Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I was threatened to be slapped in the face today.......

Tom [Giants fan]

sorry that happened to you tom, maybe the kid was tired of summer school and wanted to have fun instead of read.

i remember my parents used sent to a tag summer camp and i used to do anything i could to get sent home. i must admit i had more fun trying to get out than i did when i was actually home. eventually they realized it wasn't worth inviting me anymore. :laugh:

Tom, if that was my kid, I would thanked you for handling the situation the way you did, and beat his ass when we got home. You shouldn't apologize for what you did, you did nothing wrong. Hopefully I'll never hear that about my son, he understands that there is a parental reaction to all of his actions, good and bad. Sounds like this kid doesn't get it.

Originally posted by GASkinsfan28

Man i have wanted to do that and say that to a teacher but i never have.

Like last year my Biology teacher hated me and he got in my face wne i was walking down the hall and she was liek u know wut u r old enough to drop out if u r not hear to learn then y dont u just do that? I told her i am making straight A's how is that not learning? then he just started yelling at me and took me to the Principal for talking back and being disrespectful then i told the principal wut happened and he got in more trouble then i did!!! I was so happy but for the rest of the semster every thing i did i got yelled at so it kinda sucked ne wayz.

But ne wayz i wanted to hit him real bad!

If this post is a true example of your writing skills how do you get straight A's?

Tom I think you did the correct thing here. You can't let a thirteen year old kid believe he has more power than the teacher. One of my best friends is going to be an english teacher next year and I hope she handles situations like this just like you did. :2cents:

Stay strong Tom.

You give those monsters a inch ,they will never Quit.

My wife is known as the ENFORCER at school,but it is amazing how many former and current students love her.

Kids need direction and set guidelines.

The thing about it, is that this kid probably doesn't give a crap about summer school anyway, and he's going to go home to his pipe head parents (or parent) who couldn't care whether he passes or fails. He knows that he can say what he wants to, and get away with it, because NOBODY is laying down the law. Bleeding hearts can say what they want to, but the simple fact of the matter, is that kid needs to have the :pooh: knocked out of him by an adult who knows how to do it right. A kid like that needs to be put in his place. I firmly believe that it is not simply choosing to do the right thing that keeps a kid straight, but the fear of consequences for his actions. I certainly wasn't an angel growing up, but I knew my place, and I knew that there was a line you didn't cross. If I had told my father, or any other adult, teacher, etc. (and then dad found out) that I was going to smack him/her, he would have layed me out. (and he did on more than one occassion, when I stepped out of bounds.)...and you know what. I'm glad he did.

Bring back common sense please.

Archived