Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tailgate and/or Get Together in Tampa?

Long n Left

I’ll be heading down for the game, been there a few times before...always a good time.

We’ve usually met up in Al Lopez Park (a gameday parking area very close to the stadium). Just checking in to see who is going, and have there been plans made already?

If someone would like to hijack this thread, and be the task master of telling us when and where to meet up, and get a list of who will bring what, please feel free. I’m ****ty at that kind of stuff.

Since I will be traveling down from the Carolinas via plane, I will only be able to bring beer and liquor. Maybe something already made from the grocery also.

Hope to see a bunch of you there...

I outlined some stuff in a post a little further along, see there for ideas.

Official Road Rally at Elmer’s in Ybor City, Saturday night 6:30-8:00

We're staying at the four points.

Our plan is to uber but if the rental car is needed for tailgating we could drive.

The problem is we're flying down so we wont have any of our usual supplies like a grill and canopy and whatnot.

That's why we were just gonna uber it.

1 hour ago, redskinss said:

We're staying at the four points.

Our plan is to uber but if the rental car is needed for tailgating we could drive.

The problem is we're flying down so we wont have any of our usual supplies like a grill and canopy and whatnot.

That's why we were just gonna uber it.

We’re in the same boat. Hoping some of the SW Fla locals come in here and tell us what’s up!

Bump this to keep it first page.

HEY! Anybody else going? It’s Tampa takeover week for goodness sake!

Okay, since nobody is taking the bull by the horns:

Al Lopez Park is at the corner of Dale Mabry and Dr MLK Jr. Cost is $15, and they do NOT take cash. You may pre-purchase from a website (easy to find if you Google it) or by credit card at the park. We usually enter off MLK, and make a left into the corner of the park nearest the MLK/Dale Mabry intersection. Park opens 4 hours before kickoff (9 am).

I will drive the rental car there, and try to get there close to 9. I will bring adult beverages, and some ready made sandwiches or the like.

If any locals can bring a grill, that would be awesome. Let us know on here, so we can plan accordingly.

If you are coming, please let everyone know what you are planning to bring with you. 

Thanks, and look forward to seeing you in sunny (hopefully) and warm Tampa.

Also, Redskins bar in Tampa: 

Elmer’s Sports Cafe on 7th Ave. in Ybor City. I’ve got dinner plans on Friday and Saturday nights with friends and family, but will probably be at Elmer’s Thursday evening, and Saturday, after dinner.

8 hours ago, hail2skins said:

A friend of mine is going down to Tampa for the game and he wanted to know if there is an official gathering place on Saturday night for Skins fans (like the ones Larry M and others would show up at). Any idea?

Have not heard of an official meet and greet, but I’ll look into it and see what I can find.

If things come together I will get down there Sunday morning for some employment stuff Monday, try to scrounge a single ticket.  I'll Uber over from the TPA terminal and wander the parking lots in my Riggo knockoff jersey looking for like-minded people.  I will cram as many 3 oz. bottles of good bourbon in my TSA Pre-Check carry-on as I can. ??

1 hour ago, VeroViper said:

I am thinking of taking my son to the game Sunday. What's my best bet for value tickets? Stubhub? Should I wait until gameday morning to buy? I haven't bought last minute tickets in over 20 years.

You can continue to check StubHub, but my guess is you’ll find cheapest tix at the game from scalpers. Last Sunday, my daughter and friend came up from Clemson for the Panthers v Bucs game. Top level end zone was going for $80+ on StubHub. Went to the stadium and got them top section row 20 tix for $50.

22 hours ago, VeroViper said:

I am thinking of taking my son to the game Sunday. What's my best bet for value tickets? Stubhub? Should I wait until gameday morning to buy? I haven't bought last minute tickets in over 20 years.

Stubhub seems to work best for me for NFL.  Seetgeek brings in a few more options sometimes.  I have been watching prices for myself, they've dropped a bit this week.  If you see a pair of tickets you want at an acceptable price, I'd grab them once you are sure you are going to the game.  But if you just want to be in the stadium somewhere, roll the dice and hope to find two together for less than $50 each Sunday morning, either online or in the parking lot.  If you buy Sunday online, watch out for tickets you have to print out, BTDT, had to pay $5 at the nearest hotel business center to get my tickets!

Archived