted by Tarhog

SkinsforLife - you get ONE question so you need to decide which one you wanted asked. WE have 30,000+ registered members. One question only.

To clarify - 1 question AT a time. Not 1 question only.

Originally posted by JeffSchmeff

You guys can reword this message however you want.

Mr. Snyder - In the past you've said in interviews that you are striving for the best fan experience possible at Fed Ex Field. What do you say to the people who complain about the obnoxiously loud commercials that pretty much kill any atmosphere? What happened to the band playing during tv timeouts?

Originally posted by BringThePain!

Ok then...

---------------------------------

Question for Mr. Snyder:

I myself a long time DIE-HARD Redskins fan, grew up learning the history of the redskins, and what it means to be a redskins fan through the media, being at the games, from our very knowledgeable older-timer fans, from meeting players (with out my father having to fork over some cash).... etc.

Over the past decade(plus), I will now be able to tell & show my children that we can get $1 off Papa Johns Pizza after every Redskins Touchdown, and That we're each going to live long & prosper by shopping with our Visa/Master Card at Models... Not to mention all the new vocabulary that they'll get to learn from the 30,000 Eagles & Cowboys fans that regularly visit our stadium every year because some how, they end up with the tickets. But hey... if we spend the $44.99 Tailgate Party Package with each ticket... it will make up for all that.

I guess my questions is... what do you intend to do about putting back the history, traditions & the feeling of being a redskins fan... back into our stadium experience... the same experiences you experienced probably with your father when you were a child... because quite frankly, I feel like I'm walking into a vendor showcase most of the time....

Thank you in advance kind sir....

-------------------------------------

will that question fly?

Thats 90% agenda, 10% question Pain :)

Your actual question 'what do you intend to do about putting back the history, traditions & the feeling of being a redskins fan... back into our stadium experience... the same experiences you experienced probably with your father when you were a child... because quite frankly, I feel like I'm walking into a vendor showcase most of the time.... ' is certainly fine - it'll get asked (no doubt) in some form or another, whether your question is used or not.

The rest of what you wrote is opinion, which is fine, but the purpose of these chats isn't to give members a pulpit from which to lecture, its to ask questions. Tough pointed questions are fine. Rudeness or attacking a guest, whether its Dan Snyder or a player, won't happen, not because the Redskins can't take it, but because we as a staff think its inappropriate.

I'll point out that many here thought they 'knew' Vinny Cerrato. They asked tough questions - most were very surprised that he was asked tough questions, answered them, and came off looking like a pretty capable and genuine guy.

So, yeah, minus the vitriolic build-up, I don't see why your question can't be asked.

First I wouldn't take the first part as offensive or vitriolic... it's just blunt ... and it's a build up to my question, without recieving a usual response of "oh well, were implimenting this and such and such" it's to show him what the experience is like for fans now... and asking him how he can fix it to be more for fans and less for vendors... if you won't include the first part... don't bother including the second because he will not understand the fans point of view...

In the end you can't have a question & answer with fans if your only going to take the ones that are nice & censor the others... I'm a fan... I'm not out to get Snyder.... I'm out to bring up the questions that need to be addressed so we can go back to being a fan base with some pride.... because 14 years of BS is long enough....

You submitted the question - thats great. It'll get asked or it won't. We're not 'deciding' in advance which are the best ones. I didn't say I or anyone else would be 'editing' questions - stop putting words in my mouth. What I said was that respectful questions (and yours as written may or may not be) will have a better chance of getting asked and answered. Thats true at work, its true at Home Depot, its true in life. It'll likely be true here too.

Now back to the questions guys!

========================

Ok then...

---------------------------------

Question for Mr. Snyder:

I myself a long time DIE-HARD Redskins fan, grew up learning the history of the redskins, and what it means to be a redskins fan through the media, being at the games, from our very knowledgeable older-timer fans, from meeting players (with out my father having to fork over some cash).... etc.

Over the past decade(plus), I will now be able to tell & show my children that we can get $1 off Papa Johns Pizza after every Redskins Touchdown, and That we're each going to live long & prosper by shopping with our Visa/Master Card at Models... Not to mention all the new vocabulary that they'll get to learn from the 30,000 Eagles & Cowboys fans that regularly visit our stadium every year because some how, they end up with the tickets. But hey... if we spend the $44.99 Tailgate Party Package with each ticket... it will make up for all that.

I guess my questions is... what do you intend to do about putting back the history, traditions & the feeling of being a redskins fan... back into our stadium experience... the same experiences you experienced probably with your father when you were a child... because quite frankly, I feel like I'm walking into a vendor showcase most of the time....

Thank you in advance kind sir....

-------------------------------------

will that question fly?

I think your question is a GREAT question... but I think your preaching and editorializing before your question is over the top, and frankly its not needed since your question ultimately covers the points youre making above.

