Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.COM vote for Redskins QB Starter

Originally posted by dfbovey

Brunell shouldn't even be involved in the poll. Unless there is an injury, he won't see the field at all.

Ramsey is the starter, Campbell comes in if he struggles.

I don't know, if Ramsey were to struggle, I'd be willing to bet Gibbs would go with Brunell first. Not that I'd agree with that, but I think that is what he would do.

I can't believe this is even close.

Ramsey is due to have a breakout season. It's the first time he's had the same offensive system for two years in a row.

Write it down. People are going to be comparing his season this year to that of Drew Brees last year.

Those who know Gibbs knows how this will go. Ramsey will be the starter unless he is horrible (which wont happen) or gets injured (I pray this does not happen). In which case, Brunell will go in and be the back up. Campbell is a rookie and will not see the field this year unless Ramsey and Brunell are both unavailable. My preference would be Ramsey (1) Campbell (2) Brunell (3) but I have little influence at Redskins Park.

Originally posted by FranklinNoble

Ramsey is due to have a breakout season. It's the first time he's had the same offensive system for two years in a row.

Write it down. People are going to be comparing his season this year to that of Drew Brees last year.

While I agree with your sentiment Ramsey was in Spurrier's system for two years, albiet not as a starter, which in this case, he won't be starting for the 2nd straight year either.

I hope Ramsey is the starter all season, as that would be related to good team performance.

If he puts up numbers close to his decent performance to close out the season last season (7 games), he'll stay in. Gibbs would not have reason enough to yank him, as in my opinion, that sort of play gets us an 8-8 season without even addressing our much improved O-line and the help that gives to the running game, not to mention the super fast receivers we're going to have zipping around the field.

Brunell can be competent enough to be a backup; he does still have veteran experience, and frankly, he won't get the same long leash this season should he blow it if he does go in. Keeping him in last season was about Ramsey's development, IMO. When Ramsey came in as a starter, he was MUCH more ready to do so than earlier in the season.

As for Campbell, even if my feeling (and others') is correct that he'll be a great quarterback down the line for the Skins (hopefully), he should only be the backup if Brunell is unusable. This time from the sidelines is going to be so valuable for him, and hopefully 2006 will present us with something like a Joe Montana/Steve Young situation.

HTTR!!

Originally posted by FranklinNoble

I can't believe it's this close no matter what, but maybe because it's a national poll and I don't think the rest of the country thinks as highly of Patrick as we do.

I would like for it to be Ramsey but wont be surprised if Jason is in there. If Ramsey starts 12 games and goes 3 and 9 everyone will say we need a new qb. We already gave away our #1 pick for what?? A new qb sounds like someone knows what they're doing in the FO to me.

Please let it be Ramsey. I'm so sick of the ferris wheel of players. Ramsey could be our franchise for the next decade if Gibbs would just stop pulling the rug out from under him. Here's a word that doesn't seem to be in our teams dictionary... Continuity

Archived