Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do you really mean it?

Burgold

I'm just curious, do you really mean what you've said? In many of these off topic discussions the postings seem to be to be quite severe on both sides, especially when offering plans or opinions. When you are writing or posting do you right something that depicts your views precisely or do you try to make them more severe/extreme to rile your opposition and to try to get a reaction.

It depends. On the more serious stuff, I tend to be accurate and precise as to my views. There are times on other threads, and occasionally even on the serious ones when I'll satirize or use sarcasm to make a point. It really depends on the subject matter and how much I hold it near and dear to my heart.

I agree with redman. It's difficult in a written environment to get your point across lacking the use of voice inflection, speed, and tone. I would say that I stand behind everything that I say, but that doesnt mean that I dont see the need for exceptions to every rule.

I'll say what I'm feeling most of the time, but I may use exaggeration or sarcasm for effect or perhaps make a point.

I do tend to try and offer a different perspective if I think it warrants it, and in those cases I try to be as non-inflaming as I can.

But every now and then I'll respond emotionally when someone pushes my buttons, and at that point who wknows what I'll come up with :)

"But every now and then I'll respond emotionally when someone pushes my buttons, and at that point who wknows what I'll come up with"

It's at these times I highly recommend staying away from the White Rocket. :D

Archived