Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bring DeShean Jackson Back

joeken24

17 hours ago, Hdf561 said:

NO! He is a mercenary that is only out for the most money, not that that makes him exclusive but he flaunts it, he has no loyalty to any team he just wants his and when it isn’t going his way he shuts it down. 

So no thanks from me 

LOL, so players are just supposed to take discounts and play their entire career somewhere until they retire or get cut/traded?  Get out of here with that nonsense.  He was a good receiver here and because of his play, the open market for him was going to be a lot more than we were willing to pay.  Not to mention, he was heading into year 10 of his career and most likely his last big contract.  

He did absolutely nothing wrong by signing with another team for the most money he could get.  No loyalty to any team?  He played 6 years in Philly and Chip Kelley turned his back on him and they released him.  I'd gladly welcome him back, but even if he comes back, I think his talent will be wasted with Alex as the starting QB.  

I don't understand the comments about how a deep threat will be wasted by "captain checkdown".   Do you not remember that Smith was prolific throwing down field last year when he had Tyreek Hill? In fact, he was the most accurate QB in the league throwing the ball 20+ yards down field. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-most-accurate-deep-ball-passers-in-2017

Just now, Stadium-Armory said:

I don't understand the comments about how a deep threat will be wasted by "captain checkdown".   Do you not remember that Smith was prolific throwing down field last year when he had Tyreek Hill? In fact, he was the most accurate QB in the league throwing the ball 20+ yards down field. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-most-accurate-deep-ball-passers-in-2017

Alex just looks off this year with the deep ball.  That one pass he tried to PRich missed so bad that it actually turned out to be a good thing cause it didn't get intercepted, but none the less, was a horrible pass.

I would welcome DJax back with open arms, but until Alex starts making some more plays downfield, I won't get my hopes up that even with DJax back that it suddenly makes Alex the deep threat passer he was last season.  

1 hour ago, Stadium-Armory said:

It's just ludicrous blind hate, I'd say. Even without Hill, Alex was the best deep thrower last season. Add in that screen passes and YAC routes are a dominating thing in today's game. Imagine adding a guy that is similar, as versatile, and further imagine Paul Rich getting healthy along side him. 

2 hours ago, Sandy Monk said:

I Add in that screen passes and YAC routes are a dominating thing in today's game. Imagine adding a guy that is similar, as versatile, and further imagine Paul Rich getting healthy along side him. 

Agree.   And while I like Richardson more than most I don't think he's mastered the action as for sweeps -- when he knows he's not getting the ball he too often runs it a bit wide to tip off the defense he's not getting the ball.  D. Jax is in a different league.  

Yes, and yes.  Where do I sign?

Always a big fan of his, and he is better than any WR we currently have on the roster.  He could be a decoy all year and open up the middle for Reed and Davis.

SIGN HIM!

*Sign Peterson too*

On 10/29/2018 at 11:05 AM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

LOL, so players are just supposed to take discounts and play their entire career somewhere until they retire or get cut/traded?  Get out of here with that nonsense.  He was a good receiver here and because of his play, the open market for him was going to be a lot more than we were willing to pay.  Not to mention, he was heading into year 10 of his career and most likely his last big contract.  

He did absolutely nothing wrong by signing with another team for the most money he could get.  No loyalty to any team?  He played 6 years in Philly and Chip Kelley turned his back on him and they released him.  I'd gladly welcome him back, but even if he comes back, I think his talent will be wasted with Alex as the starting QB.  

No of course he doesn’t have to, but there is a difference in players that want to win vs players that only think about money. How many discounts had Brady given the patriots? Why because winning the Super Bowl is more important to him than an extra million. Desean is not that guy, and that’s fine I would rather have the guy who wants to be a Redskin then make millions. Darrel Green could have made a lot more money especially toward the end of his career but he stayed here, lots of players choose that route those are the ones I want. 

BTW Desean is only a deep threat, we obviously are not playing that game, he was with us three years never played all 16 games and the most TD’s he scored was 6. Not exactly burning down the stat line, he is solid but way to much money for that production IMO. 

If you like him great, Im just not a fan, defiantly don’t think he is a team guy, think he is a locker room killer, and is just an ok talent. 

On paper, I would love to have D-Jax back. He still has the ability to take the top off the defense, and we have been struggling to do that since he left. But I do not think that he will develop chemistry with Alex Smith in such a short amount of time. Alex would need to learn to trust him and figure out Jackson's speed and all of that takes time. (Not to be that guy, but) If we still had Kirk, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger since they are familiar with each other.

On 10/29/2018 at 12:02 PM, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Alex just looks off this year with the deep ball.  That one pass he tried to PRich missed so bad that it actually turned out to be a good thing cause it didn't get intercepted, but none the less, was a horrible pass.

I would welcome DJax back with open arms, but until Alex starts making some more plays downfield, I won't get my hopes up that even with DJax back that it suddenly makes Alex the deep threat passer he was last season.  

I watched the Game Rewind and the wind looked serious. Swearingers 2nd pick and the PI on Nicholson stand out; any pass that had air under it was affected. Also, when the refs called penalties their clothers were whipping. I don't know if the announcers mentioned it during the live broadcast, but it certainly appeared to be a factor.

I'd take DJax back for a 7th rounder if he promises to stay healthy.

On 10/28/2018 at 4:16 PM, Vanguard said:

THANK YOU!!

WTF it's the QB not the receivers.

He's saying that Smith can't throw deep which is true. That doesn't mean we can't improve our short to mid range WRs. Wait never mind Tate went to the Eagles. 

I say sign a cheap Dez, but hey I guess the bust Doctson will do.

4 minutes ago, Hdf561 said:

No of course he doesn’t have to, but there is a difference in players that want to win vs players that only think about money. How many discounts had Brady given the patriots? Why because winning the Super Bowl is more important to him than an extra million. Desean is not that guy, and that’s fine I would rather have the guy who wants to be a Redskin then make millions. Darrel Green could have made a lot more money especially toward the end of his career but he stayed here, lots of players choose that route those are the ones I want. 

BTW Desean is only a deep threat, we obviously are not playing that game, he was with us three years never played all 16 games and the most TD’s he scored was 6. Not exactly burning down the stat line, he is solid but way to much money for that production IMO. 

If you like him great, Im just not a fan, defiantly don’t think he is a team guy, think he is a locker room killer, and is just an ok talent. 

You cannot compare Brady restructuring his contract to Desean Jackson wanting to maximize his earnings.  Both players were in completely different situations.  By 2005 he was already a 3x SB winner, he gave up money over the years by lowering his base and getting bigger upfront money to sign key FA so they could remain competitive.  

Big difference when you're already making a lot more money than a WR.  Not to mention, his wife is worth more than double what Tom has made, even with the discounts (estimated he left 60 million on the table - possibly close to 80 depending on what variables are in play) she was worth 360 million in 2017 with him at 180 million. 

Desean could have been a Redskin, the FO chose not to pay him what his market value was worth.  That's on the Redskins, just like it always is.  And for the record, even though I liked him, I was fine with letting him walk but hoping we would resign Garcon, which didn't happen.  

Big difference than DJax's situation, he isn't a QB and isn't going to get paid like one and he isn't married to a super model worth hundreds of millions of dollars that puts him in position to take discounts.  Again, by the time TB could start cashing in for top contracts (2005) he had 3 SBs.  

Pass. DJax is all business decisions at this point. He wants nothing to do w/ anything between the hash marks. Strictly steaks and fades. Alex is second guessing. And he isn't a run blocker. Say what you want about Richardson. But the dude does dirty work inside the numbers all day. 

Archived