Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Own3d Thread.(Keep it clean)

unsonny

On 8/4/2017 at 11:46 AM, Dan T. said:

Check the serial number on this urinal:

<urinal selfie>

People always give ME dirty looks whenever I start snapping selfies at the Truck Stop urinal...    so darned inconsistent and unfair sometimes :(

Edited by mcsluggo

Residents of an illustrious San Francisco private street where homes sell for millions have had the street itself bought from under them.

Presidio Terrace is now owned by two investors, Tina Lam and Michael Cheng, who snapped up the private road for about $90,000 (£69,039, €76,203).

The street - parking, pathways and all - was sold by the city over a $14-a-year tax which went unpaid for decades.......In a twist, the street is now owned by two investors of Asian origin - despite originally being governed by a "racial covenant" which prevented anyone except Caucasian whites buying property there (a provision made illegal decades ago). Mr Cheng is originally from Taiwan, and Ms Lam from Hong Kong.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40861145

i don;t understand the "good for them" attitude.    The homeowners just ignored the ownership of the street in front of their house, just like ALL of us do (i think?).   I know the state or the country or the city (some government) owns and maintains the street in front of my house, im vaguely aware that their ownership extends through the grass median (where all the water and sewer mains are) and includes the sidewalk, but that i am expected to mow and maintain the median, anyway.   Beyond that...i have never paid attention, nor needed to.

now, if some people bought up the street that i thought was a public good ... not to move in, but just to be dicks from afar, and try to squeeze revenue from me for things that i (and everybody else in the city) always does for for free.... i'd be pissed.  i don;t know why these 2 are seen as some sort of robin hood heroes, rather than being seen as being more like THIS guy... 

la-fi-mh-shkreli-looked-like-a-jerk-2016

(of course they haven't actually DONE anything ****ty yet ...nor ACTED like ^^this^^ jackass, yet ...... but still......... )

Edited by mcsluggo
  • Like 3