Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is the streak vs the girls going to end?

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

Guest SkinsHokie Fan

The last 3 years each time we play the Cowgirls I swear this is the game where we beat them and beat them good. It looked like everything was rosy in the opener in 1999 until the 4th quarter collapse. Every other time its close and something stupid just happens. What is it going to take to beat this mental hurdle and beat them?

By us scoring more points.

I think the biggest issue is that he skins need to focus against the Cowboys. Despite the streak they always seem to play lethargically and sloppily against them. Maybe that's a Turnerism, but it always felt like they were saying... Ah, we're the better team so we'll just win and got out hustled and muscled. Last years losses hurt, especially when one of them would have propelled us past mediocrity.

"How is the streak vs the girls going to end? " - SkinsHokie Fan

"By us scoring more points. " - Burgold

Not necessarily, Burgold. If he's speaking of the LOSING streak we could break it with a tie. (From one smart@ss to another :) )

So, when will we beat the Pokes?

- when we play like the game means something to us (like they do)

- when we don't get our @ss kicked on the line of scrimmage

- when we don't finish a game we've all but won with a stupid mistake to hand it to them (see '99 and '01)

- this year I pray. That streak reaches double figures and we'll never hear the end of it.

Coming from a Cowboy fan, I have to say the difference has been the battle at the LOS. The Skins just haven't matched up well to the size of the Cowboys OL.

The Skins did correct this problem some by adding Trotter and Armstead, but they still have weak safeties and a their DL isn't their strong point. It should be interesting.

True Smith22, I have walked away dejected by your cowpokes ability to handle the line, which leads to even poor teams cashing in on staying in and even winning games.

It's more like the long driver (Daly) getting to all the holes with needing a shot to get the biride or Eagle, yet the better putter (Woods and Mickleson) keeps winning, because the little things are focused on more. Not just the wow's (QB's, WR's and RB's),but the stuff that doesn't get that much attention by the media (the offensive line).

Then the putt is magnified, like the the 3 yard run or the 25 yard field goal.

At this point, I don't care if they say 'The Redskins got lucky' (heck, there were Giants fans claiming that after we hung 50 on them) - I don't care if they say, 'The Redskins cheated'.

But I'd really, really, really love to hear them say, "Spurrier ran up the score."

:cool:

I'm with TC here. At this point, I wouldn't care if we got a "You got lucky."

Hell, the first Dallas game last year, they pretty much outplayed us the whole game and controlled things, and we were in position to win regardless. I'd have danced for a "We got lucky" on that one.

At this point, the team needs to break the streak by any means possible to get over what has to be a mental hump that is difficult to understand right now. Any win will do. A blowout would change the series and you'd probably see the Redskins win a few in a row. But, any win will do.

Archived