Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A modest proposal

Now that Daryl Gardener looks to be signed, we've plugged the last hole on defense. It's beginning to look like murderer's row out there with our D.

On offense, however, we have nothing but holes -- except the kind Stephen Davis can run through and our QB's can pass through.

I've had visions of our defense actually outscoring our offense, running back more TDs than our offense can score.

And then it hit me: let our defense actually play offense.

We keep four holdovers from the offense: Stephen Davis, Chris Samuels, Jon Jansen and Jacquez Green.

We take the following members of the defense and play them on offense: LaVar Arrington, Champ Bailey, Fred Smoot, Darrell Green, Jeremiah Trotter, Renaldo Wynn and Dan Wilkinson.

QB: LaVar (threw TDs in high school)

RB: Davis

Center: Trotter

Guards: Wilkinson, Wynn

Tackles: Samuels, Jansen

WRs: J. Green, Bailey, Smoot, D. Green

On the bench is Patrick Ramsey, who spells LaVar at QB on half the drives, and whenever a TE is needed (LaVar moves to TE).

Now *that's* a team I want to see.

Great points Atlanta Skins Fan! If this were 1937 again when players used to play both ways we would have the best team of all-time! Spurrier realizes that Bailey is his biggest deep threat and by the way I would let La Var do the leap for a touchdown on the goal-line. Our current defensive line would be a decent offensive line. A very intriguing post, indeed!

Uh guys????

Seriously, the ability to play two ways is rare in this league.

Thing about Sanders. The Cowboys played him on O some, but there just wasn't time for him to learn two positions well. As a result, he was a few trick pony on O. That's great if you need a gimick play once and awhile. It's less good when opponents figure out that your converted DB can only run 2 or 3 routes with any timing.

As for blocking vs. DL play, did you see the LB from San Diego play TE last year? You just don't get the same production as when you put guys who play the position on a fulltime basis. Most of these players haven't played two way ball since highschool. As such, that's about the level they play at going to the other side of the ball.

As a side note, I'd hate to see D. Green at WR. He's a great cover guy, but has anyone else noticed his hands are not WR quality? How many picks has he dropped over his career? You'll get no complaint from me, because that meant hestill broke up the pass, but sometimes I cringe to think of how many INTs he could have had.

Originally posted by gbear

Uh guys????

Seriously, the ability to play two ways is rare in this league.

Uh gbear . . . this post was a joke. It was a bit of fantasy, imagining our great athletes on D being let loose on offense.

However, I do have a bridge I'm interested in selling you, if you'll send me a PM.

Archived