Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best LB Corps, NFC East

Westbrook36

Redskins: Arrington, Barrow/McCune/Barnes?, Washington

Giants: Emmons, Pierce, Griesen

Eagles: Dhani Jones, Trotter, Simoneau/McCoy/Adams

Cowboys: James, Ngyuen, Shanle/Thorton/Singleton?

This is a tough one to rate. I think each squad has potential question marks with players coming back from injury, key players departing, weak links, etc.

1-4, if I had to rate them:

1. Giants

2. Eagles

3. Skins

4. Cowboys

What say you?

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

Good one. you forgot Holdman though ;)

I have to admit, I used the depth charts on NFL.com to fill in some blanks in my head.....I knew you had a lot of names at the position, just couldn't remember them all. ;)

I am impressed with the Giants corps. I don't think they have a weak link.

With a healthy Arrington the Redskins have the best linebacking group by a huge margin to go with fantastic depth. It's not even close. This is such a clear margin it shouldn't have to be asked.

Washington has the top two linebackers in the division. Arrington may well be "overrated" but, he produces in a way few can match at the strongside backer spot, and no one has his ability.

Originally posted by Art

With a healthy Arrington the Redskins have the best linebacking group by a huge margin to go with fantastic depth. It's not even close. This is such a clear margin it shouldn't have to be asked.

Washington has the top two linebackers in the division. Arrington may well be "overrated" but, he produces in a way few can match at the strongside backer spot, and no one has his ability.

I agree, Arrington is a phenom (at least physically). But, if the Redskins seperate themselves from the pack in concerns to the LB corps, I think Washington is the main reason. Arrington's a freak, but Washington is the consistency.

Originally posted by HeHateMe

When putting this debate out there, try getting Dallas' linebackers right.

I hate to say it, but I love Nguyen (hope I spelled that right). He does nothing amazingly spectacular, but he doesn't do ANYTHING wrong.

Originally posted by herrmag

I hate to say it, but I love Nguyen (hope I spelled that right). He does nothing amazingly spectacular, but he doesn't do ANYTHING wrong.

I love him too.

But I'm very curious to see who he "adapts" to the 3-4.

Taking on lineman 60-80 lbs. bigger than him will be a challenge.

Wait, the Skins LBs are the spear of the Redskins defense, they have incredible physical gifts and/or are football-intelligent and were on the best D in the conference by far.

And you rate them THIRD in a DIVISION?

Marcus Washington is better than any other LB in the division(putting aside guys coming off of injury)

Lavar, injury or no, has big-play capacity bigger than anyone else in the division.

And we're not even covering the depth players like Campbell, etc

My list:

1. Redskins - We had Marshall, Pierce, and Washington last year. We have Arrington, ???, and Washington this year. Whoever plays MLB should do fine because Arrington and Washington will cause havoc on the outside.

2. Eagles - They are just well disciplined and overachievers. It's almost like "Insert a linebacker here" and he'll automatically be a good player.

3. Cowboys - Definitely has a decent core, but not the best though.

4. Giants - Pierce may be one good player, but the others he's surrounded with aren't special.

Originally posted by Art

What he said.:)

But seriously wasnt washington the only probowler in that group. Oh yea trotter:puke:

Anyways a healthy arrington idk what can happen.

If you're curious about the Cowboys LBs, read on...

Nguyen will definitely start inside, Ware will definitely start outside, but after that it gets a little hazy.

Singleton will be fighting to keep his OLB job, but I don't think he's what Parcells has in mind as 3-4 OLB. I guess I have to say something nice about him, so I'll call him a "savvy veteran."

Bradie James is a talented guy, big (6'2", 240), fast and a hitter, but he has to stop blowing reads in his 3rd season. Could play inside or outside, but probably best suited to ILB in the 3-4.

Shanle is a big boy, too, (6'2", 245) who isn't as athletic as James, but was very productive when given a chance last year. Definitely an ILB candidate.

Kevin Burnett is the rookie from Tennessee the Cowboys picked in the 2nd round this year. Played the weak-side in college, could play inside or outside. Not a great pass-rusher, but a team leader and very productive.

Kalen Thornton is a guy I'm personally pretty excited about. He's a DE/OLB tweener from Texas. He was really impressive in the preseason last year, but didn't get many chances in the regular season. Could push for a starting OLB spot or backup Ware.

Eric Ogbogu, from the Under Armor commercials, is trying to convert to OLB also.

There are a couple more camp fodder/special teams guys, but I don't think they enter into the evaluation.

I think its definitely too early to rank them. We won't have a good idea who's going to play where, and in which defense until we're well into the preseason.

Originally posted by flashback

I think its definitely too early to rank them. We won't have a good idea who's going to play where, and in which defense until we're well into the preseason. [/b]

You're obviously putting reason into this argument. This is offseason talk man! We speculate to no end!

Archived