Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lindh cuts a deal. Gets 20 years.

Henry

I think this is actually a marvelous result. The plea establishes harsh penalties (as 20 years is certainly harsh) for those who would join groups like the Taliban, and it is accomplished without the huge, ugly spectacle of a trial to drag everyone through the mud.

I think if the government felt Walker took part in the uprising that killed Spahn, they would not have dealt. This to me is a winning situation for the government, and really, even for Walker as he will know the consequences of his actions, and something tells me he may never see the end of his sentence unless he finds a Muslim group in prison that will protect him.

This is the biggest crock of monkey dung. 20 years is gettin off real easy in my book. How much time will he actually do of the twenty? I doubt he'll be in the general population so he could have an easy stay.

May a very hairy three hundred fourty seven pound non -bathing biker in for sodomizing brama bulls take a shine to him.:moon: :moon: :moon:

Originally posted by RTerps2002

I'm sorry but this is wrong he was a confused kid who made a mistake .... I am not saying that he should not be punished but this is not fair.

Lindh is 21 years of age. He's been old enough to make legally adult decisions for himself for 3 years now. He's no babe in the woods. Our military is filled with men and women aged 18-21. Should Uncle Sam cut all of them loose and send them home now because, hey, they're all just a buncha youngins?

Every criminal is guilty of making a mistake. However, he is not innocent. His mistake wasn't the accidental innocent kind. His was a mistake in judgement. He is guilty of being part of a terrorist group that actively planned and participated in murdering many. Not to mention treason. His judgement and the evidence of his actions that must have existed convinced him and his lawyers to accept twenty years. He was simply a pilgrim dishwasher on the road to discovering Allah and was completely ignorant of the doings of Al Qaeda I doubt he would have settled.

I think perhaps the fact that he is now helping the government against Al Queda was taken into account.

Anyway, I remember being 20. It's not that young.

A 20 year old is an adult.

A 20 year old can vote.

A 20 year old can be drafted.

A 20 year old can go to jail.

And a 20 year old can commit treason. Which is certainly what this guy did, IMHO.

What happened to the days when traitors got hung? That's what should happen to this piece of $hit. We should torture every bit of info out of him that we can and hang his sorry as$ out to dry.

What really pissed me off was seeing his family saying that they still "support" and "love" him. Oh, the evil US government is taking away my big brother! Please stop them, Mr. bin Laden! If my kid EVER joined the Taliban or even thought about going anywhere near that $hithole, I'd disown him.

Show's what liberal parenting will do for you.

Originally posted by Burgold

Every criminal is guilty of making a mistake. However, he is not innocent. His mistake wasn't the accidental innocent kind. His was a mistake in judgement. He is guilty of being part of a terrorist group that actively planned and participated in murdering many. Not to mention treason. His judgement and the evidence of his actions that must have existed convinced him and his lawyers to accept twenty years. He was simply a pilgrim dishwasher on the road to discovering Allah and was completely ignorant of the doings of Al Qaeda I doubt he would have settled.

I could give a rat's *** about this guy, but what you are saying is completely ludicrous...as far as I know he is not a terrorist...a shmuck maybe, but you really think he was hanging out with Bin Laden? This kid was a foot soldier in the Taliban (not Al Qaeda, small but important difference).

I'm not so sure, Yomar. One of the media reports I'd heard a while back suggested that Lindh, in his quest to find a "purer" form of Islam, did eventually make his way onto the grounds of one of Bin Laden's terrorist training camps.

If this kid was really a terrorist, he wouldn't have been hanging out in a ditch in Afghanistan. Could you think of a more ideal sleeper agent for a terrorist group?

They could have easily got him out of the country after 9/11 under the guise of an American fleeing Afghanistan as it stood on the brink of war with his country.

Archived