Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Worst Redskin qb in Recent History

Buck812

Brunell is playing bad right now but he's not a bad qb.

The others were just bad qbs.

Obviously if Brunell is as bad as everyone on this sight thinks then that makes Joe a terrible Head coach not to see it.

I for one don't think Joe is a bad coach so if-fat-so Brunell can't be a bad QB...

I picked Danny "the arm" Wureful- only because Spurrier touted him as such a great NFL hero/legend and then threw a tantrum when Snyder (finally) did the right thing and cut him for Ramsey.

Shuler was pretty lousy too. Tony Banks actually had one of his best years with us- he and Kent Graham actually didn't look too bad in Marty's offence (after the 1st 5 pitiful losses).

Obviously if Brunell is as bad as everyone on this sight thinks then that makes Joe a terrible Head coach not to see it.

Can anyone name another veteran qb that would not be benched if he had played as bad as Brunell? I could understand a coach having patients with a young qb but this is the most mind boggling thing I have ever seen Joe Gibbs do.

Originally posted by Buck812

Who is the worst Redskin qb in Recent history?...I think we have him now. Brunell is just horrible. Banks was bad and so were wuerful and shuler, but I think we are hitting an all time low right now.

The answer is shuler

but if Brunell is the worst qb in your opinion, think how bad the passing game will be if Shuler or Wuerful(without spurriers playbook) ran it.

brunell has two more games to prove to me that it is not all been his fault, but if he doesn't improve -NEXT-

• 5 months later...

Definitley Heath

With all the hype he had, then his holdout, then the fact that he wasn't bright enough to be an NFL QB, as well as 5 INT games etc it was him

And I was a big fan on his bandwagon back in 1994 and 1995. He had all sorts of athletic ability, great arm, great scrambling ability.

He just could not read defenses or understand an NFL offense

I choose Shuler because of the hype this guy recieved, not to mention that he was a first round pick that had manged to fall off the planet in 5 years (3 with Redskins, 2 with Saints). Shuler also managed to pull off a 59.6 and 55.6 QB rating in 1994 and 1995 respectivley. Brunell, George, Banks, Freotte, and Wuerffel all had better ratings playing with the Redskins. Shuler... you are the worst redskins QB in redskins recent histor.

blaze

Jeff George was the worst. I can't believe his name isn't even on the list.

no....in 2000 he performed quite well in numerous games...the Rams game on Monday Night for example

he fell apart in 2001, though.

He's not the worst.

I do agree though, he should be on the list.

Even though his career was a total wash, I still sort of feel bad for Shuler. Talk about everything going wrong that could go wrong. First, he holds out and finally signs late into training camp. Next, he gets thrown into the games clearly before he was ready to play. That's still one thing that never made any sense to me. John Friesz was a servicable QB. Granted, he wasn't gonna take you anywhere, but still, he would have been adequate as a stop-gap starter for a season. That would have allowed Shuler a chance to catch up and learn the system. Instead, he gets thrown in early, plays poorly and then, worst of all, Frerotte gets in and has a great game against the Colts...INSTANT QB controversy.

His 2nd season, he gets hurt in the season opener on what I still think was a dirty play by Clyde Simmons. Misses most of the year and then loses a QB battle with Frerotte the following season. End of Redskins career.

Archived