Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NYT: Explosive Devices Found in Mail Sent to Hillary Clinton and Obama

Bozo the kKklown

Two explosive devices were found in mail sent to the offices of former President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, the Secret Service said Wednesday.

The devices were similar to one found on Monday at the home of the billionaire philanthropist George Soros, two law enforcement officials said.

In a statement, the Secret Service said it “has intercepted two suspicious packages addressed to Secret Service protectees,” who were identified as Mrs. Clinton and Mr. Obama.

The device addressed to Mrs. Clinton in Westchester County was found late on Tuesday by a Secret Service employee who screens mail for her office, the statement said. The package addressed to Mr. Obama was intercepted by Secret Service personnel in Washington, D.C. early on Wednesday.

Read more

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/24/nyregion/clinton-obama-explosive-device.html

This is America.

6 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

Last night Ted Cruz openly called for his opponent to be jailed. For what? Nothing at all but rabid tribalism. 

The right has openly declared liberals as enemies of the public. Incidents like this will become increasingly common.

They're digging their own grave deeper. Only the stupidest of the stupid will continue down this road. People can only allow themselves to be hurt but so much before they wake up.

They'll never like people like you and me, but that hate well only gets you so far before you realize it's cold, dark, and sucks

An explosive device, similar in build to the ones sent to Obama and Clinton, was just found at the White House

Also, live on the air, a fire alarm is going off at CNN.  Sciuto and Poppy Harlow both looked a bit concerned and cut to commercial....

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

They're digging their own grave deeper. Only the stupidest of the stupid will continue down this road. People can only allow themselves to be hurt but so much before they wake up.

They'll never like people like you and me, but that hate well only gets you so far before you realize it's cold, dark, and sucks

We say this, and a majority of this country doesn't support it, but they control all the power levers and of course the Electoral College.

What they have done is legalized.

7 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

We say this, and a majority of this country doesn't support it, but they control all the power levers and of course the Electoral College.

What they have done is legalized.

Yep, we sure do say it, and it immediately sounds like bull****. And maybe it's because I've been more reflective as of late myself over stuff, but despite how much the deck is stacked, it's still the collective individual that can flip the script.

Until they literally take my brown ass to the chopping block, I still think there is a chance to turn things around. I don't think things are that dire yet, much as it may feel like it.

Is there any confirmation that any of them were working explosives? Think this is a little different then the expected violent response expected from the right, this looks like someone trying to send a message to both sides of aisle.  My feelings about this i need to step away from before posting. 

Is this different than the unabomber or the powder sent to the Bush admin or the recent package sent to trump?

but let’s all reenact the crash scene on Airpline

keep giving them those clicks, they’ll keep giving you the hysteria and fear

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

How does this get better?

Going after the larger entities fanning flames legally.  UK was about to ban fox news for how partisan and disingeious they are, have laws for when you come after the government like that, we need that here.

I'm waiting to see if anyone dies, but as if right now, I wish they sent one to Fox News and MSNBC to drive home their point.

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

How does this get better?

Look in the mirror everyday and say basically, "I get assassination attempts on my life all the time.... What makes them so special:rolleyes:"

Then you won't see or feel anything, because your head will be up your ass, cutting off circulation

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Going after the larger entities fanning flames legally.  UK was about to ban fox news for how partisan and disingeious they are, have laws for when you come after the government like that, we need that here.

If the solution to this problem is to have the government regulating what the Press can't say, I'll take living with the bombs. 

Yeah, remember earlier in the week we had  discussion over that article about how to just be all cuddly and tolerant with opposing views?

Yeah, they won't hurt you.

We're past that. It's obvious.

You ever look at the faces of the people in history who are caught up in this sort of thing? They always look so surprised and dumbfounded.

Probably spent way too much time trying to be "civil" while the opposing viewpointers killed them.

~Bang

6 minutes ago, Larry said:

Mid the solution to this problem is to have the government regulating what the Press can't say, I'll take living with the bombs. 

Freedom of Speech doesn't allow you to say what you want.  You can't say you want to kill the president or divulge state secrets.  Why should the press be protected from telling bold face lies? 

How can look at the direction of what right-wing propaganda machines like Fox is doing and saying we're better off jua letting them do that?  There should be a line, right now there is none in this country.

@Larry read this article and get back to me

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/nov/06/fox-news-shows-broke-uk-tv-impartiality-rules-ofcom-finds

An episode of Tucker Carlson Tonight on 25 May, days after the Manchester terrorist attack, accused the British government and authorities of failing to counter terrorism, stop radicalisation and protect “thousands of underage girls” from rape and abuse.

It included claims that authorities failed to act because of political correctness and because they valued how people saw them over the lives of children. They were accused of forcing an “official lie” on citizens that was “totalitarian” and “wicked”.

Yea, interesting morning at my office.  Obama's post-presidency office is in the building.  We also had an evacuation because he had been sent mail with a mysterious white powder last year.  I hope they catch the terrorists.  

Edit:  To be clear, today's package was sent to Obama's home, but my building is still on high alert. 

Archived