Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I just talked to Ken Harvey...

Posse81

No. 57 was at the espnzone in DC signing autographs this afternoon. I went down there and we briefly chatted about the Skins chances this year. He said as a defensive player, he thought the Fun n Gun had a chance to succeed if its ran correctly to fit the NFL game. Overalll, he was very optimistic. I was also encouraged that he was referring to the Skins as "we"...

I'm pretty sure Harvey adopted the Redskins as his team. Wouldn't you do the same if your previous tenure was with the Cardinals?:puke:

He still lives in the area. I've seen him a few times at the Sterling Costco (I also saw Thrash there shortly after the season ended - I guess Philly isn't a great place to live). I went to a movie last winter - I think it was Ocean's Eleven - and Harvey and Charles Mann were there to see it, too.

Movie theater seats always seemed a good size to me, but I'm 5'7", 150. Those guys FILLED their seats - they couldn't even sit next to each other, though there may have been some macho, guy thing going on there, too.

Yeah, let me add that he was especially nice and more than willing to talk Skins football with me for a few mins--a true Redskin. I forgot to mention that he thought Stephen Davis HAS to be a big part of the offense--I think we all agree with that.

I am really encouraged when former players continue their ties with the organization.

Posse,

I wish I was there. Its always great when a former Redkin is in DC, and is openly talking about the team. We don't have too many players from the 90's that are out there routing for our team. I am glad he has an optimistic view towards SS's offense and was willing to share that with you. He must also be well aware of Steven Davis' talent and how critical he is to our organization. :cheers:

It's too bad Harvey didn't get to experience any of the glory years with the Skins. The poor guy went from the Cards to Washington just as we hit bottom. He was one of the few bright spots for the Skins after the Gibbs era.

There were a couple of years during Ken's tenure when he was the only Pro Bowl caliber player that we had. I too wish he'd experienced a little more glory, even the 10-6 season in 1999 with a playoff win. I don't believe he ever played in a playoff game in his career.

He didn't.

Bummer :doh:

As mentioned before, he was a class act on the field and from all accounts - never met him myself - even better off the field.

I do remember on the 3rd and shorts..........I'd be, "Come on Ken Harvey, Come on #57, where ya at!!!??". and he usually came up with the play!

As you look back, we as a team, never really had any MAJOR criminal types. A few speeding, DWIs etc, etc. But no MAJOR embarrassments. In fact our biggest "blunder" is held is good favor, when Riggo told the Supreme Court judge, 'Loosen up Sandy Baby!".

:angel: Let's keep our fingers crossed it stays that way.

Archived