Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Offseason swap with Dallas?

jrockster21

Originally posted by Fred Jones

Wow, lots of insight and commentary. And, just one more reason why I hate Dallas. Just a little insight. Our 6-10 followed a completely new coaching staff, a head coach that hadn't coached in over a decade, and lots of new faces. Dallas cannot say the same.

No when we had a coach come out of retirement and bring in a bunch of new coaches, and got new faces we went 10-6

Originally posted by BigDFan

No when we had a coach come out of retirement and bring in a bunch of new coaches, and got new faces we went 10-6

Odd that he went 6-10 the next year. You figure he, the staff and the team should be a year better, right?

Originally posted by VCorleone

To quote Bill Parcells when asked about the results of the previous years before his arrival.

You are what you are.

Okay, so Dallas is a 6-10 team, just like the Skins.

Tuna wanted to go to the 3-4, so he needed a major personnel overhaul. The guys he had were just not going to get the job done.

The Skins had no desire to do any major scheming changes, except on offense. They wanted to go deep more often, so they got speedier receivers. The defense was fine last year, they had all the right personnel. When Rogers is ready, he will be an even better fit than Smoot because he is bigger and more physical.

Originally posted by ntotoro

Odd that he went 6-10 the next year. You figure he, the staff and the team should be a year better, right?

Odd that we lost our starting Qb and had to reply on a 41 yo backup

Lost our RB for half the year

Lost our WR for most of the year

Lost our Defensive leader for the year FS Woodson

Lost our RT

Lost our DT

yes it was very odd

Vinny at 75 is an upgrade over Quinthy Carter. He'sth a terrible passther; the only thing he'sth okay at is sthcrambling.

Lost our RT

Sh!t happens. We lost the anchor of the OLine in Jansen.

Lost our DT

We lost the defensive leader from our team as well in Arrington. Our starting SS went down (Bowen). We didn't have our starting DE for most of the season (Daniels). We didn't have our starting MLB all season (Barrow).

I'm sick of hypocritical Dallas fans giving injuries as a reason for their decline, but just saying the Skins suck as the reason they lost 10 games. The Skins are getting most of their major role players back from injury, and are going to be much better this season, whether you trolls want to believe it or not.

Lost our RT

Lost our DT

yes it was very odd

Wah... you were still four games off with basically the same team... :jerk:

All those new players, including the rookies added, will have to learn a new defense. The Tuna also doesn't have his old D coordinator on the sidelines anymore directing his defense. A defense that won games. Time will tell of course how Dallas does, but every team has injuries and every team has to deal with them.

Originally posted by THEHEREAFTER

Very good analysis... your D-Line will be just fine!

Actually, I do expect our Dline to be better. If they stay healthy, our RDE is returning and some young speed guys are a year older in the system. I expect Daniels, RDE, to have a big year. Last year he was limited by injuries. We had journeymen playing RDE for most of the year.

Edit: To add, you could probably say that on paper we are an even better defense than last year. However, that is assuming everyone that is recovering from an injury will return to form and we don't suffer any further injuries. One of our backup safeties suffered a fracture this past weekend so one can never count on there not being injuries. All these players are familar with our system and not guys that have to come in and learn or rookies that have to learn the NFL game.

However, this is on paper and these players still have to go out and prove that they can still play.

Very good analysis... your D-Line will be just fine! ;)

Yeah, it will. Just like it was fine last season.

#3 defense in the NFL, remember? #2 defense in the NFL against the run, remember?

Yah, I think the DL will be fine.

Dallas had a much better Draft and overall offseason.

Spending what was spent for Campbell was a stupid move by Gibbs and the troll of an owner.

Trading Coles for Moss was just plain Dumb

Signing Mark B last offseason caused to much cap hell this year. Thanks Joe

Letting Smoot go caused the Rogers Pick if not for that then could have taken Mike Williams.

Let a VG LB go which was stupid.

Dallas has a much better team, Coach, owner and the best looking Cheerleaders and MUCH better Fans......

You better feel good about him because that is a big deal IMO. How that deal works out along with no first next year could determine the skins future for years to come. It's one thing to trade out of the first to gain picks. The Cowboys trading away two future firsts for Galloway set us back for about 5 years.

Jason Campbell represents what every first-round draft pick is: a risk. The Skins could take that risk in this year's draft or next year's draft. They chose to swap first-round picks and took that risk this year...for a third-round pick in this year's draft and a fourth-round pick in next year's draft. A third and a fourth to get what could be a franchise quarterback! I would make that deal every time!

The draft always has been and always will be a "crap shoot." So, as I previously stated, I feel real good about Jason Campbell!!! But only time will tell.