Its this exact type of question that Die Hard was referring to when stating that we might have to edit the exact wording of the question, but will keep the spirit of it. He did NOT have to be this honest with you all, and we could just ask the Q in the way we feel captures the spirit but doesnt put us in the position of preaching someone elses vitriol. That is NOT what this is all about. But we all want to be straight up with you guys because that is what we've ALWAYS been.

This is about asking QUESTIONS to members of the Redskins organization.... not preaching your frustrations. You CAN get your frustrations out to some degree, but only within the limits of good taste and tact.

Dont ask US to ask questions that YOU would NOT ask to someones face.

In the end you can't have a question & answer with fans if your only going to take the ones that are nice & censor the others... I'm a fan... I'm not out to get Snyder.... I'm out to bring up the questions that need to be addressed so we can go back to being a fan base with some pride.... because 14 years of BS is long enough....

Actually, we CAN have a Q&A where we only take the good questions... and that doesnt mean the 'softball' Qs. You cant be SERIOUS if you expect us to ask EVERY SINGLE QUESTION verbatim... The real world doesnt work like that - not here; not anywhere.

Look at how all the online chats are run across the web for any given sport.

More importantly, look at how we've done Q&A's in the past with people such as Vinny C. and Karl Swanson. Its possible to ask 'tough' questions without being a jerk about it. Its amazing that most of us fans know this and many so-called-journalists do not...

========================

I reworded the original question... some of the so called "preaching" was left in because I believe it's important that he sees it from a fans point of view..... talk to Tarhog, we've become good buddies... sorry for being a Big Jerk...

Originally posted by Blade

I think your question is a GREAT question... but I think your preaching and editorializing before your question is over the top, and frankly its not needed since your question ultimately covers the points youre making above.

Its this exact type of question that Die Hard was referring to when stating that we might have to edit the exact wording of the question, but will keep the spirit of it. He did NOT have to be this honest with you all, and we could just ask the Q in the way we feel captures the spirit but doesnt put us in the position of preaching someone elses vitriol. That is NOT what this is all about. But we all want to be straight up with you guys because that is what we've ALWAYS been.

This is about asking QUESTIONS to members of the Redskins organization.... not preaching your frustrations. You CAN get your frustrations out to some degree, but only within the limits of good taste and tact.

Dont ask US to ask questions that YOU would NOT ask to someones face.

Actually, we CAN have a Q&A where we only take the good questions... and that doesnt mean the 'softball' Qs. You cant be SERIOUS if you expect us to ask EVERY SINGLE QUESTION verbatim... The real world doesnt work like that - not here; not anywhere.

Look at how all the online chats are run across the web for any given sport.

More importantly, look at how we've done Q&A's in the past with people such as Vinny C. and Karl Swanson. Its possible to ask 'tough' questions without being a jerk about it. Its amazing that most of us fans know this and many so-called-journalists do not...

Originally posted by Warhead36

To Snyder:

Have any interests in purchasing any of the other Pro Sports Franchises in Washington? The Nationals could use an owner with your financial depth.

-It won't let me post in the threads you listed Die Hard-

Originally posted by jds84

For Dan Snyder:

I have been a passionate Redskins fan since I was a child (20+ years). One of my first encounters with the Redskins was when the organization hired my grandmother to make "blackout" curtains for the old Redskins park. I was fortunate to have been at her shop when Jack Kent Cooke picked up the curtains himself (with some help, of course).

My question, what has the Redskins organization done in the past and have currently in place to support local businesses?

Originally posted by Monkart

Hello Dan!

Many fans here on ExstremeSkins and every where else believes that the media (many outlets) are not very Redskin friendly, also some of them vote the HOF's in. Do you as a fan think todays HOF voters are giving yesterday's Redskins great Art Monk a raw deal?

Thanks for your time!! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Reaganaut

Dear Mr. Snyder,

In the last Superbowl year with Joe Gibbs as coach the Skins played Atlanta. Deion Sanders taunted the crowd and earned some animosity from Skins fans. He then went to San Francisco and Dallas and did not redeem himself in the eyes of many Skins fans. You must have seen this game against Atlanta. As a Skins fan, why did you not share in the animosity against Deion Sanders by signing him?

Respectfully,

Reaganaut

Originally posted by rdskns n 05

To Mr. Snyder, Frist I think you are doing everything you can do to get us winning again, and thank you for that. Have you looked into someway allowing out of state Redskins fans to watch the games via the internet? There are thousands of us out here. I dont feel that it is fair that only Direct TV have sole rights to these games. I know I would be willing to pay a fee for it, but I dont want to subscribe to Direct TV. Thank you......... Hail to the Redskins

Originally posted by SkinsNatsFan

Mr. Snyder, thanks for taking this time.

Do you realize how much the game day, stadium experience has been damaged for Redskins fans by the non-stop commercials, loud music, deejays telling us to cheer, fireworks, etc., etc. that we have now, and that the new "atmosphere" is attracting a type of crowd that isn't there for the team?

Originally posted by portisizzle

Dear Mr. Snyder,

I would like to know what your thoughts are regarding pressure from outside groups to change the Redskins team name?

Also, I am curious........ gas or charcoal?

