Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any Brunell backers want to bet??

Samuels

I'll take that wager. $300 says he averages over 150 yards. I personally think that the OL is so improved that he will average 250 yards. We will have an offense that averages 325-350 yards per game.

I'm down with a money bet but honestly 300 is slightly less then half my weekly pay. I'm not a fool to risk half my check on anybody or anything.

I'll take the bet at 50 bucks and a SIG bet but he has to play respectable on top of the 150 per game or I win that game. For example no 20-46 151yards 0tds 1int type of garbage because were behind. I think he should have to complete atleast 55% of his passes but that'll i'll leave to you and your faith in MB.

We will do it game by game he must have 150 yards throwing in that particular game or I win that game inquestion and we add the total at the end. It will last has long has he plays hopefully 1 game.

Here's a good, fair bet.

Each week, we compare Brunell's passing yards and touchdowns compared to the average mean of every starting QB in that particular week. It may take a little work to get it together, but it seems fair.

So for instance, Brunell threw for 70 yards this week yet the average was say, 175 yards. Then all of the people who choose to take the bet and Brunell, will have to display a sig of someone else's choosing. Or vica versa if Brunell beats the average.

Any of the ball washers wanna bet on Brunells performance this year or even monday night?

Will he throw for 200 yards all year?

Will he throw for more then 100 yards more often then not?

Can he lead us to victory?

Lets make a friendly wager it don't even have to be cash.

$50 and sig bet says that in upcoming MNF game vs. Dallas MB 1) throws for 200 yards and 2) leads 'Skins to victory. In order for me to win this bet, both 1) and 2) must come to pass. Deal?

:cheers:

Ramsey hasn't shown anything other than he's got a arm. He hasn't shown leadership, he hasn't shown good pocket presence, and he hasn't shown that he can play mistake free.

Ramsey STILL looks like a rookie. Has he progress at all? He looks the same he always has.

I just don't understand how anyone could be that confident in Ramsey. He makes me nervious as hell every game, cause you never know what will happen when Ramsey is in there... At least Brunell will throw it in the dam stands before he throws some boneheaded INT.

We have a solid team. All we need to win is a QB that doesn't do stupid sh!t.

Yo monkeyskin, Im not saying that Ramsy is better than Brunell its just that Brunell should be better than Ramsy with 9 more years of exp. Personally I dont like neither of them, but we should just keep Brunell in until Ramsy is ready to play! By the way when Brunell came in against the Bears didnt he throw to his left and got it picked off by Chicago? Yes he did..plus it was returned, but the refs called Chicago for pass inter. Its a good thing that the play was called back..or it could of been 6 for the Bears. So dont tell me about Ramsy and his pics because Brunell has his share as well!

$50 and sig bet says that in upcoming MNF game vs. Dallas MB 1) throws for 200 yards and 2) leads 'Skins to victory. In order for me to win this bet, both 1) and 2) must come to pass. Deal?

:cheers:

Deal your gonna lose your money. So if he throws for less then 200 yards I win. And if we lose I win. Send me your email so I can give you my address to maddenchamp1978@yahoo.com so you can send out payment.

I'd love to eat crow but I honestly can't see either 1 happening.

Deal your gonna lose your money. So if he throws for less then 200 yards I win. And if we lose I win. Send me your email so I can give you my address to maddenchamp1978@yahoo.com so you can send out payment.

Done. May Brunell and the ever-lovin' 'Skins prove you wrong, my friend!

Can't wait till Monday!!!!

:dallasuck

• 2 weeks later...
HAHAHAHA, awesome that someone remembered this.

Wonder where this shmuck is?!

Strangely enough, he hasn't posted since 9/17 (two days before the game) and this post about Mark Brunell versus Dallas was one of his last he made that day, if not the very last:

I hope we win no doubt and if he plays like a NFL qb i'll be the 1st to eat crow...

:laugh:

I wasn't going to post anything, b/c gloating at the expense of other 'Skins fans isn't that much fun, really, but...it does feel pretty good. :cool:

Also, in fairness to Samuels, we exchanged a couple of emails and, like a stand-up guy, he's going to settle the bet as he said he would. I don't think he'll mind my quoting one of his emails, in which he wrote:

"I hope like hell we win and honestly I feel naked making the bet, like I committed a crime -- its weird. I just know MB isn't the answer and emotions take over. Good luck and go SKINS...."

So no jumping on this guy -- he's a true fan who just needed a little nudging back onto the path of righteousness. ;)

Any of the ball washers wanna bet on Brunells performance this year or even monday night?

Will he throw for 200 yards all year?

Will he throw for more then 100 yards more often then not?

Can he lead us to victory?

Lets make a friendly wager it don't even have to be cash.

I'm sorry but we've seen this all before just like yesterdays game. Brunnel had the whole game but 3 series and could'nt get 100 yards. Its laughable rewatching the game its the same guy. Watch him throw the screen he about does a 360 to get mustard on it. Go watch the drive before the last drive its typical Brunell. And please nobody should be comparing Ramsey againest Brunell from the preseason againest scrubs were he had all day to deliever. You will get a good comparison next Monday night and i'll bet they'll be some irate fans then. My hope Brunell plays like the terd he is before injuring his throwing hand while were down big, then PR comes in saves the day and everybodys on his jock.

My problem is Brunell is afraid to get hit and will check it down almost immediately everytime he's blitzed. We will never get bigplays downfield like that. But then again JAGS fans had already been saying those same things before he was out has thier starter. Almost all of them said his arm was gone and that he'd taken to many shots. Why was Leftwich drafted?

Go watch last years tapes or even yesterdays game its so obvious the guy about lays down after delievering the ball. Last year the line sucked so he did his backpeddle throw it if off your back foot routine.

I'm not sure if Pat is the answer but with a score starting at 0-0 he gives us the best chance to win.

If any of you think we are gonna beat the Cowboys,Giants or Eagles with our offense forget about it. I'm not even sure why we signed Patton or even added Moss I guess they'll be running the 5yard hooks and outs.

And i'm willing to bet my life Gibbs protects Brunell with his playcalling its like a night and day difference when Ramsey is in thier.

Welcome your 04-05 Redskins maybe we can win 7 this year.. I just hope after this blows up in Gibbs face he is man enough to hand over the keys to G.Williams before somebody steals him away.

I just hope you get banned. You're a jerk.

Go watch Sundays game he is a noodle arm. The guy about does a 360 on a screen pass just go watch some of last years games and Sundays its so evident. MB looked like he did last year he will not take a hit to deliever downfield he's terrified. Watch him throw a hot route againest the blitz he turns sideways in anticipation of the hit almost like a lil girl balling up. The guy is just old and past his prime period its no other way to spin it. Jags fans knew it and anybody that watched them knew it.

I'm down with Sig bets thats honestly what I was thinking myself when I made the thread.

Anybody want to step up for Brunell lets make a criteria for the bet.

If MB throws for 2tds or over 170 yards NFL average you win either way for that particular game. The bet will last until MB is out of the lineup could be 1 game or 15 but thats how long the bet will last.

So it was a sig bet anyway. Give him the a$$ clown avatar.

Yeah, Samuels needs to 'pay up' via his sig.

I'm sure he'll have his reasons why he wasn't here or didn't think it 'counted' but a bet is a bet. When I won the over on NE/Pittsburgh, the 'spirit' of the game wasn't an 'over' but it ended up being one--that's why you don't make bets when you know that certain outcomes may not 'prove you wrong' but will still cause you to lose.

Archived