Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Golf lands man in prison. Six years later... a happy ending

Burgold

• 5 years later...

Just goes to show you should never go fishing for someone else's balls.

This post was revivified just to show you the incredible quality that our posts and threads topics used to have pre-merge. So, when we old farts complain about how much the quality has dipped... Yes and no.

or it was the oldest remaining Tailgate thread I could find that I started.

Heard this on the tv yesterday, thought it was pretty funny/ridiculous. A man in England was just sentenced to six months jail time for wading into a pond at a golf course and fishing out golf balls.

Need a link to a link to show that it is from 2002

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/1998153.stm

A man who was sent to prison for six months for taking lost golf balls and selling them on has had his jail sentence quashed.

John Collinson of Chorley, Lancashire was released by two judges at the Court of Appeal.

The 36-year-old was originally jailed at Leicester Crown Court on 26 April after being convicted of theft.

On Monday the appeal judges agreed with Mr Collinson's barrister the sentence was "disproportionate" to the offence and a non-custodial sentence was more appropriate.

Mr Collinson now plans to lodge an appeal against his conviction as well.

Burgold...have you been kidnapped by Mick?

:paranoid:

Do I look like the American Italian Idol?

I just wanted to see what my oldest recorded Tailgate thread was about... after I saw three or four revivified ones recently

Burgold...have you been kidnapped by Mick?

I usually skip over threads started by Burgold however I was sucked in by the suggestion of a happy ending.

What a disappointment.

:paranoid: So...let me get this straight...you were lured into a thread by a Happy Ending...and...Burgold is the thread starter.... :paranoid:

:paranoid: So...let me get this straight...you were lured into a thread by a Happy Ending...and...Burgold is the thread starter.... :paranoid:

Balls, prison, and happy endings, taken together, don't make for a very enticing thread topic.

Archived