Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Goodbye for now

GSF

All,

I think I have been one of the more positive posters this season. I have been so excited about getting Gibbs back, that loss after loss has not gotten me down. Even when everybody was freaking out over Brunell, I was excited. After every loss this year, I made some sort of positive, looking to the future post. I must say though, that this most recent loss to the Pukes just crushed me. I just knew in my guts that when Dallas got the ball back that last time that we were going to lose. I'm sure many of you shared that same feeling of dread.

Anyways friends, I've decided to take a hiatus from Redskins fanaticism. Don't get me wrong, I will always love my Redskins, but I need a break from carrying the torch, and a big part of carrying that torch is debating and discussing everything that is the Redskins on a daily basis with all of you.

I will still check in with the site occaisionally to check up on any breaking news and take a peek at the daily babe, but I will not be posting for some time. I just don't have the passion for it right now. Unfortunately, I think this is the only way I can rekindle my enthusiasm in time for next season. I still believe that Gibbs will return this team to greatness, I just don't even want to think about it right now.

Thank you all for the great debates, insights, and arguments. I hope you all have a wonderful new year and a great offseason. I'll be back, and when I am I'll be ready to burn the torch once again. Cheers!

GSF/ Georgia Skins Fan

:cheers:

Well, wish you well GSF...we could use your positive energy here more than ever...

You can be passionate, and be able to mute your disappointment. What I think got a lot of guys into trouble this year was not recognizing we were rebuilding. Ridiculous expectations for a coach coming in after a 12 year absence. I guess I'm in the minority...I was disappointed in the Dallas loss, but a long way from crushed. Once it was apparent we were eliminated from the slim-hope of a wildcard, what difference did it make? For me, it would have been much worse were this a good Dallas team. That we lost a battle of cellar-dwellers wasn't all that traumatic for me.

This wasn't going to be our year. I believe we could have squeaked in to the post-season had we not started Brunell, but its a moot point.

You've got one more game to play.....so get that damn helmet back on and get your *** back on the field. You can take a break starting Monday, but not before.

It's always good to recharge your batteries and come back more fresh later GSF. I had the fortune of having vacation time with the family this week and am trying to finish up work for the year so I haven't had time or the ability to be depressed about the last game or the season this week.

I do have a bad feeling about THIS week's game and think we might get shelled, so I might be where you are next week :)

Totally understand.

It certainly can wear on you... all these defeats. And if you take them personally.... it can take it's toll.

Do what you have to... to get ready for next season. That's the most important thing.

Take care... and you had better come back. You're one of my favorite posters.

Thanks gents for the great replies. I'm not sure why this latest defeat was so hard for me to swallow. Maybe I just let myself get too pumped up for the game, I don't know. Thanks again, and keep up the great work mods. This is definitely the best sports site on the web.

I hear ya man. Fortunately, (Or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it) I had a couple of US Air Force sponsored breaks from civilization this past year, so I did'nt get to see all the carnage. But it does get to you after awhile, especially with all the more fanatical "GIBBS SUCKS/ GIBBS DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING/FIRE THIS GUY" types that seem to be here now.

Recharge the batteries bud, and we'll see ya here next year :cheers:

I see where your coming from.....I got great tickets on Christmas for Sunday's game and was SO excited to have the chance, maybe, to see a playoff deciding game. To be at FedEx (though it's NOT RFK) on game day is awesome. I was physically sick after the loss Sunday and TOTALLY bummed.

I haven't wavered in my belief in the Skins over the last decade so I will not waver now. I will be there screaming in the endzone Sunday once the game starts!

:logo: :pint:

Hang in there GSF.....the fire is still burning in you.....it will be willed back to you no matter what......Hail.

I understand where you are coming from - I seldom post but am usually here most every day to read what everybody is saying. But as of lately I don't log on Sundays or Mondays to often, it is just depressing to read all the get rid of somebody threads (other than MB) right after a loss. But by Tuesday I'm usually over it and come back for that Redskin fix. After Dallas though It took until Wednesday! You'll be back soon.

ive been feeling the same as of late, the season is winding down, nothing much changed, save for an all important QB switch. The negative attitude on this forum by some posters was probably not helping you either.

Get back here soon, we'll need some more positive posters like you to hold off the swarm of negativity lately.

Archived