Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Blaze's Training Camp Notes (Thursday)

Johnny_Blaze

Sorry I attended the Nationals game tonight, so I was not able to post earlier:

- I do not see any way that Groom has a chance to challenge Tupa for the Punter job. Tupa looked amazing today and Groom looked good, but no where nearly as good as Tupa.

- Mike Sellers, Casey Rabach and Taylor Jacobs (who encountered flu like symptoms yesterday) were all back on the playing field today. Jacobs looked decent, but did drop one ball in 11v11.

- Ramsey looked O.K. today and messed up on a few deep balls. IN my opinion the lack of deep ball completions is due to the poor quarterback precision, specifically by Brunell and Ramsey.

- Brunell always seems to underthrow his recievers. I think that a reciever should be able to catch the ball in mid stride, but most of Brunell's throws cause the reciever, whoever it may be, slow down and wait to catch the ball. The more I see of Brunell, the more I wonder why this organization spent so much money on him.

- Campbell looked amazing today, in another like he should be a professional knitter, because this boy could thread a needle with a football. He is very accurate and showed off pin point accuracy today.

- In the oline v dline drills, Randy Thomas showed his athetisism and ability. McCune provided me with a good note today by driving a defendedr back a couple feet based on pure strength. McCune has the tools to be a good linebacker in this league, but I am curious if he has the talent to be.

- For those of you that think that Ray Brown is too old to still be in this league, you are wrong. This guy has the technique and dedication to still be in league and be a productive lineman. In my opinion he should be a starter over the current LG Dockery. Dockery has the physical frame to be an excellant guard, but hie does not have the technique to be reckonining force on the line. Samuels provided a superb display of technique today during the drills, I am glad they signed him to a near life contract, he looked good today.

- Wilds and Dixon both looked good on run support today and I would not be suprised if they both earned a spot on the roster, they are both physical in their coverage and never give up on a play.

- Holdman looked very good today. I saw him always near the ball and he showed me some speed which I would have never thought he possesed. Marshall provided very good defense today, but I am not sold on his quarterbacking cababilities which the MLB requires, with that said though the defense did a great job of shutting the run down today.

- NEMO is one of the best valued picks this club has ever made. I would not be surpirsed to see him incorparated into the offense early in the season, while it hard to tell because of the lack of serious tackling Nemo looks to be a running back that can easily bounce off of defenders.

- Prioleau showed very good coverage today and jumped in front a ball to swat it even. His lack of serious skill is made up by his sense of "never giving up on a down"

- Antonio Brown looked fantastic again today, I would be surprised if he did not make the team this year and earn a spot as 3rd or 4th WR. McCants looked pitiful today, he gives me this sense that he does not enjoy being out there and it seems to translate to his playing ability. He has the tools to be a great reciever, but just not the talent.

- Taylor looked OK today in my opinion. He seems to be lacking in the coverage skills (evident by the second Dallas game last year), but I think it is due to the fact that he his better at hitting than coverage if that makes sense.

- Springs continues to impress me every day and is a very tough CB. He pushes around recievers and does not allow any to have their way, if they do have their way they will be punished with a crushing hit from him.

-Byner and Portis seem to have a special relationship. Byner seems to follow Portis wherever he goes on the field or off the field and looks to always be giving him advice. Hopefully this will be a positive note for the Redskins.

thats all that I can remember at this point in the night, I hope that you all enjoy...

blaze

I was a little disappointed in Jacobs today as well. He dropped a nice throw by Ramsey near the sideline in the 11v11 drills.

I agree about Dmac, he looked terrible. He dropped at least three passes that I can remember.

I thought S. Taylor looked good today and is very good in run support.

The three speed guys Patten/Moss/Brown continue to impress me. Patten made a great play on a long touchdown pass down the sideline. They all are quick and fast.

Originally posted by Johnny_Blaze

- NEMO is one of the best valued picks this club has ever made.

I think its just a little too early to be making a statement like that, given the fact that NEMO has yet to play a down of football in the NFL, and our team's history of finding diamonds in the rough. But thanks for another quality report.

Archived