Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pat Kirwin on ST...

>>Spearhead>>

Originally posted by SamSneed36

Con: I never get to wear my Taylor authentic and i wasted a lot of money :(

:laugh:

At first I was bummed that he was changing his # to 21, but now I'm hoping my #36 will show that I was on the bandwagon early.

Originally posted by thinker

Football is played by men - not machines. Until that changes, the players will be representative, by and large, of our society at large. That means, whether anybody likes it or not, many people wherever you go will do things that you or I might perceive as stupid. That covers fighting, driving drunk, using illegal weapons, doing drugs, hitting their wives, etc.

By the way, these behaviors - let's call them "immature" or "unevolved" are more prevalent among younger people as a whole than older people. I might add that I am less likely to get in a fight because I am an exceptionally puny little guy and fighting is likely to get my butt kicked - so I'll say that bigger people are more likely to get into fights than puny guys like me because they have some reason to rationally believe they might win them. I also might add that people who have gotten a big chunk of money suddenly are less likely to manage their notions of value and power as well as someone that's had money for longer.

So reviewing -- Big, strong, young, suddenly rich KIDS are likely to get into all kinds of trouble that I probably wouldn't get into because I'm not any of those things. AND since pro sports today is largely dominated by people who are ALL of those things, we need to accept that there is always going to be a fair amount of trouble generated by these guys.

We need to accept that basic reality and deal with it OR become swimming fans (OH I forgot our Olympic swimming gold medalist - Michael Phelps got busted for drunk driving too). See it is the way our society is structured today. We could recruit an entire team of Eagle Scouts to be the "new" Redskins, but I doubt they'd be able to beat the gints, iggles, or pukes.

I shouldn't have to accept Sean Taylors bad behavior because a good athlete! :doh:

I shouldn't have to accept his bad behavior because he's a Redskin! :doh:

And I certainly don't accept bad behavior from my kids and they're my FLESH AND BLOOD!!!

Do you have any morals whatsoever?

The mans been charged with threatening someone with a gun and you're OK with that because he's an athlete??? Nature of the beast and all that cr@p!

Just exactly how much rope are you willing to give him? Where do you draw the line? Rape??? Murder???

:monkees:

Jesus wept!

Originally posted by FuriousD

I shouldn't have to accept Sean Taylors bad behavior because a good athlete! :doh:

I shouldn't have to accept his bad behavior because he's a Redskin! :doh:

And I certainly don't accept bad behavior from my kids and they're my FLESH AND BLOOD!!!

Do you have any morals whatsoever?

The mans been charged with threatening someone with a gun and you're OK with that because he's an athlete??? Nature of the beast and all that cr@p!

Just exactly how much rope are you willing to give him? Where do you draw the line? Rape??? Murder???

:monkees:

Jesus wept!

I don't think he's saying that its OK. He's saying that we have to accept that situations like this are bound to arise.

As of now, I am ok with the fact that he's been charged with threatening someone with a gun because that it all that has happened. We don't know if ST even had a gun. There is a major difference between being charged with something and being convicted of it.

I've twice been charged with traffic offenses that I didn't commit and wouldn't have been too happy if people who heard about them were claiming I was guilty before my cases were heard.

Cutting Sean Taylor would be great.........for the 31 other teams in the league who would be fighting to pick him up.

This is the most ridiculous idea posted here in a while.

How many other Pro Bowl quality players have been cut after being convicted of crimes like this?

What good does it serve us to cut him? To make a statement about behavior at the sake of the talent of the team?

Archived