Originally posted by jksmtih269

Spending what was spent for Campbell was a stupid move by Gibbs and the troll of an owner.

Letting Smoot go caused the Rogers Pick if not for that then could have taken Mike Williams.

Dallas has a much better team, Coach, owner and the best looking Cheerleaders and MUCH better Fans......

Hey man, your ride is here. Why don't you get on?

shortbus1.jpg

Originally posted by jksmtih269

Okay....want to give any reasons why you think this was a stupid move? Or do you just want to criticize it without any real thought or evidence?

As pointed out by CakMonkey, a 3rd and a 4th for a possible franchise QB is a helluva deal! Now, this is all speculation, he may bust or he may become great. But when the move is made by a guy who has won three superbowls with three different QBs, I'd tend to trust him. The man knows a little something about QB talent. And if he doesn't have confidence in Ramsey, maybe he's on to something! I for one love Ramsey, but maybe he just doesn't have the proper skill set to be a star QB in this league. This year will answer a lot of questions about PRam.

Again.....why?

Cons:

1. We took a 6 million dollar cap hit.

Pros:

1. We jettisoned a whiny little b!tch who caught 90 balls and still complained he wasn't getting it enough.

2. We got someone who didn't want to be a Redskin out of the organization.

3. We got rid of a guy with a bum toe who refused to get it fixed, and was going to keep losing a step year after year until he fixed it.

4. In return, we got a speedster who has shown he can be a great receiver in the league. We got a guy who wants to be a Redskin. Wait until after this season to judge the move.

Mark B was a bad move. But I'll still tend to trust Gibbs when it comes to QBs (see above). Brunell may have been still healing from his elbow injury. Players have said he looks a lot better this offseason than he did last offseason. He probably will never return to his true form, but he will be one of the best 2nd stringers out there. Plus, he restructured his contract to give the Skins some cap relief this season.

I'm tired of everyone talking about Mike Williams like he is the truth. Westbrook had a lot of people talking the same way when we drafted him. And we all know how that turned out. And how do you know we wouldn't have taken Rogers anyway? Springs is good, and so is Harris, but they are both pushing retirement age. If Rogers is as good as his potential, we'll have a franchise CB for the next decade (or at least the next 4 years....enough time for him to pick up 3 SB rings).

I trust the FO in their decision. He was good, but was he worth the payday he got? Remember, he was offered a very nice deal from the Skins. The Giants deal was better, and he decided to chase the Green instead of staying loyal to the organization that gave him his shot. My gut feeling is that he shined in Williams defense because of Williams. He has talent, for sure, but I think its a similar situation to Trotter. Pierce will be back.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd you're officially a Dallas troll. So, have fun with your 5-11 season this year, fella! :finger:

:troll:

I don't want to get into this debate because fans from either side have their arguments, but isn't it very unfair to call Campbell a possible franchise QB? If not, Dallas has every right to call Henson a possible franchise QB. Henson may never develop but it is safe to say NFL people were higher on Henson several years ago then they were with Campbell. Now Campbell may be the safer bet to be a starting QB due to not taking a break but to call him a potential franchise QB is Homerism at its best imo.

Goose you just answered your own comment. We are calling Campbell a potential franchise QB and not a franchise QB. Henson may turn out to be the real deal or he may falter. The same goes with Campbell. The Tuna and his staff have faith that Bledsoe will produce this year and allow Henson another year of development. Who knows if the change will work out or not.

I will say that the Tuna has proven in the past that he can win. He just has to prove he can win with his current coaching staff and prove that his 10-6 record was not a fluke. I am not as confident as puke fans that he can. He does not possess on his coaching staff his most important member of his old staff.

Originally posted by goose34

I don't want to get into this debate because fans from either side have their arguments, but isn't it very unfair to call Campbell a possible franchise QB? If not, Dallas has every right to call Henson a possible franchise QB. Henson may never develop but it is safe to say NFL people were higher on Henson several years ago then they were with Campbell. Now Campbell may be the safer bet to be a starting QB due to not taking a break but to call him a potential franchise QB is Homerism at its best imo.

Why is it homerism to call him a potential franchise QB? I mean, that's what he is, right? He is also a potential bust, but I'm a glass is half-full kind of guy when it comes to the Skins.

And I can't fully remember what was said about Henson when he came out, but Campbell was the #2 quarterback on a lot of people's draft boards this year. And the Skins thought enough of him to give up a 3rd and 4th rounder (which if you think about it, is a pretty damn good deal if he pans out).

If its homerism to call Campbell a potential franchise QB, then isn't it homerism to call any draft pick a potential star player? In that case, what are we supposed to do?

Archived