Thank you, and I think you are doing a terrific job in a very difficult professional sports league designed with parity in mind.

Christopher

Originally posted by RedskinsDave

Since the Redskins now own this board, I thought maybe we could get through to them this way. We have tried for years to get more jons in the parking lots (the green ones of course, where we peons park). Anyone who parks there and would like more jons and shorter lines, please post your thoughts to the management. Hopefully something will be done or I may have just caused our parking fees to go up!

Originally posted by RebelYell

Mr. Snyder,

Any chance you coud double the number of port-a-johns for the Green parking areas?

The line builds up to about twenty minutes (sometimes even half an hour) a couple of hours before the game.

Some might argue that this just adds to the tailgate experience, others merely shortcut the process at the expense of decency, but many of us just find such a long wait to be rather uncomfortable :-)

Thank you,

David

Originally posted by TK-IV II I

Mr Snyder, while following the reactions of the merger between Extremeskins.com & Redskins.com I noticed the following types comments on other message boards :

"I think that's a sellout move."

"It seems like Dan wants to control all aspects of news concerning the Skins. With this move he has brought a large base of rabid fans alot closer to the "dark side".

If Redskins.com had wanted to start up a fan forum it would have taken years and a lot of work. This more like a corp buyout!"

"Teams owning fan sites is a conflict of interest to me. I hate when Schilling goes on Sox and Yankees sites because too many people get star struck and become spineless instead of objective and/or critical. Kudos to The Dan though, eventually he's going to buy the Post, the Times and the USA Today so he can limit all bad press. Hell, he already has George Michael in his pocket."

"I think the sub-headline i just found on the press release speaks volumes.

"Team Acquires Extremeskins.com,

web's most popular Redskins fan site"

"One thing is clear, they are no longer a fan site, they are now a acquisition of Redskins and I suspect content will be pretty controlled, just liek the content they put on the main Redskisn.com site, pretty fluff stuff."

"They can say that all they want, they can post emails directly from Snyder all they want saying how nothing will change at ES-I'll believe it when I see it. Dan Snyder is being petty and revoking season tickets from The Washington Post(a company that could buy and sell him 10 times over) because they leaked the Coles story and might(repeat might, he has no proof of it) be selling the tickets they buy from the skins-what do you think the Skins organization would do if people at the official Redskins message board were bashing the Skins' management and Snyder. You are fooling yourself if you think that nothing will change and that the skins will have no controls of content. If that were true, they would just announce a limited partnership with ES, not a merger. Snyder now basically owns ES, do you think that he'll allow completely free discussion and systemic criticism about him? This will be Redskins unFILTERED. The Redskins are a corporation, the point of message boards is to freely discuss issues free of corporate and institutional controls. ES is part of the corporation now, and if the Skins tell the owners of ES to do something, they have to do it."

When these type of questions come up here on Extremeskins.com, we the Staff have answered them. However, since these were comments I found on other sites, not here, how do you answer these critics?

Originally posted by PleaseBlitz

Mr. Snyder,

Any advice for college-age and young professionals who want to make a career out of their passion for football? How did the people that work for you and for the NFL get into it (besides being able to run a 4.4 40, i personally cant do that)? It seems that besides the 53 man roster, coaching staff, and practice squad, you must have hundreds of people working in marketing, finance, legal, etc capacities. Where do you find these people, and what do you look for?

Follow up: How long did it take you to learn all of the permeations of the salary-cap?

Originally posted by stevea

Mr. Snyder,

Thank you for fielding comments/questions from the fans. I've been a diehard fan for 25 years.

I was able to attend 5 home games these last two years -- 4 of which the players credited as being the loudest and most helpful (not a coincidence!).

But I've sworn off because your staff does not let fans see many replays. True fans want to see replays and close-ups and slo-mo's after most plays are run. FedEx would be a great stadium if it were not for that critical flaw. I assure you that the "fans" who watch the commercials and pay attention to the announcer are not the ones who scream their lungs out to support their team.

You say you want to support the fans and make the FedEx experience the best possible. In most ways you live up to that promise (and thank you). Are you willing to change policy to vastly improve this feature?

Thank you.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

stevea

Originally posted by riggins44

Mr. Snyder,

I have multipart question.

Your business acumen and success cannot be questioned. Did you have a mentor?

If so who was it and why? How would you grade yourself as owner of the Redskins?

Thanks for all that you have done for the team.

Originally posted by TheDane

Mr. Snyder,

There's no doubt that you have made the Redskins franchise successful in financial terms: top revenue earner, most profitable, strong merchandise sales, etc. It's clear that your business acumen has translated from direct marketing to managing a football franchise.

However, the question still remains whether or not you will see success in the win-loss column as an owner. What has been the most challenging change for you from managing a corporation to managing the Washington Redskins? And can you give us, the die hard fans who love wins and not profits, assurances that you have mastered this change?

P.S. - where can I send my resume? ;)

= = = = = = = = = =

Kind regards to both, and thanks for their time.

Archived